And here I was thinking that I couldn't find...

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:01 am

TI, just so that you know, Donny is talking about America. The bigotism problem is far worse over here than it is there.

DTK, yes it is.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:31 am

Looking back, this would have been better on ASDF.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:36 am

nerd-boy wrote:Second, you are correct, without catholics, there would not be any protestants. However, I am neither catholic or protestant. As a Baptist, my heritage is in the true church founded by Christ and the disciples.
*facepalm* Bapist is a branch of Protestantism, my God!

It's no wonder why so many people are turned away from Christianity.

User avatar
FormicHiveQueen
Location: Washington State, USA

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 am

TI, shut up. You don't know jack **** about America if you think religious fanatics like these people are a "minority". Maybe it is where you live, but here it's a pretty big problem.

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:16 am

FHQ, remember to tone it down a bit.

Whenever somebody goes full force around here, the topic is completely ruined.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

User avatar
thefalman
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: Humble Hero
Location: Bed.

Post by thefalman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 am

Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
Image
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

User avatar
onewaystreet
Rank: Pizza Craver
Location: Some sort of box, by the looks of it.

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:59 am

thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
Sig'd
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:26 am

Falmeister is my new God. :D

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:27 am

I wish I could send this straight to the Pool Room.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

User avatar
Hooded_Miracle
Rank: Hoodie with a Target

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:29 am

I didn't start this. >_>

I don't think.

I blame the girl who watches Code Lyoko.

I forgot her name.

ANYWAY, TO FORCE THIS BACK ON TOPIC.

What'dyou think will happen when they let people sign up again?:/

Quismod

Post by Quismod » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:31 am

FORUM INVASION AHAHAHAHA

User avatar
Hooded_Miracle
Rank: Hoodie with a Target

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:39 am

I thought we agreed to point and laugh. -_-

Seriously. It's more fun to watch people run into a wall then it is to tell them how to do it.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:49 am

But it's even funnier when they take your advice.

User avatar
donnytondesterkste
Rank: Platinum Dragon
Location: In your dreams

Post by donnytondesterkste » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:23 am

Ok TI, I think I did phrase it very strongly by using the word "fact". It should have been more like:

Based on my past experiences, the majority of Christians are as ignorant as those on the Teens 4 Christ forum.


Now please allow me to explain myself a bit on the significance of what I say.

By "Christian" I do mean a pretty specific definition of those who have actually accepted the words of the bible as a whole and believe that the bible is an authority and truth and is completely relevant today. So yes, I probably offended millions of non-fundamentalist rational Christians out there, but nearly all sects of Christianity do preach a narrow definition of Christianity, and that would be my own definition of what a "true Christian" is in the pragmatic sense.

Second, when I compare Christians to those on the forum, I'm being a little harsh in that I don't mean they're fluttering, idiotic teens who can never say anything coherent. As a matter of fact I would say that most Christians ARE intelligent and do quite well in the real world. However, my main point remains that the majority of Christians, in fact, DO NOT have a good understanding of things like evolution. After all, my "Christian" must accept the bible as an authority and therefore cannot come to reconciliation to the conflict between evolution and Genesis without serious theological and scientific compromises.

Also, I did make a mistake in throwing a number out, because it would seem like I actually have empirical understanding of the entire situation. But while there are PLENTY of people (and plenty of Christians) much smarter than me, of the number that I've been exposed to (which is in fact large enough to rule out an extreme environment on my part) I've found that it is the minority that can reason and have meaningful discussions on questions such as the ones that I bring up without spewing out apologetic arguments with no actual backing.

But I think you're in almost a same situation: I've found that many Christians are rather ignorant yet arrogant, and you've found that many atheists are rather ignorant yet arrogant. Since, being an atheist in a very Christian family, contact with actual rational skeptics is hard, so I haven't been able to meet lots of outspoken atheists. I do agree, however: there are a LOT of stupid atheists that make atheism look bad, just as you say that those teens make Christianity look bad.

However, I do consider your opinion very seriously, and I don't brush you off as "another ignorant Christian with no understanding of science and philosophy". I'm sure that you're a rational Christian who also shakes your head at raw stupidity and ignorance. Therefore, why can't you do the same for me, and rather than swat me off as "another arrogant teenage atheist", actually consider what I have to say and interpret it from my viewpoint, rather than being offended at it from yours?
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

User avatar
FormicHiveQueen
Location: Washington State, USA

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:44 am

Hooded_Miracle wrote:I didn't start this. >_>

I don't think.

I blame the girl who watches Code Lyoko.

I forgot her name.

ANYWAY, TO FORCE THIS BACK ON TOPIC.

What'dyou think will happen when they let people sign up again?:/

I'm pretty sure my email is visible in my profile. My name is in my email. It is not a girl name.

On topic, as soon as they open up the gates I'm going to use a tried and tested strategy of mine (and no, none of you have ever seen it).

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:46 pm

For the last time, don't do it.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Religion is stupid
Atheism is stupid
Buddhism is where it's at

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction

Post by Linkman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:14 am

thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
That's priceless.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

TheInspiration
Location: Nowhere of any interest.

