Dreams.

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Dreams.

Post by Bog » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:22 pm

In this topic, we discuss our 1337 dreams.

I've recently started having some very peculiar dreams. Some are very fun.

1) Several nights ago I woke up screaming "OMFG NO, JACK, NO COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!" for no reason whatsoever. I have no idea in Hell who Jack is.

2) This one was actually quite scary, and not fun at all. Last night I dreamt a gunman was outside in the street with a sniper rifle. I actually died in my dream. :O (But not after seeing family and friends get shot also.)

3) My MP3 player started talking to me the other night, telling me to play Project 86 instead of Metallica.

4) Last week I was in Tetris, as an L-Block. fudge me, that dream was wierd.

5) The night before last was hilarious. I've no idea what the dream was about, but it was seriously crazy. Involved some mushrooms, a wind turbine and toenails. Really odd....

... I think I need to see someone about this, lol.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:33 pm

I don't remember any of my dreams.

I really want a Lucid dream, but remembering any normal ones would be nice.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:04 am

You really need to be regularly remembering your dreams vividly for lucid dreams to work.

Whenever I've had lucid dreams it was always during the periods when I was remembering 3-4 dreams per night in vivid detail. You have to be very aware for it to happen.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:27 am

I sleep very soundly, thank you.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 am

hear hear linkman, hear hear

i only dream if my mind is seriously in an emotional state before i sleep.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:21 am

Last night I had a dream that I agreed to marry this girl in the same hall as mine for reasons unknown. It sucked, though, because I had a mountain of homework to do, had to finish a bunch of legal crumpets, get the wedding prepared, etc. all in under five hours. Suffice to say, I woke up right before the eleventh hour.

God, I hope I never have another dream like that again.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:28 am

I hate it when my dreams finish halfway through. It's like you're watching a very good movie and then the DVD player breaks.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:52 am

Linkman wrote:I sleep very soundly, thank you.
Sleeping soundly has nothing to do with it. I've been told I could sleep through nuclear war, but that doesn't have anything to do with how well I'm remembering my dreams.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

McTool

Post by McTool » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:59 pm

I don't remember most of my dreams.

Sorry.
Make good choices

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:15 pm

I actually enjoy sleeping because of dreams. It's boring otherwise. Nightmares are fun because they're like a rollercoaster - scary, but omg they are fun.

Spazer

Post by Spazer » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:16 pm

bog-bog wrote:I hate it when my dreams finish halfway through. It's like you're watching a very good movie and then the DVD player breaks.
yes i hate this so much >:(

dreams that start out pleasant and then unexpectedly shift into a horrible nightmare are the best

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:35 pm

I agree.

I don't like nightmares when I'm actually in the dream, just like you don't like rollercoasters when you're actully on them. But it's awesome afterwards.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:37 pm

Hah, those usually happen to me when I'm too hot for whatever reason and I've been unable to kick the quilt off in my sleep.
bog-bog wrote:just like you don't like rollercoasters when you're actully on them.
What kind of wuss are you? <_<

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:15 am

Lol I nearly passed out on Stealth. I hated that ride, but I was glad I went on it, if you know what I mean. Also, the high is great. 0–80 mph in 1.8 seconds, and a maximum G of 4.8.

Anything less than that is a merry-go-round to me.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:21 am

One time I had a week of good dreams that I recollected very well.

I then had about five days of lucid dreams. I haven't had one since.

My favorite dreams are the surreal ones that I have where I wake up half way through. I recollect them, and they manage to segue into my day in a really cool way. It's almost as if I finish my dreams for myself.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:32 am

bog-bog wrote:Lol I nearly passed out on Stealth. I hated that ride, but I was glad I went on it, if you know what I mean. Also, the high is great. 0–80 mph in 1.8 seconds, and a maximum G of 4.8.

Anything less than that is a merry-go-round to me.
Man, I wish I lived in the UK. At least there's Magic Mountain where I live.

Well, I don't remember my dream last night in too great of detail.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:51 am

I watch too much Top Gear.

Last night I was reviewing a wooden go-kart, TG style.

<_<

Sapphire_Flame

Post by Sapphire_Flame » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:49 am

All my dreams are far too weird for mere words to describe, and usually involve video games. I think I need counseling or something...
Last week I was in Tetris, as an L-Block. fudge me, that dream was wierd.
OMG, I'm sigging that.

Spazer

Post by Spazer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:39 pm

bog-bog wrote:I watch too much Top Gear.

<_<
this is why somebody needs to invent a dream recorder

where did it go on the cool wall

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:32 pm

Spazer wrote:
bog-bog wrote:I watch too much Top Gear.

<_<
this is why somebody needs to invent a dream recorder

where did it go on the cool wall
Cool Wall was burnt by evil Fifth Gear.

