Moral logic

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Dragonite

Moral logic

Post by Dragonite » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:15 am

Did you ever have an instance where even playing a game felt bad,because you linked it back to cold moral logic that somebody has to pay the price for your fun?
Indirect,but still,it kind of bites you sometimes.

That eating meat is a crime as well because you do not REALLY need it,and it is not PERFECTLY fair,and you are ALWAYS being slightly selfish?

I had such a feeling today,it creeps me out.

What do you guys think about such thoughts?

I am kind of depressed today,while I was all bouncy in the weekend,so I am problamy having teenager moodswings again,but still.

Shift Breaker

Re: Moral logic

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:28 am

Nope.

Also, on the subject of random teenage modswings, what age do they tend to kick in?

'cos being 17 and not having one of those "Euuuuurgh" days without a good reason behind it is quite weird.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 am

I had weirder mood swings than most, because I'm Bipolar II, but I'd say they really kicked in sophomore year (so 15). You're just special (and lucky as hell), Shifty.
Make good choices

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:40 am

I've had a few emo days over the past few years, myself.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:41 am

The closest thing I've had to an emo moment is when I thought "Crawling" was a pretty catchy song.
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:26 am

Well, I think that pretty much settles it, then.

We all want to be Shifty.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:50 am

Well, I'm pretty much uncaring, so I don't get too many moments where I think doing something is wrong.

Of course, that's the optimist in me talking. I have a regretful moment, like, every couple'a minutes.

Of course, I quickly slam my head into the wall and move on...
Hooded_Miracle wrote:It needs some 'The Devil went down to Georgia,' because I'm pretty sure the devil doesn't like Georgia. >_>
Shift Breaker wrote:No, you're thinking of the Russians.

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:51 am

My emotions are perfectly described by the song The Optimist, by Emma Pollock. Give it a listen.
Make good choices

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 am

I never had random mood swings until I moved into college. >_>
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:06 am

Random mood swings are merely a product of mass media. Unless you got hormonal problems.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:14 am

What are you talking about.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:40 am

Yeah you're the guy that doesn't believe in depression either. >_>

All I know is that one moment I'm feeling top of the world, and the next moment I want to get as far away from here as possible.

It's not random in the sense that there's something causing those feelings and it's name is college, but it IS random in the sense that nothing in particular causes the shift from happy to depressed.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:05 pm

It does happen, one can even argue it's biologically factual for it to happen. I was just thinking about how kids try to act like teenagers based on their (media-engineered) conception of adolescence rather than actual hormonal changes.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:29 pm

Leave it to WWN to derail it from the original topic.

I approve. Carry on.
What can change the nature of a man?

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:52 am

Well,it IS part of puberty.

Something complicated about your brain developing itself to adolescence,and that causes mood swings.
But I always had moodswings.

I tend to be really optimistic,but at times,I am downright totally depressed.Like you are never going to be happy again.

It lasted a whole summer in 2005,but that was also because I was totally tired from school.
That was the most horrible time of my life.

It also happened while I was a kid at times.
But that was never to long.

I tend to think much about complicated things,which causes it.

Strangely,I almost never get angry.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:13 am

More Bragging:

I like to think of myself as an optimapathist. As in, when I'm not stupidly happy, I couldn't care less about depression, so I sort of...Get akward.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:28 am

What does that mean?

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:01 am

That he doesn't get depressed, just kind of ignores everything.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 am

Pretty much. I get easily distracted.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:20 am

i let out my emotions playing a children's war game

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:28 am

called life
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:58 am

I still got First Turn Advantage, though.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:49 am

fta ftw

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:59 am

It's proven by Gipface to be better than FTA anyway.
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:52 am

Colin is broken.
Andy is not.
Go figure.

Sirdangolot5

Post by Sirdangolot5 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:39 am

dragonite wrote:That eating meat is a crime as well because you do not REALLY need it,and it is not PERFECTLY fair,and you are ALWAYS being slightly selfish?
I had one of those moments. And then went vegetarian.
It was pretty spontaneous, too. My dad thought I was joking.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:17 am

You can always count an Dango to bump a topic that's three months old!
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:08 am

I liked Deoxy's post better when it was about Metal Slug.

And the answer is to just assume that the heroes are knocking their weapons away so they flee.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 am

This topic.

Well, last 2 months can be best discribed as a total black hole, and the worst part of my life up until now.
I totally was out there, lost within myself.
That opening post was around in the beginning time, when I was still kind of normal, but it already existed by then.

Sirdangolot5

Post by Sirdangolot5 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:43 am

Unakau wrote:You can always count an Dango to bump a topic that's three months old!
Damn it. I didn't see that. It was like the 5th one on the page.

Isn't that the first thing I ever did?

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:54 pm

sirdangleNUTS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Did you lower your standards or something like that? Gets worse every time.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:02 am

Unakau wrote:You can always count an Dango to bump a topic that's three months old!
He does it alot. Gets kinda annoying.

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:34 am

Linkman wrote:Did you lower your standards or something like that? Gets worse every time.
i'd been saving that one :(

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:48 am

It kinda fell in the ''bad pun'' department.

Sirdangolot5

Post by Sirdangolot5 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Sven wrote:sirdangleNUTS HAHAHAHAHAHA
Sven wrote:
Linkman wrote:Did you lower your standards or something like that? Gets worse every time.
i'd been saving that one :(
LAST SUMMER
Sven wrote:
terragent: god damn it, don't I get to make an amazing literary reference somewhere?
sirdanglenuts: bach sucks
terragent: pass highschool, then we talk buddy
sirdanglenuts: but im only 12
terragent: learn more fool

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:53 pm

OSNAP GET RAPED SVEN

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:59 am

OH SNAP SOMEONE CAUGHT ME RECYCLING CONTENT

Sapphire_Flame

Post by Sapphire_Flame » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:33 am

I'm just going to go ahead and ignore the last posts in this topic since they're random as hell and just respond to the original post.
Did you ever have an instance where even playing a game felt bad,because you linked it back to cold moral logic that somebody has to pay the price for your fun?
Indirect,but still,it kind of bites you sometimes.
Not really, they're nothing more than electronic data. Maybe only briefly
That eating meat is a crime as well because you do not REALLY need it,and it is not PERFECTLY fair,and you are ALWAYS being slightly selfish?
I justify it with this: The cows (chickens, pigs, etc. ) wouldn't be born if it weren't for the farming industry anyways. If everyone was vegetarian, those cows would probably be killed because they can't just be released to the wild or anything. So both their birth AND death are thanks to us.
I had such a feeling today,it creeps me out.

What do you guys think about such thoughts?

I am kind of depressed today,while I was all bouncy in the weekend,so I am problamy having teenager moodswings again,but still.
Hormones, man. Just don't sweat it and it'll pass and you can go back to blowing up nameless goons in your favorite video game while eating burgers.