Greetings From Wars Central!

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
eggy

Greetings From Wars Central!

Post by eggy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:08 pm

As you may, or may not know I finance the Wars Central website and help run it along with JoJo and Shade.

I'm currently inviting members of all the Advance Wars communities to join in some of the fun in the forums and decided to make my first visit to Wars World News. =)

I'm currently running a big(ish) competition in the Forums and wanted to see if you guys were interested in competing too. I want to try and make the CO Power Series a huge contest and thought why keep it just to WCF members? Why not get the whole AW community involved!

The game is simple, find, or earn, CO Meter Stars for your chance to win prizes and forum money (G). If you stop by the forums you can check out our Shop which has a load of prizes that you can buy with your G, such as; DS Games, T-Shirts, Plushies to name a few. The winner(s) of the CO Power Series will scoop some big prizes, I'm not gonna divulge what they are just yet, but one of the prizes to win will require you to have a PayPal account. ;)

If you wanna stop by and register and compete, feel free to, it'll be great to see you there. If not, no worries.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you soon.

P.S. Gotta love the Infantry in his pants Smilie, it's awesome! :geshorts:

Kanzer

Re: Greetings From Wars Central!

Post by Kanzer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Isn't this like, spam?
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

eggy

Post by eggy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Not at all, I'm just letting y'all have a shot at being part of a big contest with all the AW communities. =)

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 pm

No Kanzer, such a post as eggy's is more akin to AMWAY consultants.
eggy wrote:I want to try and make the CO Power Series a huge contest and thought why keep it just to WCF members? Why not get the whole AW community involved!
Ambition is all well and good, but expecting great things from a small community will lead only to despair.
eggy wrote:The game is simple, find, or earn, CO Meter Stars for your chance to win prizes and forum money (G). If you stop by the forums you can check out our Shop which has a load of prizes that you can buy with your G, such as; DS Games, T-Shirts, Plushies to name a few. The winner(s) of the CO Power Series will scoop some big prizes, I'm not gonna divulge what they are just yet, but one of the prizes to win will require you to have a PayPal account. ;)
QQ much? No, not the phrase, the application those chinks go crazy over. Forgive my skepticism, but systems based on frequent posting, donating, or whatever ker-azy scheme you've come up with to inflate online egos that already are too distant from reality aren't really that cool in my book. Naturally, whining about such things in turn allows for an even more inflated ego.

In fact, would you mind telling me just what your intented direction with such a ploy is? If it's to wake up the AW community by waving shiny collectibles in their faces, keep in mind that this is the same group that can't even maintain an MSPaint competition for more than a week.
eggy wrote:P.S. Gotta love the Infantry in his pants Smilie, it's awesome! :geshorts:
Yeah, Wuffy's awesome like that. If you ever want some fancy-shmancy graphics, he's a good one to mug. Provided you can somehow manage to get ahold of him, that is.

eggy

Post by eggy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:08 pm

I live in England, London to be precise, I ship out world wide and it's all free of charge. Why not have a quick look as a guest and see what's on offer?

The main bulk of G is through competing in Competitions that are set up, we've got a pretty fun system, again, why not just have a quick browse, see if you like the idea of anything? Posting does not increase your G, we don't want people to spam up the place just for a tiny bit of gold.

I have faith in the members, we've had many a successful competition in the past, and if they don't have the attention span to stay in the contest, then I guess it is their loss.

Please do not think I'm just trying to spam, I'm merely inviting you to our community. =)

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:36 pm

No, I would not like your insurance. I'm not buying into your plan, no matter how much money it guarantees from my suboordinate tiers.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:19 am

Well, I suppose this is essentially harmless. It probably belongs in ASDF, but I'll spare you Pichu's access to the mod tools.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:18 am

Jeez Pichu, why do you have to be so mean?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am

It's really just a test of their mettle, to see if they are indeed worthy of being ambitious. If he had fallen into despair or whined about me being nasty, then I would likely get harsher, chuckle briefly at his demise and then lock myself away and regret being a jerk to the poor fella.

Since he's stood his ground and remained civil in his rebuttal, I'll give him a metaphorical slap on the back and maybe sign up for kicks.

After all, people in this world aren't nice and you need to be able to stand up. Besides, I really, really, hate AMWAY.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Okay, that makes no sense. You were just being an arse.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:17 am

That's what I just said.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:19 am

I cite the phrase ''what you say is what you are'' ...

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:24 am

Advance Wars is a simple game? :?

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:29 am

dragonite wrote:I cite the phrase ''what you say is what you are'' ...
When have I denied it?