Anyway, if it still existed, it would definately go in Uncool. You couldn't go around picking up chicks in it. Also, I own one, thus it is immediately Uncool.

However, it is still a good car. It's performance capabilities are infinite, since they depend on the weight and strength of the driver. Although uncomfortable, that is not what the vehicle is about. And who says you can't modify it with a cushion on the seat? Furthermore, it is an absolute bargain, costing only the price of a few planks of wood and an old bike. Thus, it beats it's rivals in the price department. Stig drove it round the track with a time of 7:24.

I'd reccomend it.

(Yay sig'd)

Xen

Post by Xen » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:47 am

Signs I'm doing way too much chemistry lately:

I dreamt that I was attempting to liquid/liquid extract the compound I synthesised yesterday. I had trouble getting the yield during the day, you see...as it was far less soluble than expected in diethyl ether. So in my dream I did like five extractions of it...and I weighed out and worked out my yield...turned out I had like a 10,000% yield - this is like getting kilograms of stuff when you made it using only grams. (Yes, roughly 100x more than is actually physically possible without creating matter from nothing.)

<_<;

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:50 pm

I dreamt that I was Leon Kennedy once. Man, what a fun dream.
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

Xen

Post by Xen » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:40 pm

I'm hoping that it's just water....but it's looking like that I might actually get a >100% yield this experiment....

Which is just... >_<

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:03 pm

Thank God I'm done with chemistry. And most math.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:34 am

I studied Chemistry for GCSE. My word...never again. It was the most pointless subject I have ever studied in my whole life. I got a C for it, which is a bloody miracle. My coursework was a very, very low E. I really could not be arsed with it.

Why do I care what reacts with x? etc. I'll never be using any of the **** I learned in Chemistry ever again. If I ever do, I'll eat my toenails.

Some people need chemistry for their careers and stuff. But I just do not want to go in that direction. Apparantly I was gifted (Which may explain the C grade, despite me putting in virtually no effort at all.), but I hate the subject. With a fiery passion that burns within my very soul. I fail to see why anyone would study it because they enjoy it.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:15 am

Bog. Bog. Bog.

People like different things.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:21 am

Agreed.

But I think everyone hates Kenny G. At least, everyone with taste.
Make good choices

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:26 am

Thunder only happens when it's raining.
Players only love you when they're playing.
Say...women...they will come, and they will go.
When the rain washes you clean...you'll know.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:26 am

This morning I dreamt my alarm clock was going off. I tried to stop the alarm, but nothing I did worked.

A moment later, I awoke to the sounds of my real alarm clock... which I must have slept through until that point.

Powdered Toast Man

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:06 pm

^ I hate those dreams. >:[

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:15 pm

Alecat wrote:This morning I dreamt my alarm clock was going off. I tried to stop the alarm, but nothing I did worked.

A moment later, I awoke to the sounds of my real alarm clock... which I must have slept through until that point.
It's interesting how those outside things seem to blend perfectly in your dream.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:18 pm

It's worse when it's about hunting for a toilet.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:24 pm

bog-bog wrote:I studied Chemistry for GCSE. My word...never again. It was the most pointless subject I have ever studied in my whole life. I got a C for it, which is a bloody miracle. My coursework was a very, very low E. I really could not be arsed with it.

Why do I care what reacts with x? etc. I'll never be using any of the **** I learned in Chemistry ever again. If I ever do, I'll eat my toenails.
So you're never going to use bleach? You're never going to use soap? You're not going to cook? You're not going to drink milk after eating spicy food because it's an acid-base neutralisation?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:44 pm

I have no need nor a desire to know how those things work, just as long as they do their job.

I respect chemists like I respect Adolf Hitler.

Spazer

Post by Spazer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:49 pm

wait what

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:55 am

If I buy a washing machine, do I need to know how it works? No. Just as long as it washes my laundry I'm happy.

It's the same thing with chemistry.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:21 am

Well, if everybody thought like you, there'd be no-one to make the machine now, would it? Or build the cars, or even create the computer parts you claim to know so much about.

You complain about Americans, but you seem to fall on their stereotype very well.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:41 am

But they don't all think like me, do they? Also, American stereotypes typically love their country.

Game, set and match.

(As a side-note, I'm not very into the modern computer bits. Pre-2004 is my area of expertise. Hence my computer topic in DIDAH.)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:10 am

bog-bog wrote:If I buy a washing machine, do I need to know how it works? No. Just as long as it washes my laundry I'm happy.

It's the same thing with chemistry.
A wise thing in life is to know at least a little bit about any device that you're using. And I resent the implication that I'm Hitler.

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:36 am

godwin's law

bog loses

anyway xen you interested me

which of milk or spice is basic and which is acidic?