my life is like mr brightside

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:25 am

Hybrid Theory. The good one.
Make good choices

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:04 pm

didn't the meteor one have braking the habit

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:18 pm

It did, indeed. Which is what makes Meteora = Hybrid Theory, IMO. I'll agree that the transitions in Meteora were more fluid but Hybrid Theory is a great blending of rock and metal. Couple with Mike's rapping and Chester's shrieking interwining with each other, Hybrid Theory stands as my favorite album thus far. Also, Hahn has mad scratching skillz.

As a whole, I will say HT is better than Meteora but there are few songs on the latter album that simply blow my mind away.

GOING BACK TO SONG SUGGESTIONS FOR DEAR OLD SVEN!

Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
Last edited by Powdered Toast Man on Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:53 am

Meteora is my favourite album ever. Not just my favourite LP album. Every song is sexual perfection. I could toss off to that album. The only song stopping me from doing so is Figure.09. It's a good song, but doesn't stand out like every other track on the album. (Including the 10-second intro - even that is amazing. Perfect warm-up to Don't Stay.) I love the way that every single song on the album flows with each other. (I don't know the proper technical term for that, but I'm sure there is one.) Faint makes this album what it is - the best song ever in the best album ever.

And I still haven't got Hybrid Theory EP. I'm surprised with myself.

Hybrid Theory is also fudge awesome. Papercut and Forgotten stand out as being some of LP's best work. Chester is immense in Forgotten.

According to WMP, I've listened to Faint 45692 times, not including the times I've played it on my MP3 player. 8)

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:20 am

*insert comment relating Linkin Park and angst*

To be fair, you dislike, with respect to the rest of the album, the most angsty song on Meteora.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:28 am

Me wrote:The only song stopping me from doing so is Figure.09. It's a good song, but doesn't stand out like every other track on the album.
I like Fig.09, just not as much as the rest.

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:44 am

linkin park was good until you know

i discovered better music

like uh

anything

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:50 am

I do love your blunt comments. They make me feel happy on the inside.[/list]

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZRrHVEbWE

much better then linkin' park

superior synth and amazing vocals with a good beat

beats anything chester could do

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYNRhzX6gw8

Linkin Park parady. It really takes the piss. Rofl.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:54 am

Honestly, if you want a song that takes the piss out of Linkin' Park, then just listen to Crawling. >_>
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:31 am

btw did I mention that linkin park is my second favorite band ever
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:38 pm

Uhmmmmmm, is it just me or does picturing Bog 'tossing off' to a Linkin' Park album disturb and haunt anyone else

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:43 pm

bog-bog wrote:
Me wrote:The only song stopping me from doing so is Figure.09. It's a good song, but doesn't stand out like every other track on the album.
I like Fig.09, just not as much as the rest.
That's why I have "with respect to the rest of the album" in there.

I do respect Linkin Park, though. Some of their stuff is pretty good, but what really makes me respect them is the fact that they sprung me into music.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:28 pm

They've been all downhill since USING WAVES OF SOUND THE TRUE MASTER PARALYSES HIS OPPONENT, LEAVING HIM VULNERABLE TO ATTACK.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:23 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:They've been all downhill since USING WAVES OF SOUND THE TRUE MASTER PARALYSES HIS OPPONENT, LEAVING HIM VULNERABLE TO ATTACK.
Damn, that song is awesome.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:59 pm

Shift Breaker wrote:Honestly, if you want a song that takes the piss out of Linkin' Park, then just listen to Crawling. >_>
That's mean. :(

<3 SJ <3

McTool

Post by McTool » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:00 am

Treedweller wrote:Uhmmmmmm, is it just me or does picturing Bog 'tossing off' to a Linkin' Park album disturb and haunt anyone else
Yeah, I just opted to try and forget that sentence. Thanks for bringing it up again.
Make good choices

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:04 am

Treedweller wrote:Uhmmmmmm, is it just me or does picturing Bog 'tossing off' to a Linkin' Park album disturb and haunt anyone else
Treed, I hate you THIS much now.
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:46 am

Mission accomplished.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:27 am

This topic reminds me of the "Crawling" topic bog made in ASDF a while back.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:33 am

Oh, and did I ever mention that Canadian Indie > British Indie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpdogGPGI4A

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:59 am

does that even need to be said

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:57 pm

While I like Tokyo Police Club, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5W2Vr6HU7s

this is all britain has

lol

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:56 pm

Come on you lot, Operator Please tear up anything Fal has to offer.

IT'S JUST A SONG
IT'S JUST A SONG
IT'S JUST A SONG
IT'S JUST A SONG ABOUT PING-PONG!

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:10 pm

Sven wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5W2Vr6HU7s

this is all britain has

lol
The Beatles.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:44 am

I love the way you're trying to discredit the UK indie scene, yet are failing to actually use the best bands your respective countries have to offer. Good work!
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:50 am

Sven wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5W2Vr6HU7s

this is all britain has

lol
That was...incredible...

moar
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:04 am

Uh, you've never heard of The Police?

And Fally dear, I know indie is in your lifeblood and thus you are very sensitive to the subject, but I was playing around; I just wanted an excuse to post that video.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:10 am

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:40 am

thefalman wrote:I love the way you're trying to discredit the UK indie scene, yet are failing to actually use the best bands your respective countries have to offer. Good work!
Me? I like a lot of British indie.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:50 am

You ARE British, I wasn't referring to you (despite the fact my post appears directly below yours, gogo communication failure). >_>

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:51 am

Ah, good.

I avoid that by quoting the post I'm refering to.

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:38 am

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:40 am

Ahahaha, and they thought they were the next Beatles

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:46 am

hahahahhahhhahhaahhahahahahahahaa

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:52 am

Oh you guys.

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:10 pm

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:34 pm

I think all that Kenny Loggins is going to your head.