Post by TheInspiration » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:39 am

donnyton wrote:Ok TI, I think I did phrase it very strongly by using the word "fact". It should have been more like:

Based on my past experiences, the majority of Christians are as ignorant as those on the Teens 4 Christ forum.


Now please allow me to explain myself a bit on the significance of what I say.

By "Christian" I do mean a pretty specific definition of those who have actually accepted the words of the bible as a whole and believe that the bible is an authority and truth and is completely relevant today. So yes, I probably offended millions of non-fundamentalist rational Christians out there, but nearly all sects of Christianity do preach a narrow definition of Christianity, and that would be my own definition of what a "true Christian" is in the pragmatic sense.

Second, when I compare Christians to those on the forum, I'm being a little harsh in that I don't mean they're fluttering, idiotic teens who can never say anything coherent. As a matter of fact I would say that most Christians ARE intelligent and do quite well in the real world. However, my main point remains that the majority of Christians, in fact, DO NOT have a good understanding of things like evolution. After all, my "Christian" must accept the bible as an authority and therefore cannot come to reconciliation to the conflict between evolution and Genesis without serious theological and scientific compromises.

Also, I did make a mistake in throwing a number out, because it would seem like I actually have empirical understanding of the entire situation. But while there are PLENTY of people (and plenty of Christians) much smarter than me, of the number that I've been exposed to (which is in fact large enough to rule out an extreme environment on my part) I've found that it is the minority that can reason and have meaningful discussions on questions such as the ones that I bring up without spewing out apologetic arguments with no actual backing.

But I think you're in almost a same situation: I've found that many Christians are rather ignorant yet arrogant, and you've found that many atheists are rather ignorant yet arrogant. Since, being an atheist in a very Christian family, contact with actual rational skeptics is hard, so I haven't been able to meet lots of outspoken atheists. I do agree, however: there are a LOT of stupid atheists that make atheism look bad, just as you say that those teens make Christianity look bad.

However, I do consider your opinion very seriously, and I don't brush you off as "another ignorant Christian with no understanding of science and philosophy". I'm sure that you're a rational Christian who also shakes your head at raw stupidity and ignorance. Therefore, why can't you do the same for me, and rather than swat me off as "another arrogant teenage atheist", actually consider what I have to say and interpret it from my viewpoint, rather than being offended at it from yours?
Thanks for that response Donnyton - it was really good and I agree with a lot of what you say. I apologise for being a bit harsh on you first time round - bad day in all honesty.

You're right in that a lot of Christians (and other religious folloers) don't quite understand evolution. I get the feeling they think of it too much as a crazy idea by this madman who didn't believe in it. As it stands, it's not - it's a rational scientific theory. Whether we actually evolved all the way from single-celled organisms without any intelligent mind is hardly the point, as it's still got credibility either way.

I didn't swat you off as "another arrogant teenage atheist" also - I knew you were very smart. It was merely the case of how much you would have known about the intelligence of Christians in this world, but I'm glad now you've told me you have spoken to quite a few and I don't doubt your honesty over your findings.

So yeah, it's probably fair to say I reacted the wrong way but I'm glad you made that post!

TheInspiration
Location: Nowhere of any interest.

Post by TheInspiration » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:42 am

FormicHiveQueen wrote:TI, shut up. You don't know jack **** about America if you think religious fanatics like these people are a "minority". Maybe it is where you live, but here it's a pretty big problem.
Okay, I admit I made a mistake but why so angry? I was merely making an argument and you attack me for not knowing about America's religious fanatics. I don't want to spark an argument with you but you don't have any right to start telling me to shut up like that. I also think you probably overreact a bit too much to these religious fanatics and instead don't laugh them off because I assume you know better than them. I can understand your anger at religious fanatics causing violence but not those who are just a bit dim.

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:14 am

tl;dr topic
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

User avatar
thefalman
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: Humble Hero
Location: Bed.

Post by thefalman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:40 am

But... you MADE the topic? >_>
Image
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:05 am

I assume he wasn't expecting it to end up as a pseudo-debate thread.

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:10 am

Since when did I ever read a debate, seriousy?

I expected a lot of mocking, Silly attempted invasions and surprise that I actually posted on HOIPE, let alone made a topic.

I don't read the rants and debates, I look at the short posts(Usually by only a few people, aka. Fally and his Ace post from a while ago) and giggle.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

User avatar
thefalman
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: Humble Hero
Location: Bed.

Post by thefalman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:19 am

That's a fair point I suppose.

Can't say I've been paying much attention to the actual 'debate' either.
Image
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:23 am

Remember that with us atheists, most of us are ironically holier-than-thou.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:54 am

I'm more of an...apatheist.

Fally, too.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

User avatar
onewaystreet
Rank: Pizza Craver
Location: Some sort of box, by the looks of it.

Post by onewaystreet » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:08 am

Shift Breaker wrote:Since when did I ever read a debate, seriousy?

I expected a lot of mocking, Silly attempted invasions and surprise that I actually posted on HOIPE, let alone made a topic.

