Ok, America is SERIOUSLY pissing me off now

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:42 am

"Recruiting the ill-fated for "The War"
A legion of uneducated, bankrupt souls
With a lust for revenge, answering the call
From New Yorqatar to Califarabia

Desperation provides fertile ground for religious extremism
This glorious brainwashing where prejudice lies
Like a crouching tiger
Tormenting peasants till they erect an army
Under everyone's nose
In the end propaganda destroys their DNA, God help them

All that they envisioned of what things would come to be
Turned into a pink mist when they blew to smithereens
We are just a war army for Amerikhastan
When God versus god; the undoing of man

No rules of engagement, this enemy hides
Amongst women and children
And to beat violence, you must ignore the focus groups
You must send in the Mossad, turn off the BBC, CCN
And don't look back
Rest assured there'll be no more Middle Eastern crisis,hell!
There'll be no more Middle East!

These are your people Lady LIberty
Pull up your dress today
And tattooed is "property of The USA
A subsidiary of Halliburton"
Suprise!?
But a roaring lion is about to be unleashed on earth
Hey, Jihad Joe? Guess what? We're coming to get you!

All that you envision of what thigns will come to be
Turns into a death knell when you look behind the scenes
We are just a war away from Amerikhastan
When God versus god; the undoing of man
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:45 am

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:48 am

bog-bog wrote:If you are White Causcasion, you have British (IE, English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish) or European blood, even if it isn't direct. Fact.
Wrongo, bucko! Welsh is not the same as British, and that fact that you (a British person) don't even know that astounds me. By British, I do, of course, mean English, as they are exactly the same thing (whether you like it or not). I have no English ancestry, and niether do most white Americans. Most of us are German or Dutch.
Quite correct. America would analy rape Britain in a war.
Last edited by FormicHiveQueen on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:51 am

Wales, Scotland and England are all part of BRITAIN.

And the Germans did their fair share of conquering in the past mellenium.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:53 am

Scottland and Wales never wanted to be part of Britain, and therefore cannot be considered Brittish by blood. :P

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:55 am

Your edit: Actually, I doubt it. America has pissed off a lot of other countries in the past 10 years, including Russia, Iran, China, Korea and plenty of Allied countries. Invading the UK would be suicide. They might be able to conquer us initially, but they couldn't stand up to the rest of the world.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:56 am

But they are. And that's how it is. And that hundreds of years ago. Ireland didn't want to be, so it wasn't and isn't to this date. Officially, Wales and Scotland are part of Britian. End of. There's no debate in that.

By your logic, Vietnam didn't want democracy, therefore it shouldn't have it. Thus, you agree with me. :P
Last edited by Bog on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:59 am

bog-bog wrote:Your edit: Actually, I doubt it. America has pissed off a lot of other countries in the past 10 years, including Russia, Iran, China, Korea and plenty of Allied countries. Invading the UK would be suicide. They might be able to conquer us initially, but they couldn't stand up to the rest of the world.
Image*ahem* excuse me.

Uh, no. We're the economic power in the world. Severing ties with us would significantly impact the global economy. And besides that our military has a near global presence. We don't need to invade the rest of the world just to cripple it, and our military is large enough to and capable of crippling every other country in the world in a matter of weeks if not days.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:00 am

CHINA WILL RISE AND DEVOUR YOU ALL. IT WILL BECOME A BEAST AND OM NOM NOM NOM WILL BE THE SOUND OF YOUR DEATH.

*Salutes*
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:06 am

Uh, no. We're the economic power in the world.
Along with Japan, you mean. I would also like to make a reference to the Wall Street Crash of 1929, which was caused mostly by the Americans.
Severing ties with us would significantly impact the global economy.
So would severing ties with the UK, so why suggest that you could pwn us in a war when it would destroy global stability anyway?
And besides that our military has a near global presence.
Let's start a war!
Start a nuclear war!
At the gay bar, gay bar!
Kazow!

We don't need to invade the rest of the world just to cripple it, and our military is large enough to and capable of crippling every other country in the world in a matter of weeks if not days.
Eeeeexactly! Basically, you're just saying "America can, so it will". That gives it no reason to be damn hypocritical and boss people around.

Hitler thought that, as he had the largest and most powerful army in Europe, he would control it. That's what America has been doing, although on a worldwide scale.

In addition, America's influence is slowly decreasing in favour of China. The same thing happend with England. The British empire eventually declined - every large country eventually has to - and was replaced by America as the dominant power.

I just hope I live to see it....

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:10 am

This topic fails and is now about Fire Emblem. I just started a new Hard game in PoR with the intent of doing a run with a small team - five or six, say. Wish me luck.

