Off to go and pretend to be a responsible adult

The member introduction forum. If you're new to WWN, come here to introduce yourself and say hi! ^_^

Or to regale us with tales of your departure!
daisy

Off to go and pretend to be a responsible adult

Post by daisy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:35 am

I'm going to (stand there and look mean) steward a festival for 2 weeks in glorious Somerset. Last time I did this I came home with a bunch of cool stories, which included a drug raid and dealing with a tent with a hedgehog in it. Should be fun.

Laters.

Terragent

Re: Off to go and pretend to be a responsible adult

Post by Terragent » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Have fun, Dave. I'll expect zany anecdotes once you're back online.

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 am

Here's what happened:

- A man thought it would be wise to offer another guy in a hi-vis (me) some "cheap weed." It didn't end well for him. (This was part of the job that I really didn't like. I see no problem with a bit of weak weed, but I was expected for enforce some rules that I didn't agree with.)

- Speaking in the phonetic alphabet over a radio never gets old. Ever.

- A random cow walked through a gate from a main road, defecated on a a tent and just sat in the middle of the road. Wat.

- A couple of days after the cow indicent, I was on another gate. The site is surround by lots of farmland, and there were a load of sheep nearby, separated by a fence only a couple of feet tall. They all decided to jump it. I've never seen sheep jump a fence, so seeing about twenty or so just randomly stampede over it was fairly impressive. The radio call was hilarious.

- I played Chicken with a friend of mine. It did not go well. It really didn't. I can't stop brushing my teeth. The looks of shock and awe were worth it though.

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:35 am

Weak Weed is Worst Weed go big or go home
Make good choices