WWN goes to the gym

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Sven

Re: WWN goes to the gym

Post by Sven » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:22 am

went out today for the run. was ok. probably closer to 4k than 5.

how the fudge do people exercise at 30+ Celsius?!?! ya'll are fudge crazy. fudge this crumpets i'm doing it late nights/early mornings from now on, crumpets too hot for my poor canadian self.

Wednesday 6:00 PM
Partly Cloudy
26°C | 79°F
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 39%
Wind: 32 km/h

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:54 am

I can't run with anything below 15°C. So we're even!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:12 am

Another run. Maybe 4k?

I keep going as far as I can when I start, and then it's quick on/off spurts for the rest of it. I'm not disciplined enough to do it this way. Gonna restart some part of couch to 5k and follow it until I can run 5k straight, probably week 3-4.

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:30 am

going up to cottage til monday

probably won't do structured exercise, probably a hike or two though.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:53 am

cottage trip was a really cool wakeup call.

a lot of my friends are very athletic. very very very athletic. at cottage mealtimes i'd end up eating basically the same portions they would and it felt completely natural to me to eat that much. obviously, this is a bad thing. they do MMA, marathons, triathlons, etc, with 15+ training hours per week. i do some casual running at best. there's no way we should be eating the same amount of food.

i'm sure a more disciplined, perfect version of me could retool their eating habits and just eat 2/3s of what i normally do and add more vegetable filler if i was still hungry. that would probably be a pretty reasonable thing to do. and I am going to try it.

but i also know that a lot could be gained by having an actual reason to train. dunno what it'll be, but i'll have to find something that actually excites me.
---
very short run today because my head decided it wanted to explode every time my feet hit the pavement ._.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:33 am

do you even lift

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 am

>that feel when you aren't the least fit person in a pickup game of soccer.

yeeeeeeeee

also my legs are gonna be little bitches tomorrow because i hopped a fence.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:28 pm

First day I'm not feeling like congealed illness so I actually can exercise again.

Did pretty well! Gonna be sore tomorrow though!
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:30 pm

officially an old man

4 days later and my ankle still bugs me

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:26 am

my ankle finally healed up.

ran a bit today.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:03 am

You're a god damned hero, Sven.

*hasn't exercised since May*
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh