Gah, Halloween.....

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:23 am

guy fawkes day
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction

Post by Linkman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:24 am

There's V for Vendetta day...
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:27 am

That's Guy Fawkes Day, it's an actual holiday.

V For Vendetta day? lolwut



And before this topic deteriorates further, let's get back to the original topic.

Did you actually squirt piss at trick-or-treaters, Bog?
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction

Post by Linkman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:45 am

Remember, remember, the fifth of November?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:49 am

Yup. It's a very festive holiday in Britain, apparently.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up King and Parliament.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
A penny loaf to feed the Pope
A farthing o' cheese to choke him.
A pint of beer to rinse it down.
A fabulous men of sticks to burn him.
Burn him in a tub of tar.
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head.
Then we'll say ol' Pope is dead.
Hip hip hoorah!
Hip hip hoorah hoorah!
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:40 pm

Make sure you learn the facts first about Christian interpretations of the Bible - or BABBLE LOLOL. Why do people think a lot of Genesis is metaphorical? Because it looks it. You compare the language of that to the New Testament and you'll see that it is intended as a poetic and mystical interpretation of God's creation with a key message about sin, and that the New Testament is meant to be taken literally. I know it's easy to assume those dumb theists are making cop-outs but you might as well think about it in future. Also, how many contradictions do you know anyway? There's far fewer than people think as it's all a matter of interpretation.
Oh, I know my facts about it pretty well. I was born and raised a Roman Catholic and went to a Catholic elementary school/high school. How am I suppose to take The Flood, and Sodom and Gomorrah metaphorically? "Don't be evil or God will get you!"?

*yawns*
http://skeptically.org/bible/id6.html
What kind of an argument is this? Pack of hyenas waiting for their prey to be vulnerable and swooping down for the "kill"? Do you really think the church is just an evil organization - okay well some may say that - but one that doesn't believe what it's teaching and just wants to brainwash people for no apparent reason? And tell me what's absurd about all this God will be with you teachings? Or is it just you're too narrow-minded to understand that perspective? It seems fair enough to me. He's a personal God who communicates to his followers as they have a personal relationship with him (BLAH BLAH BLAH etc.)
Uhm.... what kind of argument is this.... try a completely valid one.

Do I think the church is an evil organization....? No, I think it's a plague upon humanity which only prevents us from moving forward.

The "reason" is control... or power... And don't go "WHY WOULD THEY [the Church] WANT POWER?"
Eh? I don't think it's "pulled" anything "crap". Quite the opposite actually. Look at how it's changed people's lives for the good. Well I can certainly say this for Christianity at least.
Well, I sorta agree with you here... It HAS changed peoples lives... but for the good? The Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, oh and most recently, lets not forget how it changed the bum holes of all those alter boys... oh, and didn't that issue get swept up under the carpet nice and quick... Hey, on the bright side... I heard they got milk and cookies!
Regardless of your belief about God, before making that argument you should make sure you know that he is always supposed to be with his followers, happy or sad.
Okay... so he's SUPPOSE TO, but how come the Church only makes it known when you're suffering? Jesus, I see so many ads/posters showing people who are in hard times.... then suddenly Christ comes into their life and every thing's good again..... sickening. I'm sure amongst themselves they may stuff like that, but not to non-believers.
Sorry Gameshark. I know you like to mock the opposition but in my opinion sir you're not showing much knowledge of Christianity...
^_~
WWN whiners wrote:Wah wah, WWN is so inactive but you're not allowed to talk about this anymore, wah wah lets circle jerk some more.
This is the only interesting topic on WWN, so don't complain how inactive this site is and bitch about this.
Puff wrote:Blah blah
Stop being so emotional.

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction

Post by Linkman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:19 pm

YAWN.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:33 pm

Oh Linky <3

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:36 pm

This isn't a question of our differing beliefs. As long as everyone is keeping a resonably open mind, I have no quarrels.

The only possible that I would have with anybody here is GS's arrogance (which isn't actually arrogance but an awesome trolling rampage) and Bog's lack of understanding of evolution (which can be remedied by reading a book or just plain surfing the net).
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Lock now?

User avatar
Terragent
Rank: Cussing Aussie
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Post by Terragent » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Split would be more appropriate.

User avatar
Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:51 pm

The crusades were for economic reasons.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:08 pm

Wrong topic.

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:15 pm

Treedweller wrote:The crusades were for economic reasons.
The Crusades were a series of military conflicts of a religious character waged by much of Christian Europe during 1095–1291, most of which were sanctioned by the Pope in the name of Christendom. The Crusades originally had the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the sacred "Holy Land" from Muslim rule and were originally launched in response to a call from the Eastern Orthodox Byzantine Empire for help against the expansion of the Muslim Seljuk Turks into Anatolia.

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction

Post by Linkman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:04 am

Crusaders are a cool class in Ragnarok Online and you should all shut up.
[/quote]
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
McTool
Rank: East Coast Deity Lord

Post by McTool » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:13 am

Crusaders are an overplayed class.

Gunslingers are more fun.
Make good choices

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:41 am

WWN stupidity strikes again!

TheInspiration
Location: Nowhere of any interest.

Post by TheInspiration » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:55 am

Yup the Crusades were all the Christians' fault. :roll:

I can't be bothered to reply to that unless you're really desperate for a response. Won't help the thread.

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:01 am

Thanks for ignoring everything else I said because it ass rapes you harder then Priests ^_^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfDlIa-Z8

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:10 am

*Air Guitar*
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:04 am

Keep all spoilers in the spoilers thread, people.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:04 am

Shift Breaker wrote:We have Bonfire Night, too.
Oh, I absoultely lurve Bonfire Night, except that we never really have bonfires, just fireworks. ^_^

On saturday (Tommorow), going to a party and BBQ. Got some absolutely massive fireworks about the size of my leg.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:06 am

It would be fun to see a bonfire.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:14 am

Biggest bonfire I've seen irl was about the size of a house, although I've seen much larger ones on TV.

User avatar
Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:49 am

Urk loony pagan feasts.
It's all about Naw Ruz fools.
:P
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

User avatar
x0_000
Rank: Clothes shopping is NP-Complete.
Location: a thing

Post by x0_000 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:30 am

What the hell two days pass and suddenly this topic is filled with 4 pages of silly arguing
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

TheInspiration
Location: Nowhere of any interest.

Post by TheInspiration » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:36 am

Gameshark wrote:Thanks for ignoring everything else I said because it ass rapes you harder then Priests ^_^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfDlIa-Z8
I'm really sorry to break this to you Gameshark, but you aren't as wonderful as you think you are. I don't want to continue the religion topic, so at present I don't feel the need to make a nice long rant.

Anyone else call you in the slightest bit arrogant?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:55 am

Inspy, while I agree with you in every way, I think we should just leave it at that. GS won't admit that he is wrong, and we won't turn, so arguing has no purpose whatsoever.

User avatar
Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:26 am

Oh boy, you guys don't know Shane very well, do you? He's actually a super big softy at heart ;_;

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:12 pm

Let's ignore him.

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:47 pm

TheInspiration wrote:
Gameshark wrote:Thanks for ignoring everything else I said because it ass rapes you harder then Priests ^_^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfDlIa-Z8
I'm really sorry to break this to you Gameshark, but you aren't as wonderful as you think you are. I don't want to continue the religion topic, so at present I don't feel the need to make a nice long rant.

Anyone else call you in the slightest bit arrogant?
Acting like some crumpets fag who guys "You're arrgogant so I'll ignore your completely valid points because it owns my stupid beliefs in sky fairies" is fudge retarded? What are you fudge like 12? Jesus christ it's like holy goddamn crumpets mofo.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:38 pm

Shane, I'll give you a treat you out to a beer if you drop this trivial debate and get on the subject of holidays.

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:01 pm

x0_000 wrote:What the hell two days pass and suddenly this topic is filled with 4 pages of silly arguing
Yeah, it's a bit slow at the moment.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

TheInspiration
Location: Nowhere of any interest.

Post by TheInspiration » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Gameshark wrote:
TheInspiration wrote:I'm really sorry to break this to you Gameshark, but you aren't as wonderful as you think you are. I don't want to continue the religion topic, so at present I don't feel the need to make a nice long rant.

Anyone else call you in the slightest bit arrogant?
Acting like some crumpets fag who guys "You're arrgogant so I'll ignore your completely valid points because it owns my stupid beliefs in sky fairies" is fudge retarded? What are you fudge like 12? Jesus christ it's like holy goddamn crumpets mofo.
I love you too Shane. I've decided a complete reverse around in my beliefs. Shane is fantastic. Whatever he says is truthful and words cannot describe how great the assraping from the recent argument was. I shall henceforth stop beliving in sky fairies and start believing in nothing because it's so much more logical and answers everything. Now I shall go back home and do my homework like most year 12s do.

TheInspiration
Location: Nowhere of any interest.

Post by TheInspiration » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:53 pm

Now back to your post, I really can't be bothered to go through it all bit by bit, but you really don't know as much about religion as you claim to (solely because of your upbrining), if you think religion only does bad things. So many people like myself have had lives changed for the good because of Christianity. Then look at all the great charities and missionaries etc etc. It's so naive and terribly pessimistic to just say it does no good.

Also what is "sickening" about everything coming good because Jesus joins people's lives. Mind-baffling really. People's lives are good BECAUSE Jesus is in their lives!

Sorry, you may not think much of my arguments and I respect you for speaking honestly (even if you are arrogant) but I don't think you caught me out.

Thanks for your time. I'll go back to posting lighthearted rubbish like in the previous response. :D

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:34 am

Also what is "sickening" about everything coming good because Jesus joins people's lives. Mind-baffling really. People's lives are good BECAUSE Jesus is in their lives!
Circular arguments are invalid arguments. <_<;
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

TheInspiration
Location: Nowhere of any interest.

Post by TheInspiration » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:28 am

Xenesis wrote:
Also what is "sickening" about everything coming good because Jesus joins people's lives. Mind-baffling really. People's lives are good BECAUSE Jesus is in their lives!
Circular arguments are invalid arguments. <_<;
Yes, but I mean if they are always happy and don't need Jesus to come into their lives due to suffering, in the first place. Basically his point was that Jesus is only in people's lives when they are suffering. So I don't think it's invalid.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:36 am

..which is totally wrong. Jesus makes people NOT suffer.

User avatar
DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: War Room Legend
Location: In your base, killing your d00ds

Post by DTaeKim » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:00 am

I'm not suffering, and Jesus is not a part of my life.
What can change the nature of a man?

User avatar
onewaystreet
Rank: Pizza Craver
Location: Some sort of box, by the looks of it.

Post by onewaystreet » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:11 am

DTaeKim wrote:I'm not suffering, and Jesus is not a part of my life.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Multivac [Bot] and 0 guests