Okay, this is weird.

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Blame Game

Re: Okay, this is weird.

Post by Blame Game » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:37 pm

typing with no punctuation works because when you actually use punctuation everyone knows you're being serious.

it's difficult to convey things like sarcasm and whatnot on the internet so it's effective communication to substitute that with something else.

if anything all the bandwagon-jumpers who "copied" deoxy/sven are more versatile, intelligent and handsome than the rest of the simple-minded people who think there should only be one way to type. there's a difference between limping around like an idiot and I dunno, walking around with a really cool pimp cane or something.

Treed

Post by Treed » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:17 pm

More handsome?

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:04 pm

...Yeah? >_>

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:52 pm

MAN wrote:Um, as an actual computer programmer, I can assure you that we don't have any truck with the old Unnecessary Capitals. Unless we're writing Java.
You are not an actual programmer. You are an actual Computer Science student.
MAN wrote:No, Java's just particularly guilty of capital spam.
Capital language it, is. Quite.
dragonite wrote:French is haunted by putting a é of something like that on about anything.
I recall French being rather consistent with é. It was the other accents that could be a bother.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:53 pm

Lol Una thinks he's funny.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:55 am

Alecat wrote:
MAN wrote:No, Java's just particularly guilty of capital spam.
Capital language it, is. Quite.
Boo!
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:12 am

Rexi wrote:Lol Una thinks he's funny.
Don't be a fudge troll, Bog.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:16 am

I'm doing you a favour in trying to make you seem less dumb, and all I get is that. Great.

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:41 am

who needs brains when you have beauty

edit: and brains

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:53 am

Guys, I could care less if you post with punctuation or not. But really, it's not really saving any time (you only refrain from using periods and capitals), so I must assume you're doing it because of how it looks. At least to me, it looks stupid. But if you like it, it's your post, not mine.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:25 am

At the end of the day, I also hold that view. It works with Sven because he has that... style, and it's actually funny.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:44 am

For me, it works like this.

No punctuation = Sarcasm
All Caps = Sarcasm
Bold Text = Sarcasm
Italicised Text = Sarcasm
Underlined Text = Pointing out sarcasm.
All of the above = An impression of XBox Live.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:43 am

Shift is gay!

Like that Shifty? I'm pointing out sarcasm! ^^

*bang Bog's and Una's heads together*

Now shut up about some gone damn punctuations I don't give a **** about!! :evil:

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:47 am

i dunno man the shift key is pretty awesome
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:35 am

why is everyone secretly critiquing and giving me reasons for typing like this

let me spoil it for you

i honestly am too lazy to HiT ThE ShiFT KEy A LOT So ThAt My PoSTS WORK.

seriously people, i swear

also periods are just random

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:39 am

Commas are worse.

It's, even, stranger, whe,n, peo,ple, ha,ve, c,o,m,m,a, p,,r,,o,b,l,e,m,s,,,,,,,,
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Nembras

Post by Nembras » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:13 pm

x0_000 wrote:i dunno man the shift key is pretty awesome
I read this as "I dunno, man the shift key, it's pretty awesome" and pictured a space shift with a shift key instead of a turret and then they got into an ambush and everyone's yelling "man the shift key!"

so yeah...
"Screw the girlfriend! Well, not literally... well, maybe literally, but more importantly, metaphorically!" - PK, Master of Metaphors
I sig'd Kilty's comeback! (<- click here)

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:46 pm

war is serious business young man
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:39 am

Sven wrote:why is everyone secretly critiquing and giving me reasons for typing like this

let me spoil it for you

i honestly am too lazy to HiT ThE ShiFT KEy A LOT So ThAt My PoSTS WORK.

seriously people, i swear

also periods are just random
See, that's actually funny.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:20 pm

bog

just

stop

i will no longer acknowledge your existence on wwn

just to stop me from losing so much hair (it's clogging up my keyboard)

so like

bye i guess

edit: foe'd

i think that this is really for the best

the forum will no longer have to endure us clashing for no reason whatsoever

just some last words

grow

up

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Linky

Post by Linky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 pm

I think I was out of line in this topic. You guys are free to type however you want. I'm sorry for the attitude.

Oh and bog-una, chillax.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Una, you're just making an idiot of yourself. Please do yourself a favour and stop.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:27 pm

These boards do have an ignore function you know. :?
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:18 pm

Xenesis wrote:These boards do have an ignore function you know. :?
that's exactly what i'm doing

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 pm

MAN wrote:Una, you're just making an idiot of yourself. Please do yourself a favour and stop.
my reaction might seem more butthurt and idiotic than it actually is

but really

i just don't want to have these ridiculous conversations anymore

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:54 pm

Then don't. Have you ever heard of not posting?

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:52 am

Two won't argue when one doesn't want.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:29 am

Victory! (j/k)

I would do the same, but he does occasionally say some mildly intelligent things. We are carbon-copies of each other, IE, insane amounts of attitude and stubbornness, and two people with those same aspects in the same room does not equal good.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:54 am

Rexi wrote:Victory! (j/k)

I would do the same, but he does occasionally say some mildly intelligent things. We are carbon-copies of each other, IE, insane amounts of attitude and stubbornness, and two people with those same aspects in the same room does not equal good.
Exactly.

Nothing against you at all, Bog. You can be funny and smart, but when you say things like "stop imitating sven for you it does the opposite etc." and "lol una thinks he's funny" I honestly just don't want to hear it.

Also, I found it incredibly retarded how before my "ignore bog" post the argument was identified as an Una-Bog argument despite me not doing anything for a while. And it wasn't just me.

Oh, and Terr and Hans? I really, really don't care for your responses to my posts right there. I sure hope that you misinterpreted my action, because if you didn't then that's pretty sad.

Done. See ya, Bog. PM me or something if you wanna talk to me for any reason. You're a good kid who just rubs me the wrong way. I wish I was more clear about the whole "grow up" thing in my last post, but I was short on time. Basically, you're young and you'll keep getting more mature, and one of these days I'll probably decide to un-ignore you.

Peace, all. This isn't a flame thing in any way, and it looks like Bog understands perfectly where I'm coming from.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:00 am

Yes.

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:26 am

^ you're retarded.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:41 am

At least I'm not normal. That'd be boring.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:23 am

Uh, well guys, ladybirds away, we should lock this topic down so they don't choose to invade Bogger's anymore.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:37 am

maggot

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 am

It's amazing how just about any topic, no matter how innocuous, can end up in an argument. You never cease to amaze me, WWN.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis