Official Bog Topic v3: Now with added OBJECTION and BRUM

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
daisy

Re: The Official Bog Topic

Post by daisy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:01 am

you know some times i really hate myself

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:02 am

so yeah not a drop for what 2-3 months and then back to this crumpets

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 pm

You're alright Bog?

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:04 am

But dude, your new place is awesome and so are you! I was smiling the entire time I saw the video. I like your voice and it was great seeing you smile by the end of it.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

bog2

Post by bog2 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah, sorry. Just stressed.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:14 pm

No problem man, just remember than a sad or frustrated post without any ellaboration might get some of the folks nervous. Take your time to chill whenever possible, now that you have a lawn to lie down on and do nothing.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 am

Sometimes I don't want to ellaborate.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:59 pm

I know the feeling, remember I did that for quite a while over the last year and a half. Just remember to come back when you're feeling better so we can relax a bit.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Fathers Day.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:37 pm

seeing stuff that isn't there =/

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:27 am

As in literally or metaphorically?

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 am

Literally. As in, I would be in my bed trying to sleep with the lights off but I'd see lights.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Doctors aren't doing anything about it, hoping it was just a temporary thing. However, yesterday I was on hold for a total of 4 hours which left me in a VERY bad mood. The hold music was Justin Bieber on loop. I was not surprised when I started having hallucinations. Might have screamed at a housemate for something really stupid, but seems to be okay now. =/

edit: I keep getting random... desires. Sometimes I see no point to anything, with life just one big chore with no reward, and see suicide as a legit way out. I'm fine now, but it does worry me with how strong they get...

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:02 am

Does music help you change your mood? I have a couple of playlists ready when I need to manipulate myself into a specific mood or escape from one.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 am

Yeah, learning how to manipulate your mood is a really, really good thing to do.

I've had to learn it as much as possible with stress, but it's always a good idea to have some planned relaxation or coping mechanisms be it music or activities.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm really bad at it. Music really affects my mood, but I tend to listen to whatever suits my mood, and not anything to change my mood. If I feel happy it's the Beatles, Hendrix, Black Keys, L7, etc. If I feel bleh it's KoRn, Slayer, NIN, Metallica, RATM, Marilyn Manson, etc.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Is there anything you listen to just to feel relaxed, rather than happy or sad? I recommend this. It's downtempo relaxy awesomeness. I listened to this song in particular constantly last summer when I was feeling meh and it always helped me zone out and forget my troubles for a bit.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:40 am

That's brilliant and makes me want to go to bed, which I'm about to do. I guess I find electronic stuff (Prodigy, Deadmau5) relaxing in a completely non-relaxy way, if that makes sense.

My issue is that I think in extremes at the moment. My brain is either boiling or frozen. If it's in-between it's because the quetiapine is kicking in and I'm feeling nothing.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:49 am

I've never really been all too that much into electronica, but that entire album is just pure downtempo relaxy gold.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Incoming rant.

The phone line for ESA is retarded and ran by complete cowboys who have no idea what they are doing. Every time I phone them I am presented with a fudge web of this. They ask me to create a memorable date and PIN number "for the first and only time" everything fudge time I ring them, and that's if I'm lucky to get that far because the robot occaisionally randomly dies and hangs up. If I am lucky enough to get through a fudge human being then I have to answer security questions and sometimes I fail that for no reason even though I give them the same fudge address/phone number/age/NI number ervery single fudge time, which means I have to ring back again and START THE fudge PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN. Once I pass the security questions, sometimes they don't have me on the system, and sometimes they do!

On Friday I was promised a phone call between 9-5. Did it come? Nope! I rang them yesterday (they don't work on weekends) to ask what the fudge they're playing at, they promised to ring before 4. Did it come? Nope! I rang up myself at 4:30 to ask wtf happened, and they said they were busy. I failed the questions again so didn't get anywhere. Throughout the whole call I could overhear laughter and joking in the background. Yes, clearly they are absolutely swimming in work.

When they don't have me on the system I get directed to the new claims department, who always say "sorry sir you've already made a claim" and get forwarded back to the fudge number i fudge called ffs.

I just got off the phone again, and they've promised to ring me back "before 1" as "a matter of urgency." Yes lets see how fudge urgent you are you bunch of fudge pricks. Hope the phone explodes and splatters your brains all over the fudge wall.

fyi i did actually apply for esa so their bs about not having me on the system is bollocks. i spent 2 hours on the fudge phone with them doing a form and even sent off payslips/birth certificate/passport/contracts etc.

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:07 pm

bog it's wicked cool that you love L7
"Unakau has nicked off. And there was much rejoicing."

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:27 pm

So underrated, although they kinda deserved to be forgotten about with their last album.

So I finally got through. Haven't got time to explain now, but it's working itself out.

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:28 pm

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:29 am

Hardcore Christians irritate me.

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:41 am

You and me both, brudda

Re: music, when I get into a real fit of depression I usually end up spinning The Delgados' Hate, which is my favorite record ever (come at me, The Great Eastern fans), followed by STS9's Artifact. I understand 100% the use of music to influence mood; I remember spinning a lot of NIN in high school/early college to manipulate it and found that angry-at-the-world music helped focus my energy away from depression. I also found that it ended up making me depressed more often than just crying it out to some gloomy indie rock once in a while. So dunno man.
Make good choices

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:57 am

I'm kinda trying to shy away from I HATE THE WORLD crumpets cos it's a bit... teenagey. Later NIN is a lot deeper I find.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:13 am

daisy wrote:Hardcore Christians irritate me.
2005 unakau's brain is fudge right now

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:15 am

I have no idea what you're talking about.

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:17 am

Also, college welcome day today. Was brilliant. Met fellow students and tutors, taster class, free pizza and the live band was actually pretty good. I love acoustic stuff.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:29 am

my name on this site used to be unakau

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:03 am

Sounds great Bog. Since the college is in reading, how far do you have to travel each day?

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:23 am

Dragonite wrote:Sounds great Bog. Since the college is in reading, how far do you have to travel each day?
15 minutes walk, 10 if I'm in a rush.

Now you can work out where I live and get my location down to about half a square mile.
Joey wrote:my name on this site used to be unakau
I know. I just have no idea what you're referencing.

(sarcasm)

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:49 am

- Reconciled with mother
- Welfare has left me alone for the past month
- Complaint letter sent off, cos I had a £109 phone bill thanks to be being on old for ages, but that's getting sorted
- Going away for 11 days in the middle of August to volunteer, will be great to get out of crumpets Reading
- Dyed my hair red and shaved half my beard (Sorry Treed, I still have facial hair tho)

Enkuro

Post by Enkuro » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 am

Keep at it! Change of hair is a change of LIFE
" No... It was indeed not a dream. We really did it. The King of All Cosmos has really done it. A sky full of stars... We broke it. Yes, We were naughty. Completely naughty. So, so very sorry. But just between you and Us, It felt quite good. ♥ "

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 am

Driving lessons booked. For the UK guys, if a motorway is ever closed, I apologise in advance because it's probably my fault.

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:01 am

Two days in hospital, possible kidney failure. Not doing great. Very, very sick. Pain. Tears.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:12 pm

What happened to you?
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 pm

See above for what happened.

Waiting for test results, due any time now. Generally feeling a lot better psysically now though. No longer feeling like death incarnate, able to survive without painkillers. Sense of temperature seems to be verging on realistic. Still almost no appetite whatsoever. Lost almost a stone.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:12 am

So still losing weight like anything, and going away probably didn't help. Appetite slowly returning however. Tests results were inconclusive so having more on Monday. No longer feel sick unless I misjudge what remains of my appetite.

In other news, the DWP are fudge pricks, sending me "we need a new sick certificate" with 2 working days notice. fudge bastards I hope they die. I've got one after an "emergency" GP appointment, but still. Every time they enter into my life the violent dreams come back, and I'm sure that's not a coincidence.

I hate them all.

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:48 am

End of first week at college.

I love it. It's wonderful. My brain is being used and it feels fantastic. I feel so much more motivated than I ever felt at work.