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:20 am

Lol China. You really don't understand why China's success will be relatively short-lived, do you? The babies being born in China for some years now have mostly been male (because the girls get discarded or shipped off). Do you know what that means? That means that in about 50 years or fewer, China will have what I call a "population bust". The number of babies being born will suddenly decrease so drastically it'll make the stock market crash look like a Central Park picnic in terms of numerical comparison. You'll end up with relatively few younger folks to take care of a ton of older folks, most of whom will be male... see what I'm getting at?

I would respond to the rest of your post, but your ignorance of how America works speaks for itself.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:30 am

FormicHiveQueen wrote:Lol China. You really don't understand why China's success will be relatively short-lived, do you? The babies being born in China for some years now have mostly been male (because the girls get discarded or shipped off). Do you know what that means? That means that in about 50 years or fewer, China will have what I call a "population bust". The number of babies being born will suddenly decrease so drastically it'll make the stock market crash look like a Central Park picnic in terms of numerical comparison. You'll end up with relatively few younger folks to take care of a ton of older folks, most of whom will be male... see what I'm getting at?
Yup. You know why? China needs to get rid of it's population or it'll just become even more overcrowded than it is today. Men can't get pregnant. Men are used for the army and building, which means it can advance up the tech tree quickly. It won't be short-lived because, even though they are cutting down on the females, there are still so many that there won't be a problem. And even if it won't last long, it will overtake America before dying and being replaced by India.
I would respond to the rest of your post, but your ignorance of how America works speaks for itself.
That is incredibly funny for two reasons:

- You just can't think up a good counter.
- I counter your posts even though they are made of American propaganda and ignorance.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:31 am

Terragent wrote:This topic fails and is now about Fire Emblem. I just started a new Hard game in PoR with the intent of doing a run with a small team - five or six, say. Wish me luck.
Good luck. I've never played PoR, is it any good?

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:44 am

bog-bog wrote:
That is incredibly funny for two reasons:

- You just can't think up a good counter.
- I counter your posts even though they are made of American propaganda and ignorance.
This merely serves to prove my point: that you know precisely dick about America.

Edit: Another reason I'm only responding half-heartedly now is because I'm waiting for this madhouse to repeat itself. Shouldn't be too long now.
Last edited by FormicHiveQueen on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:52 am

Shift Breaker wrote:
Terragent wrote:This topic fails and is now about Fire Emblem. I just started a new Hard game in PoR with the intent of doing a run with a small team - five or six, say. Wish me luck.
Good luck. I've never played PoR, is it any good?
Mmm, PoR is great fun. Hard mode offers a nice challenge (early game, at least) and the supporting cast is full of awesome. Mia, Boyd, Gatrie, Largo... there's almost no end to the cool characters.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:58 am

Try ChinaFE.

It's essentially an FE8 maniac mode patch in which you have godlike characters, but face enemies with capped stats, and a DK that is almost impossible to kill, and arena/tower/savestate abuse is highly recommended. Also, Vigarde uses Garm.

You need the Japanese FE8 ROM for it, which I can't give, and the patch is technically called "Will of Good and Evil".
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:00 am

That implies playing Sacred Stones again, something I'm really not inclined to do now. Or ever, really. <_<

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:07 am

lol AWN.

Wait 50 years, maybe even 40. Omg it's going to be so great. :D You can just imagine the headlines.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:24 am

Terragent wrote:That implies playing Sacred Stones again, something I'm really not inclined to do now. Or ever, really. <_<
But it's really NOT Sacred Stones. Every character (except for the lords, Vanessa, Mrryh, and Amelia) has been replaced by a different FE character, and most of them have uberhax growth rates.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:59 am

Terragent wrote:
Shift Breaker wrote: Good luck. I've never played PoR, is it any good?
Mmm, PoR is great fun. Hard mode offers a nice challenge (early game, at least) and the supporting cast is full of awesome. Mia, Boyd, Gatrie, Largo... there's almost no end to the cool characters.
I never really got into the other Westernized FE ames released(Well, I just forgot to play 'em after a while), but PoR looks really good...I may have to get it before the Wii FE comes out. Get the Other two GBA ROMs while I'm at it, force myself to get into 'em for real.

Uh, not that I condone such ILLEGAL activities, nor do I ondone anyone giving me mp3s or links to places here I may find Tom Morello's & Slash's boss battle themes from GH3.

Totally.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:48 am

bog-bog wrote:FormicHiveQueen's post in deliberately incredibly hard to pick apart and quote, so I won't. It was all over the news last week, Bush and Brown don't really get on.

Also, when we Brits were busy pillaging the world, you Americans were part of us. You WERE British. White Americans will have British blood in them.

Traitors. (joke)
I didn't respond to this because I thought he meant that the entire post was a joke.

Apparently not.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:57 am

In a few years, Japan will press a red button which turns every Sony product into a Transformer.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:00 am

You know why the Cameras that sony do come with those little legs?

