WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
x0_000

Re: HTML5 and CSS1/2/3

Post by x0_000 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:36 am

CSS is used in forum skins, I think. Make one for WWN??? :o
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:53 pm

xibalba wrote:The front page (http://www.warsworldnews.com/) is html 4.01. The HTML looks horrifying so I guess it was made by Dreamweaver or something similar.
You're mean. :(

It was coded by four different people, and it's likely one of us used some sort of program, yes. The CSS was by Wuffy though.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:19 am

Few people use the front page nowadays, so it never really got updated aside from the comment systems. Ah, I remember the spam meltdown in 2007. >_>

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:56 pm

There's the eventual plan to update and replace the frontpage with Wordpress regardless.

I just need less horrifying stress and more energy slash enthusiasm.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:07 pm

All of the parts of the site I did in were actually hardcoded in notepad. No fancy tricks there :)

Wuffy did most of the groundwork though, way back when...

But yeah, the plan is to use WordPress as the template for the new site. Some of the work has been done in that regard but all of us are a bit too preoccupied to finish that project (and yes, it's been due for revision since 2007).

As for me, I can't put in any work until I finish travelling and am back home.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 am

Whenever they do announce a new AW game we'll get back to it.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:06 am

Notepad++ is my editor of choice. *programming wankery*

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:15 pm

xibalba wrote:I was thinking that there aren't many shrines for the AW series.
Well, AWN is officially dead, so yeah.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.