Why the HELL should I be caring about 9/11?

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:36 am

Quismod wrote:Obnoxious atheists who hate religion passionately without reason is as bad as fanatical Christians.
Which is why I'm agnostic.
Hooded_Miracle wrote:I seem to be doing this all wrong. >_>

I DO acknowledge this was a terrible day, yes. None of these people deserved to die, but a few people in my school forgot what day September 11th was all about.

That pissed me off more than enough to send me into a small rage. Not many people care about Pearl Harbour, Columbine or the war in Iraq compared to a school shooting like Virginia Tech that happened less than a year ago. I hate being sad at a new tragedy and than forgetting the old one.

Apparently, I've been going at this pretty badly. Maybe it's not to forget the bad things that have happened, but to try and make sure it never happens again.

Man, I come to realize something AFTER I get logic handed to me. It's not making me feel any better about the internet. >_>
So you admit to pulling a John Kerry? That's even worse than before. -10 respect points. You can't just take back what you said, and you said that YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DIED ON 9/11.
YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DIED
YOU DON'T CARE
YOU DON'T CARE

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:17 am

You know, I never really thought that changing your mind after being given solid evidence was a bad thing.

Not being able to admit stupidity is far, far worse.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:10 am

That joke just flew right over your head, didn't it.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:20 am

"Pulling a John Kerry" is just about the most retarded insult that I have ever heard. I'm sorry, but the fact that people still even use the word mudslinging tactic of all time bothers me.

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:28 am

FormicHiveQueen wrote:That joke just flew right over your head, didn't it.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:48 am

A horse walks into a bar with jump leads around its neck. Bartender says "I don't mind the long face, but don't start anything in here."
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:51 am

FormicHiveQueen wrote:
Quismod wrote:Obnoxious atheists who hate religion passionately without reason is as bad as fanatical Christians.
Which is why I'm agnostic.
Okay, it was a joke, but what you said right here isn't grounds to be agnostic instead of atheistic. Especially considering that not all atheists are obnoxious.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:02 am

What are Agnostics anyways? People who don't want to take a side?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:17 am

I AM Stupid.

I AM an Idiot.

I'm not someone to rely on when it comes to saying what he thinks.

I made a mistake, posting all this stuff. I have the policy of 'Say it first, think it through afterwards'. I really DO have to hear what other people say before I get my head straight. :/

I might be abnoxious, but I try to be someone who changes. Granted, it takes time, but I at least admit I'm a fool.

I take back what I said about all of this 9/11 stuff. I don't even think have the time when I use the internet. This WAS a tragedy, and this WAS a terrible event.

However, I STILL feel like there's a lot of clues missing as to what exactly happened. Not trying to change the subject, but I REALLY wish we had info that didn't lead to failure. -_-

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:25 am

Linkman wrote:What are Agnostics anyways? People who don't want to take a side?
Pretty much.
Okay, it was a joke, but what you said right here isn't grounds to be agnostic instead of atheistic. Especially considering that not all atheists are obnoxious.
Alright apparently the quiet and polite approach doesn't work with you, so let me put it bluntly: SHUT UP ALREADY! God you can be so damned annoying sometimes! You don't have to take everything I say in the most extreme context possible; for all you know I was simply implying that most athiests I meet are like that (which I was, but that's not the point). You of all people should know by now that I almost never post 100% seriously, and when I do (like right now) it's when I'm pissed off or in debate mode (just take a wild guess which one it is right now). Now if you have anything to actually add to this discussion, feel free to do so. If you're just here to flame me then I advise you to turn off the computer, leave your room, and do something productive with your time. I shouldn't have to constantly defend myself for making harmless jokes and jibes.
Hooded_Miracle wrote:I AM Stupid.

I AM an Idiot.

I'm not someone to rely on when it comes to saying what he thinks.

I made a mistake, posting all this stuff. I have the policy of 'Say it first, think it through afterwards'. I really DO have to hear what other people say before I get my head straight. :/

I might be abnoxious, but I try to be someone who changes. Granted, it takes time, but I at least admit I'm a fool.

I take back what I said about all of this 9/11 stuff. I don't even think have the time when I use the internet. This WAS a tragedy, and this WAS a terrible event.

However, I STILL feel like there's a lot of clues missing as to what exactly happened. Not trying to change the subject, but I REALLY wish we had info that didn't lead to failure. -_-
Dude, calm down and let it go. Just let it gogogogogogogogooooooooo. Besides, if you think you f***ed up you should see how I got banned from CW.

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:34 am

Was it 4chan? :/

I'm pretty sure it was 4chan.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:38 am

The Wars of Customness (if you get my meaning... the actual name gest VOCABULARY OVERLORD out).

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:40 am

Awww. I was gonna make fun of you for getting banned from 4chan. ):

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:50 am

Wait, you don't post seriously?

Holy crap. Oops.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:57 am

Unakau wrote:Wait, you don't post seriously?

Holy crap. Oops.
Doesn't exactly take Einstien to figure it out, genius.

Quismod

Post by Quismod » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:22 am

THIS TOPIC IS NOW ABOUT CATS

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:45 am

FormicHiveQueen wrote:
Unakau wrote:Wait, you don't post seriously?

Holy crap. Oops.
Doesn't exactly take Einstien to figure it out, genius.
You don't really show it very well. I have no idea when you are or aren't being serious, as little distinction is present.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:10 am

As I said, I'm only 100% serious when I'm either pissed off or in a real debate.