Yeah, they're going to kick your ass. One day, you're all going to regret buying Sony's most sold product. Your ass will be shattered.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:02 am

Rolf's kind of iffy, but Mist is one of the most powerful characters in the game. And yeah, pretty much the only Greil Mercenaries who aren't 100% solid gold are Oscar, Rolf, Rhys, Titania and Shinon - and they're all perfectly adequate characters. Ike, Boyd, Soren, Mia, Gatrie... gah. Murder machines, one and all, even though Soren often has strength problems.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:34 am

Soren can't use any of the good tomes without losing a good six to ten speed <_<

And Mist doesn't really need much investment. Heal regularly, throw a few hundred bonus experience her way, and you've basically done everything you need to. She ought to be promoting around chapter 17 or so, and since she starts with D swords she can get her weapon levels up to B around the time you re-enter Crimea without too much effort.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:41 pm

I'm doing a Difficult run at the moment and intend to up my Mist as much as possible. A Greil-only run sounds very interesting right now (I'm on Training at the moment), but I like my air force and my Nephenee too much to let them go.

Post-promotion Ike with Aether is hilarious though.

So for Mist, should I give her some more stat-building items? I'd like her, Mia and Nephenee to be my mandatory Girl Power squad this time.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:05 am

Stop Being so American.
There's a time and there's a place
So James Dean.
So Blue Jeans.
He's gonna' save the world.
He's gonna'.
Are you hoping for a miracle?

Took long enough for it to be posted. FALLY, I'M DISSAPOINTED.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:57 am

Play FE4.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:21 pm

Sure, if you don't like having a healer with massive movement and the ability to destroy mages with physical damage while being immune to their counterattacks, be my guest. Of course, your sonic and runeswords are going to be pretty much worthless unless you get lucky with Mia's magic growth.

The thing with Soren is that other mages can do what he can, but with more style. Calill gets to tote all three of the A-rank tomes (although Thoron is by far the best outside Laguz super-effectiveness), Ilyana gets to use Rexbolt without penalties, Tormod has massive movement, and... well, Bastian can't beat Soren overall, but at least his strengths are distinct. The other three mages also get a broader range of support options and two of the three (Tormod and Calill) are vastly more durable than Soren. But eh.

For the record, here's my team (listed by supports, just 'cos):

Ike
Titania
Boyd
Mia
Mist
Tormod
Devdan
Largo

Plus the occasional use of Volke or Sothe for theft. Mmm, theft.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:48 pm

I see that Terragent is a heretic who doesn't like making Jill Sandwiches.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:50 pm

A

N
e
p
h
e
n
e
e

i
s

f
i
n
e

t
o
o

I still love my airforce from my last run. Triangle attacks, Nepehnee stabs, Mia criticals and Ike ikiness ahoy!

HooHa Man

Post by HooHa Man » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:49 pm

FormicHiveQueen wrote:
bog-bog wrote:FormicHiveQueen's post in deliberately incredibly hard to pick apart and quote, so I won't. It was all over the news last week, Bush and Brown don't really get on.

Also, when we Brits were busy pillaging the world, you Americans were part of us. You WERE British. White Americans will have British blood in them.

Traitors. (joke)
I don't actually have any direct British ancestry. :P I've said it in the past, but I was generalzing. My most recent European ancestries are Welsh and Irish. Oh by the way: WAKE UP CALL! A lot of Americans have no direct British ancestry, if any at all. So no, many of us were in fact NOT British. Hell, I'm more closely related to Native Americans than I am to the British.

Edit: Hell, the largest overall ancestry that most white Americans (myself included) have is German. And way to leave out all the Dutch and Scotts that were here as well. British ancestry is a rarity in America.
The first thing that just popped into my mind while reading that post, was all of the brown-haired brown-eyed neo-Nazis protesting in Washington about taking a stiffer stance on immigration.

EDIT: As a "black" humorist writer, I don't think I'd be able to get as inspiration from other countries as I do from my own (America).

EDIT EDIT: I feel so off topic.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:35 pm

Elincia isn't bad at all. Her strength cap and Amiti's low might prevent her from so much as damaging Ashnard, but she's a pretty good unit apart from that. She's just a weaker version of Mist with a sexy weapon and the ability to fly.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Well, she doesn't need sword levels for anything, so you can pretty much raise her on bonus experience. Plus she uses staves, so just chuck a Fortify or Ashera staff around for ridiculous reward.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Yeah, my Elincia was pumped full of BEXP right up until level 19, where I let a couple of triangle attacks get her to reach the end.

My Mist is now on S-level staffery and B-level swords. I love her now.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:04 pm

My Mist promoted halfway through chapter 13 <_<

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:24 pm

My Mist promoted right at the end of Training, the worst possible time for someone to gain a horse.