Plane crash

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Kanzer

Plane crash

Post by Kanzer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:58 am

A plane crashed yesterday in Barajas, northern zone of Madrid, capital city of Spain, due to the explosion of an engine when taking off, about 30 meters above ground. 164 people were in it, 19 still live.

Ah, another black page on my city's history.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Guesty

Re: Plane crash

Post by Guesty » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:22 am

Wow...just...wow...

My condolences to the victims and the survivors and their family and friends, and I hope the misfortune will be kept to a minimum in your city and the world in the future, if possible. <_<
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:35 am

It was no accident, though: only pure incompetence.

"This plane's not taking off, it'll eat the ground"

Those were the words of the pilot when he tried to cancel the flight. but the dudes of Spanair, the air company, thought an apparent problem with an engine was not worth their time and money. A man tried to get off the plane before it parted when he knew of the technical issues and he was not allowed to lave.

And now they're dead.

There was a woman, though, among the few survivors, that was the fudge awesome heroine of the day. I'll tell you when I feel like it.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:15 am

That sounds... Kinda evil.

I seriously hope that something is done over that and that no other people die from the injuries. Are there any articles or photo's you could link to?
Hooded_Miracle wrote:It needs some 'The Devil went down to Georgia,' because I'm pretty sure the devil doesn't like Georgia. >_>
Shift Breaker wrote:No, you're thinking of the Russians.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:19 am

Wow. That's terrible.

What's even more terrible is that it potentially could have been avoided, or at least had less casualties.

My condolences to all involved.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:03 pm

I pray that everyone involved is okay and will be able to get over their losses snappy-like.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:04 pm

I have many articles here, all in Spanish. I'll try to get something in english or translate one or two of them for you thonight when I get home.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:37 am

Um, I don't really want to hijack the topic or anything, but guys... Is this honestly not on your media? I mean, did you actually hear about this because of Kanzer's topic? Or do you just not watch/read the news? I mean, I know local media doesn't report much on outside news... But come on, this is rather important! I can't believe the media would skip this.

"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 am

Well I hadn't been near a TV or newspaper for nearly a week before I came on here. Festivals.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:07 am

Linkman wrote:Um, I don't really want to hijack the topic or anything, but guys... Is this honestly not on your media? I mean, did you actually hear about this because of Kanzer's topic? Or do you just not watch/read the news? I mean, I know local media doesn't report much on outside news... But come on, this is rather important! I can't believe the media would skip this.

A plane crashed near a golf course a few miles away from my town. I really didn't hear much of it then. >_<
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:59 am

How long is that ago?

Also,I did hear that one of the plane's engines was IN REVERSE.
No wonder it could not lift.....

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:15 am

In reverse? lol

It had overheat problems.

But I've never actually felt like doing any research or even listening to the media. It's happened, so many died, it's being investigated, all right. I don't want the details, seriously.