Single-Player Maps High Scores and Strategy

Talk about the shiny-new post-apocalyptic Advance Wars game here.
ALAKTORN

Re: Single-Player Maps High Scores and Strategy

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:29 pm

-STL- wrote:Time Map 10/450 :)
congrats ^^

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:22 am

I'm going to presume the randomness makes it difficult to get an exact strategy. Make it up as you go along and have a goal in mind.
What can change the nature of a man?

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:20 pm

With help from STL and ALAKTORN, I figured out how to 11/450 Tatter River. I haven't seen a full guide yet, so I made one. It's my first DoR guide, so enjoy!

(Credit to ALAKTORN for the method of capturing Blue's HQ, and to STL for Yellow's HQ)
AWDoR Trial Map Guide-Tatter River
Enemy COs: Tasha, Gage, Lin
Player CO: Waylon
150-pt speed Limit (days): 25
Days: 11
Special Conditions: None.

Overview: Rush each of your enemies’ HQs with loaded T-Copters. Surprisingly, the HQ captures can be managed with just a small force: Tasha (Blue) requires 4 Infantry and 2 T-Copters, Gage (Yellow) requires a Duster, Infantry and T-Copter, and Lin (Black) requires a Fighter, 3 Infantry, and 3 T-Copters. Extreme AI abuse is present here: on many days, infantry need to be unloaded from T-Copters, even though they would be loaded onto the same T-Copter the following day, for the sake of influencing the AI.
The power score is gotten by the Fighter OHKOing a B-Copter (or two) and a Duster.
Technique is not an issue since the combined number of units of all enemy armies is much more than yours.

Day 1:
Build 2 Infantry in the eastmost bases.
Build a T-Copter in the eastmost airport.

Day 2:
Load either Infantry into the T-Copter. Move it 1N 5E and drop E.
Move the remaining Infantry 3E.
Build 2 Infantry in the eastmost bases.

Day 3:
Move the eastmost Infantry 3E.
Load the next eastmost Infantry onto the eastmost T-Copter. Move it 6E and drop E.
Load either Infantry into the T-Copter. Move it 1N 5E and drop E.
Move the remaining Infantry 3E.
Build an Infantry in the eastmost base.

Day 4:
Save.
Move the eastmost Infantry 2S 1E.
Load the next eastmost Infantry onto the eastmost T-Copter. Move it 6E and drop N.
Move the next eastmost Infantry 3E.
Load the next eastmost Infantry onto the eastmost T-Copter. Move it 6E and drop N.
Load the remaining Infantry onto the T-Copter. Move it 6S and drop S.

Day 5:
Start capturing Blue’s HQ.
Move the eastmost T-Copter 2N.
Move the eastmost Infantry 3S.
Load the remaining Infantry onto the T-Copter. Move it 5E and drop N.
Load the south Infantry onto the T-Copter. Move it 6S and drop S.
Build a Duster in the eastmost airport.

Enemy Day 5:
The damaged Black infantry on the city must have 5HP.

Day 6:
Finish capturing Blue’s HQ.
Move the Infantry in Blue’s territory 1S 1E.
Move the north T-Copter 5S.
Move the other T-Copter in Blue’s territory 6S.
Move the Duster 6S 2W.
Load the remaining Infantry onto the T-Copter. Move it 1N 5E and drop E.
Build 2 Infantry near your HQ.
Build an Infantry and T-Copter in Blue’s newly-captured southmost base and airport.

Day 7:
Save.
Load all Infantry onto B-Copters.
Move the southmost T-Copter (in Yellow’s territory) 5S and drop W.
Move the Duster 4S 2W.
Move the south T-Copter (in Blue’s territory) 3S and drop W.
Move the north T-Copter 6S and drop E.
Move the last T-Copter 5S and drop S.
Build a Fighter in Blue’s southmost airport.

Enemy Day 7:
Black’s north T-Copter must be over a river.

Day 8:
Start capturing Yellow’s HQ.
Move the Duster 6S 2W.
Move the Infantry on the road 3S and destroy the damaged Infantry.
Load the north Infantry onto the east T-Copter. Move it 4S 2E and drop W.
Move the south T-Copter 4S 2W.
Load the damaged Infantry onto the last T-Copter. Move it 5S and drop W.
CO the Fighter, move it 8S 1W and destroy the B-Copter.