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:50 pm

I play AW.

When I am bored to death.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:06 am

And I thought my dad was bad at jokes....

I play it when I haven't got anything else on my mind,or to simply listen to the music in the sound toom.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:07 am

The good Advance Wars games don't have sound rooms.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:55 am

Linkman wrote:The good Advance Wars games don't have sound rooms.
That's because the only good Game Boy Wars Advance Games were on the Game Boy/Colour

BATTLE CAR BATTLE CAR

Speaking of which, I saw Juigi commenting on a YouTube video for Rock Band 2, calling it "crumpets hero". I just called him a moany arse and told him to go back to his blog and moan about how his life was ruined since the removal of the battle car.

And if I could remember which video is was on, I'd show you.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Halo Capella

Post by Halo Capella » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:00 am

Greetings to you too, eggy-san. X3

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:45 am

Shifty: Brilliant.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:17 am

What Linky said, by about a lot.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

McTool

Post by McTool » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Shift Breaker wrote:
Linkman wrote:The good Advance Wars games don't have sound rooms.
That's because the only good Game Boy Wars Advance Games were on the Game Boy/Colour

BATTLE CAR BATTLE CAR

Speaking of which, I saw Juigi commenting on a YouTube video for Rock Band 2, calling it "crumpets hero". I just called him a moany arse and told him to go back to his blog and moan about how his life was ruined since the removal of the battle car.

And if I could remember which video is was on, I'd show you.
Doesn't YouTube keep a pseudo-record of comments?
Make good choices

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm

WhiteyMcTool wrote:Doesn't YouTube keep a pseudo-record of comments?
I think it's a record of comments of yours that people have replied to rather than comments you have made.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

The Saffron Emperor

Post by The Saffron Emperor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 am

So I can't bash Bog but people earned dividends on bashing Juigi. Hypocrits.

And wow. Some of the jokes Deoxy pulled were pretty *face_palm*-worthy. Glad to see WWN has such a biting wit.
--
Haha! They call me "Saffron."

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:41 am

The Saffron Emperor wrote:So I can't bash Bog but people earned dividends on bashing Juigi. Hypocrits.
Bog's cool, Juigi's not.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:07 am

Linkman wrote:Bog's cool, Juigi's not.
There is one out of those two statements wrong.

And I don't think Juigi's cool.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:45 am

I look at the first post and I can only shake my head at how much things have changed.
What can change the nature of a man?

Tronn_Bonne

Post by Tronn_Bonne » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:09 am

Ah the old days...
"I wish my PS1 wasn't dead. Talking to you makes me wanna go play Megaman Legends again." - JuggerV2
“Tronn wins an internet. Or all the Koal quotes that ever existed.. You decide.” - Guesty

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 am

Kanzer wrote:
Linkman wrote:Bog's cool, Juigi's not.
There is one out of those two statements wrong.

And I don't think Juigi's cool.
Um yeah, all of you insist on having it out for bog, and while he can be a tad stubborn at times, he's a pretty nice guy and I don't think he deserves the kind of abuse you people give him. Same with RS.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:53 am

RS and Bog are both fine, really. Bog can just be stubborn and RS has a knack for saying the wrong thing.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:29 am

Looking back, I had some very harsh outbursts yesterday.

I don't know what triggered them, but god damn I'm going to apologize.

Sorry guys. Hope I didn't offend you much.

Tronn_Bonne

Post by Tronn_Bonne » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:11 am

I was extremely offended Kanzer :cry:
"I wish my PS1 wasn't dead. Talking to you makes me wanna go play Megaman Legends again." - JuggerV2
“Tronn wins an internet. Or all the Koal quotes that ever existed.. You decide.” - Guesty

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:18 am

uh u

I thought I made things clear last night at Tonny's

Nembras

Post by Nembras » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:01 am

You tell'em, Linky. I'm behind you all the way. And who's Juigi, again?
"Screw the girlfriend! Well, not literally... well, maybe literally, but more importantly, metaphorically!" - PK, Master of Metaphors
I sig'd Kilty's comeback! (<- click here)

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:23 am

Who what where when why

My name is being mentioned in a topic I haven't even posted in. Great.

The Saffron Emperor

Post by The Saffron Emperor » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:19 pm

and may your name live on
--
Haha! They call me "Saffron."

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:04 pm

did anybody actually go to WCF and play that game he was talking about because I sure didn't

he made the same topic at AWN and got no posts at all

poor eggy
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:16 pm

So what's actually going to happen to WC now? I wouldn't be surprised if they shut up shop permanently, especially with all the media attention.