Online Play

Talk about the shiny-new post-apocalyptic Advance Wars game here.
LukEdge

Online Play

Post by LukEdge » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:29 am

I managed to get Days of Ruin working online. I'm looking for volunteer(s) to test out entire matches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRgDrmO2k4

Let me know if you're interested, you'll need:
Preferably:
-a DS with a flashcard (I don't know if the 3DS can play DS games online, but if it does then it's valid), plus a wireless router with internet access, and access to said router (as you have to either disable the password protection for the wireless network, or set it to WEP since the DS can't use WPA... if you find this too complicated but you have everything listed, then I think I'll be able to help you set it up if you feel you can't by yourself)
OR
-a PC that can emulate AWDoR decently, and a wired connection on it (apparently this doesn't work with wireless connections, but if you want to try I'd help you anyways, as I want to test stuff out)

I'm not sure if there are issues with playing between the US and EU versions of the game, but if there are, well, that's what these tests are for.

Add me on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/lukedge/
If interested, or we can figure something else out if you don't use Steam. (maybe Skype or something)

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'll be travelling this weekend, and I'll also be travelling next weekend, just a heads up.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: Online Play

Post by Xenesis » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:02 am

Oh hey, that's fantastic news. :)

How's this work - Nintendo Wifi Connection custom servers? I'd be willing to help test (I have both a DS setup and can emulate), although it'll be waiting until my internet is repaired (probably next week sometime).
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

LukEdge

Re: Online Play

Post by LukEdge » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:30 am

Correct, custom online servers. The DS setup is the better choice, but in theory PC should work just as well. Feel free to contact me whenever on Steam/PMs, etc. (I just dont know how long I'll take to reply).

I want to test things out first in various setups, and then I"ll make a guide for it. Again, I'm travelling, so I'll only be able to do it on monday (and in the 24th I'll travel again), but hey, it's not as if Nintendo could close down these servers, heh.