Australians, seriously what the hell have you done

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
daisy

Australians, seriously what the hell have you done

Post by daisy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:39 pm

A climate change denier. Seriously. :|

Dragonite

Re: Australians, seriously what the hell have you done

Post by Dragonite » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 am

And they don't even have a crisis. Yeah, there are reasons to be cynical about democracy..

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:34 am

I was at the polling station, but they didn't allow me to vote :(
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:30 am

Trust me, we're embarrassed too.

I can't say I voted for George W Bush either.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh, you guys talking about embarrasing government, how cute.

Cry me a river.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:36 am

If you insist.

[youtube]DksSPZTZES0[/youtube]
Make good choices

daisy

Post by daisy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:30 am

Kanzer wrote:Oh, you guys talking about embarrasing government, how cute.

Cry me a river.
To be fair Kanz, isn't it more Germany and Merkel's ridiculous bailout demands?

EDIT: oh you have a "christian" "democratic" conversative in power. I see.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:17 pm

I dunno, our Prime Minister has now just decided that science is no longer a thing that exists.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm

He does look like your stereotypical lawful evil politican out of a movie in the pictures I'm seeing.

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:29 am

This guy actually GOT VOTES.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:50 pm

daisy wrote:EDIT: oh you have a "christian" "democratic" conversative in power. I see.
Oh, like that's even what I'm referring to. If only their political views were the worst we can expect from them. We are governed by absolute corrupts that have shielded themselves from justice within an absolute majority and are lterally doing whatever the fudge they want. The concept of resignation is nonexistant, be it due to political/legal/economical scandal or anything else. If you pleople have heard things are going bad for us, you haven't even heard the worst of it (and things are not looking up, nor will they anytime soon). Also, they embarrass the country more than I could have thought possible.

[youtube]hhJt3Tzjy8I[/youtube]

There are dubstep remixes from the thing and everything.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:41 am

Now that I've cooled down and am not incredibly furious about the developments of our own government, I will say that I'm not trying to downplay the corruption endemic in your government and the problems it causes for everyone.

I'm just frustrated that we've elected our own George W Bush and that his policies will likely render me unemployable for the next electoral cycle, as well as the incredibly rapid regression on social progress that has been achieved in the last decade.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:58 pm

I'd be a lot more sanguine about our new government if they weren't taking every opportunity to remind us of just how stupid some (and I must stress only some - they're not a complete circus) of their policies are.

Now they're not corrupt, or at least not personally corrupt (their party has only stopped taking money from the tobacco industry in the last six months), but they're still ideologically driven and have gotten into power almost wholly on the strength of the other party's unpopularity rather than on their own merits, and that's never a good thing.

It's weird, really - I don't mind the Liberal party's principles that much and yet they're barely able to provide more than a handful of politicians I consider both competent and trustworthy. At the same time, I can readily think of a dozen Labor MPs and senators who've done fantastic work and yet the party itself is so obviously dysfunctional and toxic that half the time I think they'd be better off burning the whole thing to the ground and starting fresh with a new party. Maybe they could headhunt Turnbull while they're at it.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Terragent wrote:[...]they're still ideologically driven and have gotten into power almost wholly on the strength of the other party's unpopularity rather than on their own merits, and that's never a good thing.
Pretty much what happened here. The worst thing is, I fear they could even get relected, since the other major party is pretty much as unpopular and their current leader is not even considering resignation. I think everyone in the party that was involved in the previous governent's failure should just quit the fudge out and leave way for a fresh generation of people we're not already too wise to distrust yet.