Single-Player Maps High Scores and Strategy

Talk about the shiny-new post-apocalyptic Advance Wars game here.
DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Re: Single-Player Maps High Scores and Strategy

Postby DTaeKim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 am

When I have time to do so. Where do the new records begin?
What can change the nature of a man?

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:44 am

DTaeKim wrote:When I have time to do so. Where do the new records begin?

3 to add:

Metro Island 6/450 by me

Web River 15/450 by STL also C5 5/448 by STL

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Dragon Fogel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:46 am

Updated.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:44 am

Hey guys, do you guys mind posting that Jay Islands D2D (or at least a half way one)? It takes me way too long to do the "normal" way. I have a S Rank, but I like at least a 400+ score

Also, I have followed that Web River one, I can cap Isabella fine, but Brenner just has these indirect attackers that holds me back, the same with Lin.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Postby DTaeKim » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 am

I'm not aware of a Jay Islands D2D.

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:20 pm

DTaeKim wrote:I'm not aware of a Jay Islands D2D.

I think there is an opening D2D way way back somewhere in this topic

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:21 am

For Jay Island there´s a D2D but the basic outline from it should be enough. Make a Co BShip, then a Carrier with Seaplanes destroy the Enemies, block the Enemy Bases and protect your capture with them. Make 1 Cruiser at some point too, i think after capturing blue. I got it in 27 days (31 days following the D2D), Swifty´s record is 25 though.

For Web River you should capture Lin as 2nd. D1 Infs capture Isabella by foot, D2 Inf+APC goes for Lin. I sent some Mechs/Ins NE to appeal all of Lin´s units north. The wood near Lin´s HQ will be helpful^^ After that i stormed Brenner´s HQ with my COP.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Postby DTaeKim » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Seriously? I've missed it after all these years.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Postby DTaeKim » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:10 pm

I still can't find this guide. Are you sure it's in this topic?

-STL-

Re:

Postby -STL- » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Unkown1800 wrote:T15 - Jay Islands - 30 Days - 450 Points

Unfortunately, since the AI build varies too much, I can't write a decent D2D strat (except for the start), but I can try to give the idea:

Day 1: Build 2 Bikes
Day 2: Move N Bike 5E and S Bike 4E1N.
Day 3: Move N Bike 2E2S and S Bike 4E1S. Both should start capturing.
Day 4: Both Bikes finish capturing. Build a Battleship.
Day 5: Move W Bike 3E1N1S and E Bike 1N2E2S.
Day 6: Here's where things get tricky. Load CO onto Battleship and move it 4S1E. Move N Bike 4S1W and S Bike 3S2W.
Day 6 Enemy Movement: Greyfield should bring up an Artillery into the Battleship's view. If this doesn't happen, restart the day.
Day 7: Move Battleship 2E and destroy Artillery. Move W Bike 3W1S and E Bike 5W. Both should start capturing.
Day 8: Move Battleship 4E1N. Both Bikes should finish capturing. Build a Carrier.
Day 8 Enemy Movement: Sometimes Waylon may move an Infantry into view of your most eastern City, hence the need to move the Battleship before.
Day 9: Two things can happen.
If Waylon moved an Infantry into view the turn before:
- Move Battleship 1N and destroy it.
- Move Carrier 2S.
If not,
- Move Carrier 4S1E. Move Battleship 3W2S and destroy Rockets.
Regardless of which one is the case, move N Bike 3E1S and S Bike 1E1S and have both start capture. Build one Rig.
Day 9 Enemy Movement: If Waylon didn't move an Infantry into view the turn before, he'll move it into the Bikes' range. Also, Grayfield may also deploy a Tank and an Infantry near your Bikes (try to avoid this event if possible). Whatever happens, though, both events should not occur together. If it does, Waylon's Infantry will attack Grayfield's Infantry, causing some delays in moving your BShip up faster later on.
Day 10: Assuming that Grayfield didn't drop the turn before, Move BShip back to its previous spot (2N3E) and destroy Infantry. Move Carrier into Reef, move Rig 5E1N and build a Cruiser.
Day 11: Move Cruiser 4S2E, Rig 5E1S, and BShip 3W2S (so the spot where you destroyed the Rockets). Build a Lander.
Day 12: Move Rig 4S2W, BShip 1N, Cruiser 1S3E, and Lander 4S2E. Build a Seaplane.
Day 13: Move Rig 4W1N and resupply BShip. Move Seaplane 7S.