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:51 am

I almost always exaggerate my opinion here...I come off way to bold and naive for some, as an effect.
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

Quismod

Post by Quismod » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:56 am

when I'm either pissed off or in a real debate.
Sometimes we can't tell if you're pissed or not

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Pissed is when I start insulting someone or tell them to shut up.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:30 pm

I like the Bible. It defends the rights of Bald people.

Post by guest » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:44 pm

Haven't read the rest of the topic, but you, Hooded, are the most ignorant person I have ever seen.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:05 pm

guest wrote:Haven't read the rest of the topic, but you, Hooded, are the most ignorant person I have ever seen.
Dude shut up, he just worded it the wrong way.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:56 am

Ooh, Sass!
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:01 am

Quismod wrote:THIS TOPIC IS NOW ABOUT CATS
Your cat is teh cute.

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:27 am

PussyCATS is awesome.

Eh. Ignorance is bliss.

Post by guest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:44 pm

FormicHiveQueen wrote:
guest wrote:Haven't read the rest of the topic, but you, Hooded, are the most ignorant person I have ever seen.
Dude shut up, he just worded it the wrong way.
That's just an excuse to save his disrespected ass.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:39 pm

guest wrote:
FormicHiveQueen wrote: Dude shut up, he just worded it the wrong way.
And you, my friend, clearly don't understand the concept of "no one else cares, niether should you".

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:32 am

Dude, fudge all that. The CL starts today!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Mr. Tactical

Post by Mr. Tactical » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:21 am

FormicHiveQueen wrote:If you're just here to flame me then I advise you to turn off the computer, leave your room, and do something productive with your time.
Like masturbate. *giggles* What a funny word!
I can't say I'm vain enough to date the person in my avatar. - Xenesis on his avatar of himself

HEY MR T DO ME! - Pkdragon

Screw pictures in your sig! Join the "No-Pic Sig Nation"!

-Founder of the No-Pic Sig Nation-

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:00 am

guest wrote:
FormicHiveQueen wrote: Dude shut up, he just worded it the wrong way.
Bog, why are you getting involved and why haven't you properly left?

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:45 am

CL?

Post by guest » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:27 pm

Unakau wrote:
guest wrote: That's just an excuse to save his disrespected ass.
Bog, why are you getting involved and why haven't you properly left?
Whos bog?

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:57 am

Bog Bog Bog Bog Bog Bog Bog Bog

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:10 am

HAHAHAHA IN YOUR FACE CHELSEA!

Barca! Barca!

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:51 am

GEORGE BUSH POLITICAL TRANSFORM-O-BOT AM GO!

ATTACKATACKA *Saves Universe*

The President is a bad enough dude to save his own ass.

MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:16 pm

This might be the first time I've talked heavily about my political views to anyone. In any case, my 2 cents.

Panama. Guatemala. Ecuador. Iraq. Iran. Saudi Arabia. Afghanistan.

What do all these countries have in common? Oh yeah. America basically messed over all those countries for its own benefits (and that's just before the "War on Terror"). In many places, it supported or caused the overthrow of democratically elected leaders and installed dictatorships in their place.

Saddam Hussein? We put him in power. In fact, he used to be our good buddy. Would be still if he hadn't decided to follow his own agenda.

Osama Bin Laden? When he was fighting with us and not against us he was a "freedom fighter". We taught him half of what he knows.

More Americans die in Dallas every day than Iraq.

No one cares. Thank you, Minitruth.

For the current cost of the war in Iraq and the War on Terror, we could provide food, housing, and health insurance to almost the entire third world.

No one cares. Well done, Minipax.

More people die every month from smoking-related causes than died on 9/11, just in America. Also, EIGHT TIMES as many people die EVERY DAY worldwide from lack of food and shelter as died on 9/11.

No one. Cares. Good job, Miniplenty.

The Patriot Act defines a terrorist as "someone who seeks to coercively change government policy". It does not, however, provide a clear definition of coercive. You can be locked up forever without any rights at all because the FBI decided you were being coercive in your protesting of a government action.

NO ONE. CARES. Congratulations, Minilove.

If OPEC decides to change its official currency to the Euro instead of the Dollar, the US will be facing the worst depression EVER.

No one- Well, a few people care. They're all rich. Inner Party politics, I guess.

People who say America is the best country ever and can do no wrong need to read 1984.

People who say they love America, and that's why they want to reform it, need to read 1984.

People who say all forms of government are evil and should be done away with need to read 1984.

Shinko had one of the wisest comments of anyone in this thread.

As usual, no once cares.

But smile. Life's a bitch and then you die; enjoy it while it lasts. Spending time worrying about things that aren't going to change (or about questions you can't answer) is fun to debate, but only for a while.
Mr. Self Destruct wrote:That is one thing you can say about Nintendo: love them or hate them, you can't argue the fact that a Gamecube is a viable form of offensive weaponry. It's like a freaking mace.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:46 pm

Wow, I never thought I'd meet an extreme anti-American pessimist. Way to go, jackass. You just demonstrated to me a complete lack of understanding about anything going on in the US. NEXT!!!

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:13 am

... I read 1984. ;_;

Does that make me S-M-R-T smart, or does it make me someone to poke fun at? T_T