WWN's Topic of Happy Things and Unicorns

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
ThunderWalker

Re: WWN's Topic of Happy Things and Unicorns

Post by ThunderWalker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:45 am

Congratulations Xen!
My sig is a void.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:39 pm

Europe's getting AWDS on the Wii U this week. :o

Now if only I had an EU Wii U :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:45 am

Oh right, that's a thing. To bad the display is very meh for DS games, although AW won't care as much. So now we can all make savestates during combat mode :P

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:02 am

I may actually finish Brutal combat :p
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:20 am

To be honest it's more surviving the initial rush lasting about a minute or so abusing hyper repair that's difficult, the rest is just carefully picking the rest off while being careful healing. At least you can have fun with being reckless though..

AW4 is probably next, with defunct wifi to taunt Gip.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:53 pm

I quickly gave up combat mode when I figured it was terrible to play left-handed
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:52 pm

are you a lefty

this apparently makes you a god at actually playing AW because you can stylus left hand and use the face buttons with your right

source

the man himself

gippy

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:22 pm

HPD used to be that dude who would pussy out of every ladder match because it would lower his (admittedly 100% win) rating.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Linkman wrote:HPD used to be that dude who would pussy out of every ladder match because it would lower his (admittedly 100% win) rating.
that has nothing to do with it, what the hell
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:56 pm

This is a quick reminder of the fact you all used to be teens when AW was still the primary subject..

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:31 am

HPD wrote:
Linkman wrote:HPD used to be that dude who would pussy out of every ladder match because it would lower his (admittedly 100% win) rating.
that has nothing to do with it, what the hell
Still sour about the CCO contest thing :(.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:06 am

the year is 2004 and the average power level of a CCO created on WWN is worse than flak

seriously you guys never had to play with some of them in customwars oh my god so bad

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:02 am

WWN did not even exist until 2005, back then it was still a subcommunity on Gfaqs

But yeah, COs were probably terrible

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:01 am

Sven wrote:the year is 2004 and the average power level of a CCO created on WWN is worse than flak

seriously you guys never had to play with some of them in customwars oh my god so bad
Fear the sheer raw might of Edge, right?

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:04 am

we do not talk about edge

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:13 am

also in 2004 we figured Flak was a good CO

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:14 am

I've been here for nine years out of eleven, and I still feel I missed half of WWN's history whenever crazy AW stuff comes up.

....Flak a good CO? What. How. No.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:27 am

Some guy named Dark Knight Ferret won the CO Debate tournament back in '04 by posting epic rants about how Flak was a good CO. Everyone was suitably impressed.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:35 am

How did he ever beat Nell? His 2d2?( Which is probably debunked by modern luck knowledge)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:47 am

the only thing i seem to have saved of that memorable tournament are the results

Andy – crazyman2 <I>out in round 1</I>
Max – dredlord aka. MilesThirst <I>out in round 1</I>
Sami – Hachet Man <I>out in round 1</I>
Olaf – pillerofautumn <I>out in round 2</I>
Grit – familyguyman <i>out after 3rd place battle</i>
Colin – STARSHOT1120 <I>out in round 1</I>
Kanbei – pkdragon <I>forfeited in round 2</I>
Sonja – Alternator <I>out in round 2</I>
Sensei – Ababy <b>3rd place</b>
Eagle – Linkman 145 <I>out in round 1</I>
Drake – Claret <b>2nd place</b>
Jess – ZoraJolteon <I>disqualified in round 1</I>
Flak – Dark Knight Ferret <b><I>FIRST PLACE!</I></b>
Lash – dragon0085 <I>out in round 1</I>
Adder – LifeVirus7 <I>out in round 2</I>
Hawke – BondisBest <I>out in round 1</I>

Pk forfeited lol

even then he had no backbone

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:20 am

more like dork knight ferret
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:42 am

Dkferret was crystal guards baby bro wasn't he?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:56 am

Linkman wrote:Dkferret was crystal guards baby bro wasn't he?
yes, yes he was

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:29 am

Oh man I remember Custom Wars fondly. I actually migrated here from there iirc. I still have almost every funny paint picture posted there saved somewhere.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:56 am

the game's more interesting when every CO is powerful instead of slight variations of bland
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:58 pm

I was going to post Consistency Wars, but that seems to have ascended to the ether.

Have an Epoch instead.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Speaking of which, have you heard from CG, HPD?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Epoch is such a silly CO. Fun, though. I may be biased however. <_<

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:56 pm

robutt
wisdom

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:13 pm

I had completely forgotten about the scarf.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:36 am

DieselPheonix wrote:I was going to post Consistency Wars, but that seems to have ascended to the ether.
I have every Consistency Wars CO and CCO, as well as the blank template on my desktop PC.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:10 pm

HPD wrote:the only thing i seem to have saved of that memorable tournament are the results

Andy – crazyman2 <I>out in round 1</I>
Max – dredlord aka. MilesThirst <I>out in round 1</I>
Sami – Hachet Man <I>out in round 1</I>
Olaf – pillerofautumn <I>out in round 2</I>
Grit – familyguyman <i>out after 3rd place battle</i>
Colin – STARSHOT1120 <I>out in round 1</I>
Kanbei – pkdragon <I>forfeited in round 2</I>
Sonja – Alternator <I>out in round 2</I>
Sensei – Ababy <b>3rd place</b>
Eagle – Linkman 145 <I>out in round 1</I>
Drake – Claret <b>2nd place</b>
Jess – ZoraJolteon <I>disqualified in round 1</I>
Flak – Dark Knight Ferret <b><I>FIRST PLACE!</I></b>
Lash – dragon0085 <I>out in round 1</I>
Adder – LifeVirus7 <I>out in round 2</I>
Hawke – BondisBest <I>out in round 1</I>

Pk forfeited lol

even then he had no backbone
who you are calling no backbone

me vs you unit debate contest

i call defending neotanks as the best unit ever
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:13 am

inb4 man spam.

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:26 am

pkdragon do i need to get drunk again to school you in the art of advance wars

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:57 am

So uh, we had a huge storm last night and it seems to have temporarily fixed my internet.

I have no idea how, but Internet!

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:40 pm

Huge storms solve everything.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:08 pm

that's some dr. victor frankenstein crumpets
wisdom

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Turns out, three days. :(

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:13 pm

got a potential (probable) job at.. uh... my mom's work. but it's a legit job and i'm going to be working at least 30 hr/week and it even has benefits

so yeah, big yay here.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:17 am

Went to a concert: Serenity + Battle Beast + PowerWolf

Went mainly because of Battle Beast, but they were all fudge awesome. Blew my mind. I got Pyly's drumstick (he even signed it for me afterwards!) and also got a bass pick from PW, which I gave to my pal, who is a bigger fan of them. Took photos with Serenity (really nice dudes) and two of Battle Beast's members after the concert.

Best thing that's happened in a while, I'm gonna be so fudge destroyed tomorrow for work.

Oh right also got a new job.