CO & Base Damage Chart [Updated with MORPHING chart!]

Talk about the shiny-new post-apocalyptic Advance Wars game here.
Rank: Lord of Children Games

Post by GipFace » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:14 am

You're right.

Missile targets:

13 infantry ($19500)
12 mechs ($30000)
4 mechs ($10000)
2 rockets ($30000)

They're all spaced far enough so that none of them overlap. Five trials for each test.

13 infantry vs. 12 mechs
3x infantry
2x mechs

12 mechs vs. 2 rockets
5x mechs

4 mechs vs. 2 rockets
5x mechs

13 infantry vs. 12 mechs vs. 4 mechs vs. 2 rockets
5x infantry

It's not conclusive, so it'll need much more testing.


Post by shoe-sama » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 am

defense is incorrect on damage formula at bottom

only terrain def scales, unless they changed it

basically terrain adds +hp def
and regular def doesn't change


Post by shoe-sama » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:12 am

if you meant attacker's hp then you should've put it in front lol

Rank: Lord of Children Games

Post by GipFace » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:43 pm

Yeah. I thought it was fairly straightforward.

Anyway, is anyone willing to put more testing into Tabitha's COP? I'll update the damage chart when we have concrete proof as to how it targets.

User avatar

Post by Sven » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:38 am

I'm going to make a guess after doing a bit of testing.

The game, on COP activation, does a HP missile and cost missile search starting from the y and x = 0, and then proceeding right until x ends. it goes onto the next row and continues until it has scanned the whole board. at this point, it has two potential shot locations. the HP missile, and the cost missile

after the board has been scanned, it chooses between launching either the HP or the cost missile depending on where the center point of the missiles are on the board. the northern most one is where the missile fires. in case of a tie, it fires on the western most one. it will always do this, regardless of reloading.

if you need clarification just ask and i'll try and explain better

Rank: Lord of Children Games

Post by GipFace » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:46 pm

All right. The exact specification doesn't really matter in a reference chart like this. If you activate Tabitha's COP, you won anyway.

Chart updated to version F. There are some major corrections, so please have a look at the changelog.

User avatar
Location: La La Land

Post by GaoGaoStegosaurus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:28 pm

GipFace wrote:Swapped positions of Seaplane and Duster for easier comparison against Bomber.
If you're swapping them for the sake of convenience, then why not position them in this order: Fighter, Duster, Sea Plane, and Bomber? :o
AWDoR FC: 077433-428775


"Dimensional index rising, nonlinear oscillator producing fluid bifur...BOOM!" - Penny

Rank: Lord of Children Games

Post by GipFace » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:11 pm

There's a method to the madness of ordering units:

1. Land, air, then sea
2. Subsorted into directs, indirects, and "cannot attack" units
3. All units that rely on a secondary weapon are grouped together
4. All tanks are grouped together
5. Air units are ordered in defensive strength. Fighter has the most defense, t-copter has the least. This makes the antiair/missiles/fighter/cruiser/carrier values easy to read. Seaplane has more defense than duster, therefore it goes first.
6. With the exception of air because of rule 5, units are sorted by cost, except missiles. Missiles are placed near the bottom for easier comparison against fighter.

Based on rule 5, the duster and seaplane needed to be switched. Since the duster has less defense than the seaplane and bomber, it has to be placed after.

Rank: Lord of Children Games

Re: CO and Base Damage Chart (56k Warning)

Post by GipFace » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:39 am

The chart has been updated to version G, which is likely the final version of the chart. I'm not going to bother with a European version unless someone specifically requests it.

User avatar
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: War Room Legend
Location: In your base, killing your d00ds

Re: CO and Base Damage Chart (56k Warning)

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:43 am

What changed?
What can change the nature of a man?

Rank: Lord of Children Games

Re: CO and Base Damage Chart (56k Warning)

Post by GipFace » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Version G was given to prior to the finals match in order to encourage better discussion. This was how Norm knew that there was a luck roll involved while he was explaining the damage formula, and how Scot thought the Duster wasn't too powerful. I forgot to upload it until now.

None of the damage values changed. The main addition was extra information about luck and HP vs. health at the bottom of the chart. This was a contingency plan in case one of my units did +2 HP projected damage (e.g. 65% = 8 HP damage) and I had to explain the anomaly, since anyone not knowing the formula would raise an eyebrow. Also, Brenner's COP description was updated with the note that it heals loaded units. Hey, it might be useful...

User avatar
Rank: Cussing Aussie
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: CO and Base Damage Chart (56k Warning)

Post by Terragent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:09 am

Huh, so luck has been increased from the older games. By 1 point, but increased nonetheless.

User avatar

Re: CO and Base Damage Chart (56k Warning)

Post by Sven » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:18 am


User avatar
Location: Oblivion

Re: CO and Base Damage Chart (56k Warning)

Post by Delta_Angelfire » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:24 am

Just a slight addition to the damage formula. I've been playing around with low defense values for fun and it seems that Luck damage gets added directly to base damage in the formula. For example, full hp, 100% atk infantry vs full hp, 20% def MD tank yields ~ 25 - 75 damage (at least as far as I can tell from the animations) and infantry have a chance to ohko 10% defense wartanks. Anyway that gives me:

(Base Damage + Luck) * (HP/10) * (Total Attack) / (Total Defense)

Not sure about the applicable usefulness of this, but there it is.

EDIT found a specific example: 90 matchups (i.e. Arty vs Infantry) in a 90% matchup, theres a 1in10 chance to ohko the opposing unit if there are no bonuses, however, if there is even a 10% defense bonus (even if there's a +10% attack bonus to match it) that unit will never be ohkoed (damage = 99-109 vs def of 110).

This could have a more significant effect on battles with custom/"balanced" COs since we can make attack and defence boosts in 1% incrememnts rather than the standard 10% for IS COs..

Rank: Lord of Children Games

Re: CO & Base Damage Chart [Updated with MORPHING chart!]

Post by GipFace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:39 am

Updated the OP with the MORPHING chart. Huzzah!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Multivac [Bot] and 0 guests