Enemy Day 8:
Black’s Duster must destroy the damaged Infantry.

Day 9:
Finish capturing Yellow’s HQ.
Move the Fighter 5S and destroy the Duster.
Load both Infantries onto T-Copters.
Move the unloaded T-Copter 3S 1W.
Move the east T-Copter 6S and drop S.
Move the last T-Copter 4S 1E and drop S.

Day 10:
Move the Infantry on the airport 2W and start capturing Black’s HQ.
Move the T-Copter 1N of Black’s airport 1S 3W.
Move the T-Copter over the river 2S 2E.
Load the damaged Infantry onto the last T-Copter. Move it 2S 1E and drop S.
Move the Fighter 3S 2E and attack the B-Copter.

Day 11:
Finish capturing Black’s HQ.

p.s. The first time I 11/450'ed this map, I managed to cause Black to build a Duster instead of Recon+T-Copter+Infantry, but I haven't managed to reproduce that.
edit: I found out that on Day 7, I could drop the southmost Infantry on a Plains and the B-Copter would always go for it over the city Infantry, so the guide has been updated to include this. Less luck is needed.
Last edited by DxDyDzD on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 pm

ehm, it was me who found the Blue HQ Cap, not STL

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm

No problem, fixed.
The main site listed only STL in the credits so I used that.

edit to avoid double posting: Bounty River 14/450
I've worked out what enemy movements may screw the capture, so I can capture the HQ quite consistently now (thrice, all 450 without improvising). Contrary to popular belief, this map is not completely random. It's just that small changes in enemy movements go unnoticed, such as the Day 5 Lander/Artillery movement.

AWDoR Trial Map Guide-Bounty River
Enemy CO: Isabella
Player CO: Penny
150-pt speed Limit (days): 15
Days: 14
Overview: Use a Rig to quickly capture the eastern port, and use that port to build a Gunboat for the capture, and a Carrier to provide Seaplanes. The Gunboat is COed to provide boosts for the Seaplanes, enabling them to 2HKO a Battleship more easily, and to OHKO a Mech. In response to Isabella landing a Tank and Md. Tank near your HQ, build Anti-Tanks to fend them off. Use the Rig to lure the Md. Tank away from your bases, thus denying her units a CO zone boost. When she lands an Infantry, use an Anti-Air to destroy it and raise your Power score.
Use your CO zone as much as you can to improve Power. On Day 11, you can have both Seaplanes attack from inside the CO zone, which makes it easier to destroy the Battleship. On Day 12, you must attack the Mech before moving the Gunboat, as the CO zone provides the boost necessary to destroy the Mech.
The Power score breakdown (worst case scenario) is as follows:
45: Seaplane attacks Battleship
145: Seaplane destroys Battleship
197: Zone Lv. 1 Seaplane destroys Mech
167: 9HP Anti-Tank destroys Tank
205: Anti-Air destroys Infantry
Final score: 151 (which rounds down to 150).
Even in the worst case scenario, you have full Power. There are some ways to increase your Power (in case you're paranoid), but note that it cannot exceed 150:
1) Destroying an Infantry with a Seaplane on Day 10 adds 190. However, a lot of luck is needed to make the OHKO. I don't recommend trying.
2) Attacking the Battleship with Seaplanes inside the CO zone increases the base damage to 49%, so the 45 and 145 above can be replaced with 49 and 149 respectively.
3) If the Anti-Tank is at full health when it attacks the Tank, replace 167 with 175.
4) Destroying the Lander with a zone Lv. 2 Seaplane on Day 14 adds 202.
5) You can delete the CO Gunboat on Day 13 and CO the Anti-Air on Day 14. Destroying the Infantry with the CO Anti-Air replaces 205 with 236.
For Technique, you build only 10 units and lose 1 (a Rig). Isabella builds about 27 units, which is more than twice the magnitude of your army.

Day 1:
Build a Rig in the southwest of the trio of bases in a line.
Build an Infantry in the middle of the trio of bases.

