WWN's Topic of Depressing Things and ANGST

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: WWN's Topic of Depressing Things and ANGST

Post by HPD » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Tell us if we can do anything for you.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:46 pm

i might not respond quickly, but i'll gladly help if i can
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:48 pm

^ What they all said.

For anyone that's curious about my situation, uni is still stressing me out quite a bit, my depression has led to a lack of motivation so getting work done by deadlines is not easy. My other half finally managed to talk me into going to see a doctor about it, appointment has been made for next week, somewhat dreading it. Outside of uni, in my last post I mentioned that my grandad was ill and that it was only a matter of time, his funeral was on wednesday. Not feeling too bad about it, we all knew it was coming, in a way it's somewhat a relief that it was peaceful and happened before the recently diagnosed dementia and alzheimers got too bad.
The user formerly known as St Johnston

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:54 am

I've been feeling a bit crumpets on the depression front recently too. Almost admitted myself to hospital over the weekend as I couldn't trust myself not to do something dumb. Must be something in the water.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:05 am

brexitwater :^)

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:09 am

I hope ML logs in again . He must have seen the first replies, but we can't help if you don't most more. :/

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:02 am

Bonesy wrote:brexitwater :^)
sorry where's your membership of a giant corporate undemocratic suprastate?

didn't think so fudge you

Narts

Post by Narts » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 am

Corporate undemocratic is an undeniably good thing though.

If only the suprastate was properly undemocratic.

Common people are little crumpets that don't deserve anything good. Democracy was a mistake.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:52 pm

daisy wrote:
Bonesy wrote:brexitwater :^)
sorry where's your membership of a giant corporate undemocratic suprastate?

didn't think so fudge you
That's what America is though.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:51 am

Xenesis wrote:That's what America is though.
There's a big difference between a federal republic and a scam suprastate held together by string.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:31 am

Dragonite wrote:I hope ML logs in again . He must have seen the first replies, but we can't help if you don't most more. :/
Sorry for not speaking earlier, I'm just doing absolutely crumpets. I've been suffering from insomnia or something recently and have found myself unable to sleep properly for almost 4 months. This has come paired with stress, and a lack of will to do anything or care. My grades have gone to crumpets, and I'm all out just doing horribly. I'm sinking deeper and I seem incapable of stopping that, my efforts to get going again all fail.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:34 am

MysteriousLad wrote:
Dragonite wrote:I hope ML logs in again . He must have seen the first replies, but we can't help if you don't most more. :/
Sorry for not speaking earlier, I'm just doing absolutely crumpets. I've been suffering from insomnia or something recently and have found myself unable to sleep properly for almost 4 months. This has come paired with stress, and a lack of will to do anything or care. My grades have gone to crumpets, and I'm all out just doing horribly. I'm sinking deeper and I seem incapable of stopping that, my efforts to get going again all fail.
Ah, that sucks. Maybe you should chat with Xenesis for a bit, he's very prone to insomnia too. And have you been going to the doctor or talking about it with your parents? It's important to realize you shouldn't hold yourself responsible for mental health issues(as they're often beyond your control). From the way you stated it the pressure wanting to get better is making things worse. You also moved not that long ago, which could be one of the causes.

Hexagon

Post by Hexagon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:44 am

maybe I'm overreacting, but that sounds like textbook depression

I'm with Draggy on talking with your folks and/or a doctor. Please seek whatever help you need.
Omnes adsint, quamvis dementi, quamvis nefasti

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:27 am

Sounds like what I'm going through, but more serious. I do strongly suggest talking to someone close to you about it, if you haven't already, and go see a doctor. Obviously everyone is different, but for me, even just phoning the doctor to make the appointment helped me feel a little better, because I knew it was a step in the right direction.

On that note, been on antidepressants for the past week, too early to say if they're actually helping or not, but on the plus side I haven't noticed any particular side effects yet either. Classes are now also finished for the year, so stress levels are reducing somewhat, although I do still have crumpets to do over christmas.

