Terr's adventures in magic hippy land

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Terragent

Terr's adventures in magic hippy land

Post by Terragent » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:45 pm

I was up dancing until 1:30 this morning. Shooglenifty are pretty awesome that way.

So yeah, I'm up in Queensland at the Woodford Folk Festival. It hasn't seriously rained while I've been here, but there's still mud everywhere. Sleeping is a challenge because the little portable cabin we've been set up in is right next to a stage, but exhaustion won out last night, at least.

Eric Bogle and TaikOz were pretty fantastic, too. Right now I'm off to see a French group called Babylon Circus who seem pretty cool. The only real downside so far was getting dragged off by my brother to see the Waifs last night. I swear, five more minutes of all-Australian whiny nothing-rock and I'd have been foaming at the mouth. I'll never understand why they're so big.

For those who still have no idea what I'm talking about, good for you. I'm off to get muddier and buy some overpriced food. Take care, people. ;)

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:11 pm

Glad to hear you're having fun. Take care of yerself... and have a shower at some point. Filthy hippy.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:32 pm

Well, I half-guessed from the title it was some sort of music festival, and it's the wrong time of year (not to mention the wrong country) for Glastonbury.

And while I honestly have no idea about any of the music you just mentioned, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:37 am

Oh dear. The Waifs. I feel for you, man.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:45 pm

Fat chance of a shower. The public buildings are so filthy I feel dirtied just walking by them. The highlight of the festival so far has been Martin Pearson reading Reaper Man in installments. He even does the Death of Rats's voice right.

And right now it's been raining for twenty-six hours and counting. The mud has now invaded hitherto mud-free locales - it's now reached the point where there are perhaps two stages in the whole festival that could be described as something approaching clean. The streets (yes, streets, the place feels more like a market than a festival) are more like rivers half the time. It's kind of cool, but I'm not sure how I'm going to get my shoes clean enough to wear on the plane.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:02 pm

Why, by buying new, Duty Free ones of course!

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Oh wow, so there was this awesome band from Israel called Moshav. Violin solo followed by a minute-long drum solo for their finale. With strobe lighting. Easily the best performance of the festival. Plus the lead singer looked like Jesus. No, not that Jesus. Only a few people will get what I mean. >_>

Also, street performers on stilts blowing ridiculously durable bubbles. Seriously, they must have had some kind of super bubble mix, those things lasted forever.

And yeah, I haven't showered since the morning of the 29th. Time for a new CT, methinks.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:46 pm

Plus the lead singer looked like Jesus. No, not that Jesus. Only a few people will get what I mean. >_>
I'm now imagining him singing. The thought is amusing me. And frightening me.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:10 pm

That's what I thought.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:36 pm

Jesus Christ: Superstar?
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.