AW1 player, should I move to AW2, AWDS or AWDoR?

Talk about the shiny-new post-apocalyptic Advance Wars game here.
APC4

AW1 player, should I move to AW2, AWDS or AWDoR?

Post by APC4 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:36 am

Hi everyone :gesalute:

I played AW1 a long time ago and there is no need to say I loved that game. Now I want to play AW again, but I would prefer to try a new game. I know its matter of opinion, but I would like to know which game would be a better option for me, AW2:BHR, AW:DS and AW:DoR are an option, but I don't know which one would I enjoy more.

I am not really into multiplayer, but that doesn't mean I limit myself to the camping or the war room, I also like to play in the VS maps or create my own.
From what I have heard and read DS sounds a little too broken for my tastes, but since I have not played it I can really tell, but if no game is seriously balanced don't worry, as I said I use to fight the cpu, I never choose an overpowered CO (usually go with the standard), and if my opponent is someway broken at least I know it will provide some challenge.

Well, thank you, I hope I can get to hear your opinions

:miss: P.S. Sorry, but other than the Help sub forum I failed to find a general forum, so I opted for the one that seemed more active, sorry if this provides some problem

JimmyKuddo

Re: AW1 player, should I move to AW2, AWDS or AWDoR?

Post by JimmyKuddo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:07 pm

I recommend DoR.

See the link below for more opinions.

http://www.advancewarsnet.com/forums/in ... wtopic=987

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:21 pm

If you aren't very much into multiplayer, then I'm not sure if DoR should be your first choice. DoR is pretty heavily designed around multiplayer. AWDS, on the other hand, has an extensive single-player content that should keep you occupied for a long time. I say if you're looking for single-player, AWDS is the game to get.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

89305092R

Post by 89305092R » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:03 pm

I'd advocate Days of Ruin myself. I was disappointed with AW2 for the poorer visuals, and (for me) the new modes and campaign in Dual Strike were all a bit too easy. DoR felt most like AW1 in terms of the sort of things you could do, and the new unit and CO systems are pretty impressive.
When adventure knocks, answer the door.
When war comes calling, hit the floor.

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:06 am

Well, for single Player AW:Dor isn't that great (not even an advance/hard campaign), and you can't choose COs for the missions. AWDS is broken if you play tag games, but with Single Co games it works well and has a lot of single player content (but both Campaign and Hard Campaign are easy (besides crystal calamity)). AW2 is a nice game, it has the longest Campaign(23-34 Missions) and Hard Campaign is challenging in some missions (but FAR easier than AW1). I can recommend both AW2 and AWDS, but I think DS would be better because of improved AI-behaviour, so you'll have more of a challenge in VS-Mode (you can also play 1CO vs 2COs, which can be a real challenge sometimes) If you want to know more about these Games you can also PM me and I tell you everything you want to know :wink:

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:02 am

for continuation of story from AW1 - AW2
for grinding to unlock crap - AW3
for multiplayer and story mode - AW4