Day 2:
Load the Infantry onto the Rig. Move the Rig 6E.

Enemy Day 2:
Isabella must build an Infantry, Lander and Mech.

Day 3:
Move the Rig 6E and drop N.

Day 4:
Move the Infantry 3N and start capturing the port.
Save.

Day 5:
Finish capturing the port.

Enemy Day 5:
Isabella’s Lander must move 1S 1W and drop both Infantry.
Isabella’s Artillery must move southwest.

Day 6:
Move the Infantry 1S.
Build a Gunboat at the captured port.
Save.

Day 7:
Load the Infantry onto the Gunboat. CO the Gunboat and move it 1N 6W.
Build a Carrier in the captured port.

Day 8:
Move the Gunboat 2N 5W.
Build a Seaplane in the Carrier.

Enemy Day 8:
Isabella must move her War Tank 4E and build a Lander in her eastern port.

Day 9:
Save.
Move the Gunboat 5N 2E.
Launch the Seaplane 7N.

Day 10:
Move the Gunboat 7E.
Move the north Seaplane 2N.
Launch the other Seaplane 3N 3E.
Move the Carrier 3N 2E.

Enemy Day 10:
Isabella must move her Anti-Air all the way east or northwest.
It is recommended that she moves her Battleship 5W to attack the Gunboat. The guide for the next day will assume she does so. If she does not, simply destroy the Battleship without the CO zone boost. Make sure that the finishing blow is made east of the Battleship.

Day 11:
Move the Gunboat 7E.
Move the north Seaplane 1S 2E and attack the Battleship.
Move the south Seaplane 6N and destroy the Battleship.
Build 2 Anti-Tanks in the NE and middle bases of the trio.

Enemy Day 11:
Isabella should build a Md. Tank in the middle base of the middle landmass.

Day 12:
Save.
Launch the Seaplane 2N 5E.
Move the Lv. 1 Seaplane 1N 2E and destroy the Mech.
Move the other Seaplane 5S and load it onto the Carrier.
Move the Gunboat 6E and drop E.
Move the Carrier 1N.

Enemy Day 12:
If Isabella has no units that can reach her HQ (the Md. Tank and possibly Anti-Air will be just out of range), and doesn’t build a Tank near her HQ bases, you have the win already. All that’s left is to improve your Power score. If she can attack the capturing Infantry, reload and try again.

Day 13:
Start capturing Isabella’s HQ.
Destroy the Tank with the middle Anti-Tank.
Move the north Anti-Tank 2E.
If the Seaplane 1E of the middle base of the middle landmass is damaged, move it 2N and join the north Seaplane to it. Otherwise, you don’t need to move any of the Seaplanes or the Carrier.
Build an Anti-Air in the NE base of the trio.

Day 14:
Destroy the Infantry with the Anti-Air.
If possible, destroy the Lander with the Lv.2 Seaplane from inside the CO zone.
Finish capturing Isabella’s HQ.

Additional notes:
Yes, you build only 10 units. You don't need to capture properties to have sufficient funding for your Carrier and Seaplanes. Your starting income, plus the 1000G from capturing the middle port, is enough.
Lesser-known fact: Destroying a loaded unit e.g. Lander loaded with War Tank causes the magnitude of the enemy army to be lowered by the number of units that were in the transport unit. Destroying the Lander will lower your "theoretical" Tech, but not below 150. However, this comes up in other maps as well, for example C13: killing a Carrier it's while loaded with a Seaplane drops your Tech...
Day 2: The Inf+Lander+Mech build is much more common than the Md. Tank build, so I stuck with that. I haven't tested what would happen if the Md. Tank was built, but I don't think it's necessary because it's so rare.
Day 5: The Lander movement is important because it causes an east port Bship build, instead of middle port. The Art movement is important because it avoids having the Art cover the HQ when capturing.
Day 8: The Lander must be built on this day, if Isabella builds a Sub then you must reload. I noticed that this happens if the War Tank goes 2N 1E instead of 4E.
Day 10: The Bship movement only determines whether your Seaplanes get a CO zone boost. Without the boost it's harder to 2HKO the Bship.
If the AA moves 6E, you have the opportunity to join your Seaplanes later to avoid crashing from lack of fuel.
Your Day 12: The Carrier must move 1N to avoid a Tank build near the HQ. The AI loves to build War Tank+Md. Tank in the middle when I move the Carrier 1N.

