My word, I am awesome.

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

My word, I am awesome.

Post by Bog » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:47 am

Some of my coursework came back today, and I got a Distinction (Grade A) in everything. I totally surprised myself. I thought I really made a huge hash of it, but I only missed out on a couple of marks. :shock:

Terragent

Re: My word, I am awesome.

Post by Terragent » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:42 am

Over here a distinction is between 75 and 85%, but that's by the bye. Well done!

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:50 am

Thanks!

So what's after Distinction? It means perfect, if not, near-perfect here.

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Above that is 'high distinction'. It's not all like that, though. Obviously not all institutions grade that way. For my music theory exam last year you had to get above 92% (I think) to get a high distinction (which I did :D)

I did much better than I expected in the last semester, too. Distinctions in all four of my subjects. Sadly I skipped some assignments, otherwise I may have managed a couple of HDs.

Oh well

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:36 pm

i got

A in calc ii
A in american history
B in macroeconomics
B- in british literature

my best semester of high school

basically this means i'm getting into the colleges that i want

hell yes

high five bogsanners
Last edited by Joey Chicago on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:15 pm

A Calc Social Studies Band Jazz Band
A- Chem Stats English

bitches
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:06 pm

I'm content with passing everything and managing to stay alive each semester.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:15 pm

so am I, linky, which is why my last set of marks surprised me. And made me wish I put in just a little more effort

Atticus

Post by Atticus » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:00 am

Placeholder for posting grades. I should know be tomorrow.
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:14 am

Linkman wrote:I'm content with passing everything and managing to stay alive each semester.
My school attitude. ^ I passed everything on borderline. I never actually failed, though.

However, I am working hard at college and it shows. The thing with this is that I get to choose all of my subjects, and I'm not forced to do ones I don't care about, a-la school.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:48 am

Even in your favourite career, there are subjects you'll hate. Like fudge Statistics.

And for the ones I do like, I have to work my ass off to scrape a pass =/. But maybe I'm slow or something.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:01 am

Well, yeah. I'm really into computers but I fudge hate networking. It's comprised of just remembering random numbers and abbreviations. Nothing technical about it at all.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:08 am

Bogan B wrote:My word, I am awesome.
My, which do I believe?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:13 am

That's so last month.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:07 pm

I got an A in Intro to Philosophy, Western Civ, and Geography, and a B in MacroEcon, which was a hard class with a teacher that didn't know anything, so I really don't mind. All in all, not bad for my first semester of college, given that quite a few times in the semester I was convinced that it was pointless to care and I might as well just drop out now save myself the tuition.

Of course, given the economy's state, that would be suicide... Which is probably why I'm still enrolled right now. ^_^
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.