Calling out crumpets

Talk about the shiny-new post-apocalyptic Advance Wars game here.
GipFace

Calling out crumpets

Postby GipFace » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:31 am

Why does this game attract so many people who

1) talk about pvp but refuse to play (I don't care if you refuse to play, just don't talk pvp then)
    2) cower when I ask for facts/real math to back up their crumpets

Oh right, here's the game if you're interested

Sven

Re: Calling out crumpets

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:40 am

the game is hard duh jesus man how many times do we have to go over this gip

i spent 200+ hours learning to move tiny little men around five minutes at a time on AWBW and now you want me to play with $1500 men and to earn my power?

jeeeeeeeeeeez

GipFace

Postby GipFace » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:47 am

Also I suppose haters hate me because they're still bitter about my poking fun at the person-who-shall-not-be-named

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Dragon Fogel » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:20 am

While that is the most significant thing, there are lots of day-to-day choices you make to be an obnoxious person. Example: this thread. Essentially all this person said is they don't like you, and they went out of their way to be as polite about it as possible and try not to make it into a big deal. Oh no, how terrible.

Also, alluding to a thing after you said you wouldn't bring it up again is kind of missing the point behind not bringing it up again.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

GipFace

Postby GipFace » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 am

Someone wanted to commentate a game. I spent precious CPU cycles encoding that game replay and uploading it. I granted his wish and then he found some silly excuse to chicken out. There's no obligation, but people like him are why there's an entire subreddit dedicated to calling people out.

Or would you rather shower attention-seekers with praise, like this guy who said he was working on an Advance Wars clone, got lots of feel-good comments, then admitted the screenshot was photoshopped, then never appeared again? I posted some helpful comments there, but it was all a waste of time.

Now I'll just be short and succinct and call out crumpets as it happens.

Joey

Postby Joey » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:29 am

i can't imagine even considering becoming part of a small community if it looked like gip was a seriously prominent member of it

i might just find another game

I granted his wish and then he found some silly excuse to chicken out.
you seem to be providing a really excellent excuse for him to not want to work with you
"Unakau has nicked off. And there was much rejoicing."

GipFace

Postby GipFace » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:45 am

Joey wrote:you seem to be providing a really excellent excuse for him to not want to work with you

After uploading the replay, my work was done. If he's too immature to just take the replay at face value and simply provide commentary, that's his choice.

I respect people who actually contribute to the community, not people who troll around with empty comments and fake projects. ALAKTORN helped me with the AW4 speedrun and I have nothing but praise there.

Joey wrote:i can't imagine even considering becoming part of a small community if it looked like gip was a seriously prominent member of it

You have 5X the amount of posts than me and your account is newer. Pot, meet kettle.

Joey

Postby Joey » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:56 am

I hope that if another game somehow comes out, everyone other than Gip thinks long and hard about what a presence like this can do to the online following of a game. I'd wager that he has something to do with the fact that he's one of the only people who still plays.

You have 5X the amount of posts than me and your account is newer. Pot, meet kettle.

1. That's not how that idiom works. 2. I've been around here longer than you've been seriously prominent. I'm already here.
"Unakau has nicked off. And there was much rejoicing."

GipFace

Postby GipFace » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:09 pm

I have a wi-fi t-shirt and you don't

Also if you think I actually influenced the online presence of the game, LOL. People would've quit playing the game with or without my influence

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Postby Xenesis » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:17 pm

Alright, that's enough of this pissing contest.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Return to “Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict General”