Well, I've written 2 guides for maps ending in "River" already, but I won't be able to do Web River because I haven't beat Comb Map yet. :?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:15 am

Good job. From your comments it seems you found a better Bounty River strat.

"Lesser-known fact: Destroying a loaded unit e.g. Lander loaded with War Tank causes the magnitude of the enemy army to be lowered by the number of units that were in the transport unit. Destroying the Lander will lower your "theoretical" Tech, but not below 150. However, this comes up in other maps as well, for example C13: killing a Carrier it's while loaded with a Seaplane drops your Tech..."

That´s not exactly true. If you want to be correct, Tech is the rate from your units+lost units to the Enemy Units you destroyed by rout and by HQ Capture.
So yeah a loaded Unit is only counted as 1 destroyed Unit, while when you capture a HQ while the Enemy has loaded Units it, you won´t "lose" it as it counts as 2 (or 3) remaining Units in the stats.

I wrote openings for Comb Map and Web River.
I know 17 days are possible for Comb Map for my strat, but this map is the most random so i haven´t reached it yet. I was close though when i got Caulder and a 10-9 cap on Greyfield...
For Web River 14 are surely possible and probably even lower.
I would also be interested if you can get a cap quick on Blue in Jay islands.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:19 pm

I was referring to this post on page 23:
Translucent Air wrote:Essentially, the hypothesis is that the number of enemy units destroyed inside transports is subtracted from the total number of enemy units deployed. The net effect on Technique is as if those units were never deployed by the enemy. I haven't yet fully tested for all requisite and related cases, so I can't say for certain that the hypothesis is correct, but it does seem entirely reasonable given how the calculation works.
If I understood TA correctly, if you destroy a loaded unit by attacking it (units also blow up in a 3/4P map when you capture their controller's HQ, but this doesn't count), the magnitude of the enemy army is decreased by (number of units in the transport).

Also, meteor attacks don't count for Power, right? Otherwise T28 Plasma Bubble wouldn't be 450.

Large/4P maps are difficult to write D2Ds for because they seem to be very random, but I already know that Tatter River and Bounty River are quite consistent. That said, not every map is predictable, for example C20 Waylon Flies Again and T27 Time Map.

Maps with Fog of War are very, very bad because you can't see what the AI is doing. Jay Islands combines a huge map with Fog, making it a complete nightmare. On the other hand, you can use Fog to your advantage because the AI needs 1 unit to spot the Seaplane guarding the capturing Inf, and 1 unit to shoot down the Seaplane. In fact AAs 2HKO Seaplanes so maybe it's not as bad as I thought. Still, I hate having to defend against both Submarines and lander-transported Md. Tanks.

Comb Map, Web River, Jay Islands and Fragment Isles definitely could do with a full D2D (if possible). The late Campaign maps also need guides, or figuring out how swifty managed his scores.

btw, for Comb Map, did you try deleting the CO Mech and redeploying to boost the Bike's defense? I can't see how the Mech would be useful after Yellow's initial assault due to low movement. Alternatively you can try to charge your COP to heal the Bike after it's damaged. With a COP, you don't need to suicide the other Bike, so Power is easier to keep.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah as i said TA´s definiton of Tech is not correct. Tech is your units + your lost units compared to the Enemy you destroyed and not the Enemy units deployed.
It makes sense as otherwise you would have auto 150 Tech on a 4P map.
And yeah Meteor attacks doesn´t count for Power.

Comb Map is the only one map that is too random for a full D2D. General outline yes but D2D can only work for the first days. Every try will be different here.
On Comb Map i can´t delete my CO Mech as he captures Caulder´s HQ. That´s why i also can´t use COP on Day 17.

Deploy maps only get random on later days. On Jay Islands, Blue is quite consistent. Black and Yellow will be much random i guess but at this time you will have enough Seaplanes for it not matter.