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:19 pm

oh right i was deathly ill a few weeks ago so had to call in and got fired over the phone :^)

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:51 am

I really doubt I'm depressed as despite lacking will to do stuff I'm still doing stuff, and having a med after me is the last thing I need right now.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Hexagon

Post by Hexagon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:28 am

you can be depressed and still do stuff in life. at least from my personal experience I kinda still had to force myself to go through the motions of life even if I was totally disinterested in doing so

you may not have full-blown depression, but that's not a reason not to go seek help if you feel like you need it. if you're not interested in meds, there's always therapy. if you're also not interested in therapy, at least talk with the people who care about you about what you're going through because they'll have more context for your life and will be able to provide more support than we probably will.
Omnes adsint, quamvis dementi, quamvis nefasti

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:11 am

A girl I knew from high school commited suicide last week out of the blue. Saw it being announced tuesday, and it depressed me for days. One of the nicest and cheeriest people I've met.

So yeah, I'm somewhat inclined to worry about people in my current mood. Even if it isn't textbook depression, what you told us doesn't sound very good.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:04 am

Lol my laptop screen broke again for the second time in 6 weeks or so(just the week before a test). Last time it had a weird red hue, now it´s blue and it flickers! To bad I really need my laptop for Statistics SPSS coursework. Although to be honest this kind of bad luck is starting to get funny. Will I reach the winter break with a passing grade and w/o nervous breakdown? Stay tuned.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:53 am

suicide is the feelgood hobby of all time
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:33 pm

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:03 am

so though i fortunately don't know any of the victims directly, i have numerous friends that do. not sure how many people have been paying attention to the oakland warehouse fire but it's all in all a really sad thing to have happened.

and the worst part was how preventable it all was. fudge
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:39 pm

amerikkka doesn't give a fudge about infrastructure upkeep
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:22 pm

So my Nan may have metastatised cancers.

I don't really need to say any more about this. :|
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:42 am

Been on antidepressants for about 6 weeks now. Initial impression is that when I feel down I no longer feel quite so crumpets, but my lack of motivation to do work for uni is still hanging around, and I think the pills are making me just feel apathetic towards things moreso than anything else. Was supposed to be working on my dissertation over christmas and have a small presentation to give next week, but I've barely even looked at it, so stress levels are likely to rise dramaticallyover the next few days. Currently still feeling complete apathy and procrastinating though, and am instead (re)watching Breaking Bad. I'm in the usual cycle: feel crumpets because I haven't done work -> not working because I feel crumpets -> repeat.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:41 pm

So I plunged my hand into 100ºC water today. I hurt a lot.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm

do you still have the hand
wisdom

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Yes.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 am

so there's that, at least
wisdom

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:49 am

And my internet has gone on a tantrum again. Hasn't been working stably for two days now.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:24 pm

How does one start being less hard on oneself?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:37 pm

anger at world affairs
wisdom

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:47 am

Good question Linky, if you ever find out the answer let the rest of us know.

Currently sleep deprived, stressed and overanalysing crumpets again. Also screwed up by forgetting to call my doctor earlier in the week so I now need to go a couple of days without my pills because I need to get the prescription renewed. Not that the pills seem to be doing much but that's also why I need to go see the doctor again.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:55 am

So far I just try not to think about it.

It works for periods of time, then it all fudge up and goes downhill for a while.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Narts

Post by Narts » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:35 am

Maybe you guys wouldn't be such depressed fudge if you shaved your heads and became Objectivists.

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:47 am

Got pretty much no sleep last night, got nothing that I was supposed to be doing today done, and am still overanalysing crumpets. The chances of the negative thoughts being true are very very slim, but there's always that tiny little "what if".

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:26 am

My nanna passed last night. :(

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:27 pm

My condolences, Xen. My best wishes to you and your family.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:55 am

that sucks. damn
wisdom

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Sorry for your loss :(