I don't read the rants and debates, I look at the short posts(Usually by only a few people, aka. Fally and his Ace post from a while ago) and giggle.
If you read at least one long post in the topic, make it my colorful one.

I guarantee that will either garner a chuckle or a facepalm.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:11 am

Woo, Chuckle Palm!

EDIt: Oh, I saw that. Funny. It was when it got all serious when I stopped caring.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

User avatar
thefalman
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: Humble Hero
Location: Bed.

Post by thefalman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:17 am

Shift Breaker wrote:I'm more of an...apatheist.

Fally, too.
Apart from the fact that I do believe in some sort of God, yeah. ;)
Image
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:19 am

Hey, you know something's there, but you don't really CARE, do you?
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

User avatar
thefalman
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: Humble Hero
Location: Bed.

Post by thefalman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:03 am

Pretty much - any caring involved is certainly nowhere near as much as the members of said site.
Image
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

User avatar
Hooded_Miracle
Rank: Hoodie with a Target

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:30 am

I have a question. -_-

If God came to Earth, and no one believed him, would he still be God?

>_>

And, for that matter, I think Jesus was a ninja. Or a pirate. A ninja pirate would be epic. A PRINNY ninja pirate would convert me.

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:34 am

Jesus believed in love and peace.

He was obviously a Clanger.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

User avatar
thefalman
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: Humble Hero
Location: Bed.

Post by thefalman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:43 am

Image
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:13 am

Hooded_Miracle wrote:I have a question. -_-

If God came to Earth, and no one believed him, would he still be God?

>_>

And, for that matter, I think Jesus was a ninja. Or a pirate. A ninja pirate would be epic. A PRINNY ninja pirate would convert me.
Nonsense! He was obviously a l33t h4xx0r.

User avatar
donnytondesterkste
Rank: Platinum Dragon
Location: In your dreams

Post by donnytondesterkste » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:24 am

I always thought he was a time traveler from the future.

By then they would have learned how to walk on water and cure leprosy.
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

User avatar
FormicHiveQueen
Location: Washington State, USA

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:12 am

TheInspiration wrote:
FormicHiveQueen wrote:TI, shut up. You don't know jack **** about America if you think religious fanatics like these people are a "minority". Maybe it is where you live, but here it's a pretty big problem.
Okay, I admit I made a mistake but why so angry? I was merely making an argument and you attack me for not knowing about America's religious fanatics. I don't want to spark an argument with you but you don't have any right to start telling me to shut up like that. I also think you probably overreact a bit too much to these religious fanatics and instead don't laugh them off because I assume you know better than them. I can understand your anger at religious fanatics causing violence but not those who are just a bit dim.
Just your complete ignorance at the statement. I'm pretty well known for having a short fuse. Especially because I hate it when people do the same stuff I used to do more than a year ago (make arguements despite total ignorance). I think just me f***ing up is bad enough without a ton of other people doing the same thing. It's the same problem I have with religious fanatics. They make arguements against things they know nothing about, literally. I have a ton of personal reasons along with that that I'd rather not talk about publicly, but suffice it to say I am well justified in being angry with these fanatics.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:01 pm

donnyton wrote:I always thought he was a time traveler from the future.

By then they would have learned how to walk on water and cure leprosy.
A time machine? If God could devise one of those it would clearly explain everything (to a point, of course, but...hm...I don't know. Is speculation better than nothing...?). It's a shame we'll never know.

EDIT: Oh, look at me. I'm speaking crazy talk!

TheInspiration
Location: Nowhere of any interest.

Post by TheInspiration » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:13 am

FormicHiveQueen wrote:
TheInspiration wrote:Okay, I admit I made a mistake but why so angry? I was merely making an argument and you attack me for not knowing about America's religious fanatics. I don't want to spark an argument with you but you don't have any right to start telling me to shut up like that. I also think you probably overreact a bit too much to these religious fanatics and instead don't laugh them off because I assume you know better than them. I can understand your anger at religious fanatics causing violence but not those who are just a bit dim.
Just your complete ignorance at the statement. I'm pretty well known for having a short fuse. Especially because I hate it when people do the same stuff I used to do more than a year ago (make arguements despite total ignorance). I think just me f***ing up is bad enough without a ton of other people doing the same thing. It's the same problem I have with religious fanatics. They make arguements against things they know nothing about, literally. I have a ton of personal reasons along with that that I'd rather not talk about publicly, but suffice it to say I am well justified in being angry with these fanatics.
:lol:

Please, calm down. And that's coming from someone who can have a fairly short fuse also. You're attacking me completely unnecessarily. I make a response to a post and then you respond by telling me to shut up and that I know nothing about America. You're still calling me ignorant now. I never even mentioned America for goodness sake - I was arguing from my own personal experience and then you attack my ignorance because I don't know about a country I don't live in. How do you know religious fanatics aren't a minority anyway? America's a massive country with a huge population including a huge Christian population, so don't be surprised if there's lots of fanatics.

Anyway I respect that fact you don't want to talk about your personal reasons publicly, but your reaction to that forum was a bit over the top. I'm a Christian (hardly a fanatic, mind) and I still laughed at that forum.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Multivac [Bot] and 0 guests