On Web River it depended on luck if the yellow HQ is free IIRC after you appealed as much as possible NE with Mechs and Infs. Then charge COP and storm black´s HQ.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:11 am

If you mean that an enemy HQ capturing another enemy's HQ/ routing the other enemy doesn't cause the defeated army to be added to Tech, then yes, I know that already. Not that the AI is smart enough to do that anyway. There isn't a map where an AI actually defeats another AI, is there?

Could you write the D2D for Web River for future reference?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:38 am

That´s all the info i now have over Web River:

"I´m working on Web river atm, found a way to cap Blue in 8 days and Yellow in 10 days, but taking down Brenner is harder then ever. I want to finish the map in about 16-18 days."

Blue was capped by Day 1 Infs (2 or 3), then APC+Inf for Yellow, Woods near HQ will be helpful. Northeast i send CO Mech by APC and some more Infs/Mech.
I think i deleted the CO Mech then and charged COP south.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Fragment Isles 13/450
The first time I played this map I got 15/450 (using swifty's guide). Then I cut it down to 14...and with further improvement, 13. That seems like the minimum to me, since you can't start attacking Yellow for real until Day 11.
This map is random, but there is a way out of every situation (as long as Yellow's B-Copter is at full health, and Blue doesn't build an Anti-Air). I have tried to detail as many of them as I could in my guide.

AWDoR Trial Map Guide-Fragment Isles
Enemy CO: Isabella, Lin, Brenner
Player CO: Penny
150-pt speed Limit (days): 15
Days: 13
Overview: Rush each of the enemy HQs with Dusters and loaded T-Copters. A CO Bomber is used to take out some units in one hit and provide much of the Power score.
Black (Brenner) is defeated first by placing your units on his bases, preventing him from building reinforcements to defend his HQ. One Infantry on his HQ island is destroyed and the other is taken out of the fight by his T-Copter.
Blue (Isabella) is defeated next with some help from a Yellow B-Copter. The B-Copter covers one of Blue’s bases and attacks one of Blue’s Infantry, leaving it open to an OHKO from you. The B-Copter is then scared off by bringing your Dusters near it. The CO Bomber joins in, wiping out all of Blue’s units on her HQ island.
Yellow (Lin) is defeated last with some AI abuse. She may have one or two Anti-Airs on her HQ island, but they are more willing to attack B-Copters and Dusters than defenceless T-Copters or Infantry. Thus, you can drop the Infantry on the HQ and have it survive intact, as long as you use a B-Copter to bait the enemy Anti-Air adjacent to it. The Anti-Air is destroyed next turn by the CO Bomber and the remaining units block off the enemy units from attacking your capturing Infantry.
A bit of luck is needed for smooth completion. Yellow’s B-Copter must not be attacked and Blue must not build an Anti-Air. Once Black and Blue are defeated, defeating Yellow depends on how near her B-Copter and Dusters are to her HQ. You can build an Anti-Air on your HQ island to scare them off, or build Infantry on the west island to lure them there.
The Power score breakdown (worst case scenario) is as follows:
50: Duster attacks Infantry
152: Duster destroys 5HP Infantry
51: Lv. 1 Duster attacks Infantry
50: Duster attacks Infantry
154: Lv. 1 Duster destroys 5HP Infantry
206: CO Bomber destroys Infantry
163: Zone Lv. 2 Duster destroys 4HP Infantry
220: CO Bomber destroys Mech
162: Veteran Duster destroys 5HP Infantry
206: CO Bomber destroys Infantry
86: Rockets attack Infantry
159: Duster attacks 2HP Infantry
200: Bomber destroys Anti-Air
210: Bomber destroys Bike
The above adds up to 2069 over 14 attacks. You must make a KO at 81 or more damage percentage for full Power. There are many ways this can be done:
1) On Day 10, if doing so does not cause the B-Copter to move less than 6 spaces, destroy the T-Copter (185).
2) On Day 11, if there is a damaged Bike/Infantry in the north, build an Artillery there and destroy it (or both) (185/190).
3) On Day 11, build a Bomber in Black’s south airport and move it towards Yellow’s HQ. Use it to destroy a Bike (193).
4) On Day 12, build a Bomber in your original north airport and destroy a Bike on Yellow’s west base (210).
5) On Day 12, move the Rockets 2W and destroy the Mech on the shoal on the next day (190). I do not recommend this because a lot of luck is needed for the OHKO.
If the targets described are not present, or the enemy Dusters/B-Copter can attack the unit that you are going to build, you must choose another method.
For Technique, only 9 units are absolutely necessary: two each of Dusters, T-Copters, Infantry, and one each of Bomber, B-Copter and Rockets. The B-Copter may not be lost, which puts the minimum magnitude of your army at 9 units. Additional units may be built, such as 2 Infantry in the west bases (both of which will be destroyed), or units used to improve Power. The maximum magnitude of your army would be 16 (12 built, 4 destroyed-2 Infantry, 1 Duster and 1 B-Copter). Even assuming maximum magnitude, the magnitude of the enemy armies are almost triple yours, so Technique is naturally maxed.

