A Day in the Life of a FAQ

Talk about the shiny-new post-apocalyptic Advance Wars game here.
DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

A Day in the Life of a FAQ

Post by DTaeKim » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:41 am

As a lot of you know, I have an incomplete FAQ that I still receive e-mails. These are some of the e-mails I've received.
Well on A New Threat I changed the battle and map animation and suddenly the flare decided to attack my b-copter whereas it wouldnt ever do it before.. On C14 i have tried restarting several times but still my game doesnt follow your walkthrough. 2 bad. You know one of the persons who have 3 days on c16 on cyberscore? well please do! I know i could just ask someone tho. U dunno how to get 7 days on destiny ocean, do u? Sorry if its too many questions. And what about 4 days on Freehaven? And on C2, Ive tried to get 419 pts, my best is 411. Ive got the infantry to attack my tank from the wood just beside the mtn, but i still cant get 419 even tho I finish in 4 days! How come? How do you get 7 days on Destiny Ocean? Again sorry if i ask 2 much. On History of hate, on day 3 there's still a 3 hp gunboat left after following all your guidelines, and Waylon doesnt destroy it so it has to be destroyed on day 4. So how do you destroy it on day 3? There's an error in your guide too for that map. You tell us to destroy the closest enemy b-ship with your own b-ship (after attacking it with your sub), and afterwards you've wrote waylon should destroy the gunboat and THAT b-ship with his b-copters. So, obviously you should NOT destroy that b-ship with your own b-ship. But please help on the problem with the 3 hp gunboat that's left.
On hope rising, in the overview you write "Use a Will/Md. Tank and Bomber to mop up Greyfield's forces".
But in the d2d you never tell us to build a bomber. And how do you get 150 pts for technique on hope rising? I always get 135/435 pts when following your guide.
And will you write a 5day d2d for crash landing?
Your whole FAQ/walkthrough took a lot of work to make.
S-rank is easy on Fear Experiment..
What can change the nature of a man?

ALAKTORN

Re: A Day in the Life of a FAQ

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 am

ahahah, he talks about Cyberscore, i wonder who he is... would be lame if it turns out a thought good player was just asking away for strategies...

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 am

I have no idea. He keeps asking about the 3-day Hope Rising win, which I assume was a HQ capture.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:25 am

yeah it is, all the cool people already have that one, so i guess it's some stranger

i got it a year ago so i wouldn't be able to help

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:51 am

To answer the question of this guy

Open the option menu makes the AI decide its movement new and resets the RNG
The actual C14 didn´t work for me neither, i ended putting a Art in Tank Range... Which shall attack on the next day
3 days on C16 isn´t too hard, u capture the HQ with a Mech, u won´t get a good score that way, the guide gives u only 435 pts, to get 450 u must avoid the joining of the Tanks and make the AI build 2 more units
On C2 u destroy the Inf with the Tank on Day 3 and let the Bike suicide to get 419 pts, the D2D is somewhere in the High Score Topic
On History of Hate there´s a mistake on Day 1 u should destroy the Gunboat with ur BShip on Day 1 and not the enemy BShip, btw on Day 3 killing the Sub with the 6HP Cruiser and let Waylon´s Duster kill the Bomber gives u a bit more % for Power, but ain´t enough to give u another point.
For 7 days on Destiny Ocean u need 2 loaded Gunboats to manipulate Lin into building a BShip, she must build a Mech the day before.
Edit: I forgot to say that noone found a way to get 7/450 on Destiny Ocean yet

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:36 am

^Makes me wonder how the RNG is actually set up and whether it's a predictable seed.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:19 pm

In my experience, if you make a save, the RNG is fixed every time you load it.

If you save again, then load, the RNG changes.

This actually seems to be pretty consistent across all the games from what I've seen.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Hrm. Sounds like a linear congruent generator, if you're getting consistent moves for the AI on their turn..and that saving isn't storing the seed.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:50 pm

I KNOW WHO THAT GUY IS, HE JUST EMAILED ME XDDDDD

should be Slazzy, but iirc he was banned from Cyberscore...

