Ew, Halloween

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Halo Capella

Re: Ew, Halloween

Post by Halo Capella » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:56 pm

How come you have two buildings and one person? I guess you have a friend with you, eh? If not, you should've been the Empire State Building or The Sears Tower.

"Ah! the plane crashed on the state building! The building was too tough, the debris had fallen to the intersection! Long live the State Building!"

Ah, I do love buildings.

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Hooded_Miracle wrote:Well, it's a good thing you're not American, than. >_>
It's posts like these that make me want to get away from the forums for a while and maybe get a job so I can replace the desk I've been ever so promptly smashing my head into.
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 am

Question: Why do you Americans dress up as non-scary things for Halloween? IE, a duck.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:11 am

in all honesty it sounds like something that gerbil eliminator would do

the only problem that he would have is that he'd have trouble finding a box that he could fit into
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:29 am

Unakau wrote:in all honesty it sounds like something that gerbil eliminator would do
That's what I thought.

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 am

Deoxy wrote:I am referring to bog

halloween = best holiday ever (ever)
matter of fact the best quality of america is the fact they think halloween is the bee's knees
kids even get a half-day on it
a half-day

as in
getting out
when only half the day is done
so they can enjoy it even more

you evil monster bog
Our state didn't get a half day on it. Lucky bastards.
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:20 am

You normally have HALF DAYS???? Wtf?

If you normally get days off on Halloween you should get Valentine's Day off. That's just plain ridiculous.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:24 am

I find that somewhat AWESOME
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 am

Plain silly if you ask me.

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 am

No, really, who gets half days on Halloween? I've never heard of that.
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Sniffit II

Post by Sniffit II » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Erm... Wow, festivals are lost on villages.
i don't know what a bishop ninja is but if it can still move diagonal without being seen it's got my vote - Pkdragon

FEAR ME, FEAR THE FIRE THAT BURNS IN MY BALLS, VERIDIAN FOREST! - Dragonite

Vote Sniffit for Space Dictator.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:09 am

I've never had a single half-day on Halloween.

The day before Thanksgiving, yes, but that's the only one.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:22 am

My college gives us no days off in fall semester until Thanksgiving. No half days, no cancellations, nothing.

So, uh, oneway, shut up. You get the Jewish High Holidays off, Columbus Day, all these wonderful things now.

AND THEY WILL ALL BE TAKEN AWAY SO RELISH IT WHILE YOU CAN
Make good choices

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:52 am

At my current college we get half days for no real reason. We're in class and the lecturer sometimes randomly goes "oki, half day, cya tomorrow!" It's awesome.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:21 am

Me an all science students get a day off in my Saint's day because he's the patron of cientists.

Nov 15th by the way. Day off gets moved when it's on weekend. Wicked awesome.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:16 pm

I half half days for 3 of my 5 days at school, because that's just the way it's timetabled for me.

Awesome.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:10 pm

WhiteyMcTool wrote:So, uh, oneway, shut up. You get the Jewish High Holidays off, Columbus Day, all these wonderful things now.
I don't really get Yom Kippur off. My mom makes me fast then, even though we don't go to temple ever.

Everything else...I can't really argue with.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Your father.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:33 am

Search your heart. You know it to be true.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:01 am

onewaystreet wrote:Your father.
Deoxy wrote:my god
If neither of you are going to decide, then I'll decide for you and put you in the naughty corners.

Good thing I live in a hexagonal house.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Gah, I'm all out of Star Wars...

Edit: I guess this makes Shifty's choice rather easy.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Let the Wookie win.