Day 1:
Do nothing, just end your turn.

Day 2:
Build a Duster in the north airport.

Day 3:
Move the Duster 8E.
Build a Duster in the north airport.

Day 4:
Move the east Duster 6E.
Move the other Duster 3N 1E.
Build 2 T-Copters.

Day 5:
Move both Dusters on top of Black’s bases.
Move the north T-Copter 5N.
Move the south T-Copter 5E.

Enemy Day 5:
Yellow’s B-copter must not be attacked.

Day 6:
Attack the Infantry with the east Duster.
Destroy the Infantry with the west Duster.
Move the north T-Copter 4N.
Move the south T-Copter 4E.
Build Infantries in the bases adjacent to the T-Copters.

Enemy Day 6:
Blue should build a Mech (it seems to stop an Anti-Air build).

Day 7:
Save.
Load both Infantries onto the T-Copters.
Move the west T-Copter 3S 3E.
Move the west Duster 2N 4E and attack the Infantry.
Move the south T-Copter 6N and drop S.
Build a Bomber in the north airport.
If your west base is in danger of being captured by Yellow (she has an Infantry ready to be loaded onto a T-Copter just south), build an Infantry there.

Enemy Day 7:
Blue must not build an Anti-Air.

Day 8:
Start capturing Black’s HQ.
Move the unloaded T-Copter 4N 2W.
Move the Duster on the base 3N 3W and attack the Infantry.
Move the other Duster 6W and destroy the Infantry.
Move the T-Copter 4E.
CO the Bomber and move it 4N 3E.
If you built the Infantry on the previous turn, move it 1H and build another Infantry on the west base.

Day 9:
Finish capturing Black’s HQ.
Move the unloaded T-Copter 4S 2E.
Move the damaged T-Copter 2N 1W and drop E.
Move the Bomber 4N 2E and destroy the Infantry.
Move the Lv. 2 Duster 2N and destroy the Infantry.
Move the remaining Duster 1N 2W.
Build a B-Copter in Black’s south airport.

Day 10:
Start capturing Blue’s HQ.
Move the Veteran Duster 1S 5E and destroy the Infantry.
Move the other Duster 1S 7E.
Move the Bomber 1N 1W and destroy the Mech.
Move the damaged T-Copter 2N 4E.
Build Rockets in the east HQ base.
If the B-Copter can move 6 spaces and destroy the enemy T-Copter, do so. Otherwise, move the B-Copter 3S 3W.
Move the T-Copter 2E unless the damaged Blue CO Duster is preventing it from doing so. If so, it must not attack your capturing Infantry or CO Bomber.

Day 11:
Finish capturing Blue’s HQ.
Move the Bomber 6E and destroy the Infantry.
Move the B-Copter to 1E of the Plains Anti-Air.
Attack the Infantry with the Rockets.
Destroy the Infantry from the west with the healthy Duster.
If you need to build any units to boost your Power, do so.

There are two variations in movement here. Follow the instructions which describe Yellow’s current state.

Yellow has 2 Anti-Airs:
Move the damaged Duster to 1N of the Anti-Air on the base.
Move the damaged T-Copter 2S 3E.
Load the other T-Copter, move it to 1S of the HQ and drop the Infantry on the HQ.