STL, he'll probably email you next xD

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Why was he banned?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Fake proofs

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:11 am

That does it.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed May 13, 2009 5:02 am

He's back.
Can you maybe explain in an easy-to-understand way how power and tech works/what it's based on?
On C4, i got the inf to survive but then the 3hp mech NEVER suiciudes on my 5hp mech.. and if its 4hp (the mech), the result ends 1-2 (1 for the recon, 2 for mech). And if i restart i cant ever get the inf to survive no matter what i do :(
Now, I'm frustrated because the first question is in the FAQ, but I'm curious. Is the current rendition of the equations confusing? If so, I could "summarize it" by saying something akin to "for perfect power, make OHKOs while avoiding 3HKOs" and for technique, "build 60% of the opponent's units"?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed May 13, 2009 7:53 am

That would probably help. You'll be surprised how many people aren't comfortable with what (should be) simple mathematics.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 am

I think you're right. On a side note, I don't think the e-mailer understands I don't like receiving multiple e-mails from him with a different thing in each e-mail.
I still dont understand but never mind :(

On History of Hatred, i got 387 pts 2 times. but why exactly do i get 1 pt less than the max score? u say bcause of terrain but i dont understand that? thank you!!!!

Btw, the reason that i dont understand what u wrote is that i feel incredibly bad.. i feel so bad that i can hardly do ANYTHING.. just so u know why i dont understand..

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:36 am

[quote="-STL-"]Fake proofs[/quote]
only 1

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:13 am

Hrm.. who is that guest?

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 am

Slazzy. Yes I know I'll get banned.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Yeah, fake proofs are bad, but if you are sorry it's okay with me. A single misstep doesn't warrant a total aw community ban.
I thought it where you judging from that first post, by the way.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:42 am

I don't get it.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:28 am

What?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Um, what the heck is going on in this topic guys?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Lolhi Slazzy, yeah i remembered bad, it was only 1 fake proof we know off, it were many fake scores, here´s the topic:
http://www.cyberscoreforums.com/index.p ... 432.0.html
But what has it to do with WWN, why should u get banned here? And what is this about feeling bad about anyway?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:21 am

lol @ xen. he asks because i said i'll get banned lol. STL pls be kind. And sorry for offtopic.

1. I swear by God, my ballance scores are real my approved mario party scores too. You said my ballance scores are fake and you doubted my approved mario party scores are real.
2. Cause if you are a known cheater, you can't be trusted. I am a person sent by God, I believe I shalt not have problems with you. I have the highest charisma in the world, but then I have torturing illness. Yeah, sorry for going offtopic.
3. Torturing illness.
4. Xen: nothing bad. Believe in my charisma.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:08 am

It´s okay, u took the consequence for what u did on CS/VGR, i have nothing personal against u.
I don´t get what u talk about charisma, anyway u have questions about DoR?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:23 am

VGR? Thanks. Maybe you don't know charisma? Answer the Q in the highscores topic. I dont want to try restarting, cause it took forever to get the mech to have the required HP, but i could. How do you get 5 days on the creeper? ANy help on how to clear jay islands? There's more but i can't remember. I SUCK at video games. haha.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:25 am

Help me with 3 days on Hope Rising

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:52 am

All those emails are mine. So u blong 2 this cruel and disgusting world too? (sorry for offtopic)

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:54 am

@dragonite how could you feel that it was me? ydkm

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Next time please don't quadruple post.

There's a nice option on these boards called 'registered posting'. If you need to edit your posts, be sure to register an account first.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 am

Help with 5 days on c10

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:02 am

5 days on C10 are hard and not very interesting, ur Score will be low u will need a lot of bait to keep the dangerous units away from HQ and from ur Cap Inf.
The more interresting thing on this map is that u can not loose the Eastmost Inf, but u will need a lot of Bait here too and it´s not clear if we can get the capture w/o any losses that way...

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 am

Guest wrote:@dragonite how could you feel that it was me? ydkm

Because you are the one person who would make such a short post saying that it was only one fake proof.
Nobody else would know for sure.
It was just logical thinking.

And I seem to have, somehow, confused everyone...

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Xenesis, it seems the person I was talking about in my e-mails is the mysterious guest here.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi dragonite: I thought you ment my first email.