Yellow has 1 Anti-Air:
Move the damaged Duster to 1N of the HQ.
Move the damaged T-Copter 3E.
Load the healthy T-Copter, move it to 1S of the HQ and drop the Infantry on the HQ.

Day 12:
Start capturing Yellow’s HQ.
If the B-Copter is alive, move it 1E.
Move the CO Bomber 3E and destroy the Anti-Air.
Move the healthy Duster 1S 2E.

Day 13:
Destroy the Bike/Infantry with the CO Bomber.
Finish capturing Yellow’s HQ.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:01 pm

wow, you capture Black at D9? I remember capturing him at D7 when I tried to improve the 13/450, but after that I had no idea how to continue to capture Blue and Yellow

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:17 am

Yeah that was with B-Cop and T-Cops and so but it seemed to be ineffficent for later use compared to Dusters.
13 days are so easy that 12 shall be doable... somehow...

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:21 am

-STL- wrote:Yeah that was with B-Cop and T-Cops and so but it seemed to be ineffficent for later use compared to Dusters.
13 days are so easy that 12 shall be doable... somehow...
I never built BCs, always Dusters… Black was captured with D1 TC+D2 Duster or D3 Duster IIRC

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:46 am

I've been trying it and D7 cap is incredibly easy with D1 TC+D2 CO Duster, so I'm starting to think I had found a D6 cap and not a D7… but I can't replicate that

edit: started cap on D5 but full HP Inf was adjacent to HQ, I guess my cap was just a D7 which should be possible without COing the Duster so you can build another on D4, I want to get a D6 cap now though :(

started cap with 2 Infs with 3HP, I think I can keep 10HP after one attack but not after two

anyway if you want to try it the only trick you need to know is to build the TC on S Airport and move it 4E, more than that and Black builds AA near HQ

edit: STL found our MSN conversation, here the more important parts:

"this strategy gives 2 Dusters, one of which can attack Blue or Yellow on D6"
"the TC survives with 1HP and Black is captured at D7"
"this gives enough money to have 3 Dusters on D7, one of which CO'd"

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:59 pm

I got 13/450 with the D7 Black capture as well. I didn't CO the Duster on Day 3 because I intended to CO a Bomber instead. The CO Bomber can OHKO AA on plains and Inf/Mech/Bike on HQ.
D2D from memory:
D1: T-Copter in S airport.
D2: T-Copter 4E, build Duster in N airport.
D3: T-Copter 5E, build inf in adjacent base, Duster 8E.
D4: Load inf, move T-Copter and Duster onto Black's bases. Duster must attack inf from east. Build Duster in N airport.
D5: Duster near Black 1N 1W, destroy inf. T-Copter 1E, drop E. Other Duster NE.
D6: Cap HQ, block off Inf with both Dusters/Duster + T-Copter.
D7: Finish HQ cap.
The main problem with this strat is that Blue never seems to move the loaded T-Copter all the way north to bait the Yellow B-Copter. She either drops the Inf near your airports or on the southwest base. So you can capture Black very quickly, but beating Blue will slow you down because she builds an AA (due to Yellow not covering the base).

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Fragment Isles 12/450

Captured Black on Day 7, Yellow on Day 11 and Blue on Day 12.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 pm

How in the blue hell did you do that?
Also, you cap Yellow before Blue? That's new.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Fragment Isles 11/446

Well i block the yellow Bases on Day 6, so he builds only 2 Infs and 1 Bike near HQ.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:16 pm

-STL- wrote:Fragment Isles 11/446
nice work there, good luck for the 450

edit: DxDyDzD your 7D cap is bad, here's how I do it

D1 TC S
D2 TC 4E, Duster N
D3 TC 5E, Duster 8E, build Inf and TC N, this one just moves ahead and closes W Black Base on D5, I won't track its movements
D4 TC 6N drop S, Duster on HQ attack S Inf
D5 attack other Inf from N, TC NE enough to block Yellow Base, start Cap
Inf must keep 9HP
D6 continue Cap, block Yellow Bases
D7 finish Cap

this is also what Julian does, of course with some other units built in between

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 am

Ok got 11/450. This is a maximum i can finally be happy with.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:14 am

-STL- wrote:Ok got 11/450. This is a maximum i can finally be happy with.
pro

edit: been trying Jay Islands quick cap, started Blue cap on D6 but got pulverized right after, somebody find it already plz

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Did we ever get a D2D for C6 Fear Experiment btw?

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 am

I think for that one I wrote a partial D2D? then STL followed it or changed something and tied SwifTy's score

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:04 am

For sh!ts and giggles... this one I'm really happy about.

C25 Lab Rats - 9/416 S150 P150 T116

Only unit built was a t-copter. Sent 3 t-copters and the air force straight to the HQ. Yeah, it's not the highest score, but it's the fastest by far. Screw you Tabitha~

*cackles*

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 am

nice job with that :0 my 9 days win had a horrible score, and I presume STL's wasn't that good either

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:07 pm

NOOOO my score is 9/415. I didn't build anything.
Good to see that you maxed power. If you didn't build the T-Copter, you could gain a few points in Tech.
BTW how many units did you lose? I remember getting almost everything near the enemy HQ destroyed, but the Inf was safe because the only units that could reach it were Fighters (As in the 20000G US one, not the 13000G EU one). :D

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:09 am

Do you mind sharing a guideline on how to do it? I know you have to trash all the missiles before Will shows up, but that's about it...

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:09 am

-STL- wrote:Ok got 11/450. This is a maximum i can finally be happy with.
can someone update this in the first post? not sure if other scores were missed

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:36 am

Updated.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:43 pm

http://www.warsworldnews.com/index.php? ... /dort7.php

that strategy is by me and STL, not STL only

I made the first HQ Capture and he continued it to the second

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon May 09, 2011 7:28 am

I'll go and fix it. I'll make a note to change it in my FAQ...

Oh God, did I lose it?

Asrial

Post by Asrial » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:45 pm

You guys are absolutely amazing at this game. Seriously.

I'm up to trial map 24 and I got it down to an 11 days 445 score and I'm thinking to myself.. there's no way it can be better than that..

..and here I see it can be done in 7 ;)

It definitely requires a change in 'perception' and being able to continue thinking about other strategies even while working on a successful one.

My method involved ending every turn until I could build a fighter for the power score and then sending in a t-copter.

Clear

Post by Clear » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey guys, I'm back with a "nicer than usual" run of Lab Rats.
C25 Lab Rats 14/411

I think I should have went after the full health War Tank under the factory, so Tabi-WarTank right after Tabi-Fighter bit it, but if I did went for it, it would affect the power score. (Can't kill it) Basic strategy is just to cluster them all together, and maiming her air forces with a missile in the middle.

If she puts herself in the Fighter, the score is set. Duster seems to be a bit bad since she likes to throw herself into the ball and die, then puts herself in a WTank or something.

What's the record on days with Lab Rats?

STL

Post by STL » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:16 am

The days record for Lab rats is 9 days : http://cyberscore.me.uk/chart-38220.php.

Clear

Post by Clear » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:39 am

I'd imagine the Speed Score has a lot to do with this, as with Day 14, the speed score is at 120.

Technique is fine, it's at 148, when I thought I build more than I should. I build 2 Bombers, and a Fighter, so that I would be able to clean her dusters and her CO Fighter when she pounces. The only things that got destroyed are the inital Tank, Duster, and East Md Tank; and the only real casualties is the air unit (be it a bomber or fighter), when her CO Fighter hits.

What did you do to move faster? On Day 5, I get both the north and south forces in the center, is that too slow?

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:40 am

the 9 days win is a massive suicide while a loaded T-Copter goes for the HQ, it’s not good for high scoring

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:13 pm

I've picked up the game again. Maybe I can get off my ass and figure out some of swifty's scores.

Jay Islands will never cease to amaze me. How did he do that?

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:47 pm

DxDyDzD wrote:Bounty River strategy
On day 2, Catleia/Isabella never builds an Infantry, Mech and Lander for me, why? Also the later enemy movements don't agree with the guide either, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.