At this point, the units that one may see could be different from another, so I can't write a detailed D2D after this. I could, however, try to give ideas of the result you should try to get:

Up to capturing Grayfield's HQ:
- Continue to build a Seaplane for the next 3 days (Day 13, 14, 15), launching each one 7S (or sometimes 6S1W) on the next day. When the last is launched, move the Carrier closer to the planes.
- Move Lander S of the S Bike and load the Bikes into the Lander. Lander should be able to drop at least one Bike off Grayfield's port around Day 16.
- The Battleship and the 4 Seaplanes should try to take out as many targets with one shot as possible. AA is top priority followed by indirects. These should be destroyed ASAP by the Battleship the Seaplanes. Remember to resupply Seaplanes only if they're almost out of fuel and will crash the next day.
- Cruiser should remain in the Reef to block off any other naval units.
- Build a Cruiser on Day 16 and move it as E as possible. Build a Lander and two Infantry on Day 17, load the Infantry on Day 18 and do the same as the Cruiser. Both of these will meet up with the main force later on.
- If everything goes to plan, the dropped Bike should be able to start HQ Capture on Day 17 at earliest. The Seaplanes should have enough fuel to block off Grayfield's units during that time. If one Seaplane needs to refuel, drop the other Bike W of the Lander to block off that space. Bike can then capture the HQ at Day 18. You may lose that blocking Bike, but that's ok.
- Build a Rig to resupply the Seaplanes upon capture.
- The latest day to capture is Day 20.

For defeating the other two:
- You should HQ Capture Waylon and Rout Tabitha, as your new Port will make Routing Tabitha easier.
- Your initial force (CO Bship, Carrier, 4 Seaplanes, and Cruiser) should meet up with the Cruiser and Lander you've built beforehand East of your starting island. This force should then proceed to capture Waylon's HQ in the same manner as how you captured Grayfield's HQ. HQ Capture can be done around Day 26.
- At your S Port, build in the following order: Bship, Bship, Carrier, Bship, Bship, Carrier. You should be moving them towards Tabitha's HQ from the bottom. Try to level up the Bships as much as possible, as it will come in handy near Day 30.
- When your first Carrier from the S Port reaches 1N of the reefs at the bottom of the map, start producing and launching Seaplanes. The second Carrier should immediately start producing Seaplanes and sending them toward Tabitha's HQ.
- Upon defeating Waylon, start producing Bships from your newly acquired Port. Chances are you will only build 2 from here.
- On Day 30, you should have enough Bships and Seaplanes surrounding all of Tabitha's army. Activate Gage's CO Power and destroy her army.

Subs are not necessary nor are any ground unit aside from Infantry and Rigs, though they may help.

Two more things to note is that you should always try to do one-shot kills to boost Power (excluding the Bships you'll try to level up as much as possible). If you can't, unless it's Tabitha's units or a unit in the way, ignore it. If it's one of the two mentioned, use Bships first and then Seaplanes. Sometimes you may encounter a Tabitha CO Wartank. At worst, it'll require a Bship and 3 Seaplanes to take it down. If that's the case, ignore it first until later on when you have more units to spare. Also, use the saving system starting around Day 6 by saving then moving your units into many directions, thus revealing a wide area and where units may possibly be hiding before loading.

Hopefully this will help you on this Trial Map!

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:00 am

T9 Hourglass 5/445, 145 Power

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:08 am

great job Julian ^^

I'm also trying it with my own strategy, but it's requiring a lot of luck… I'm stuck on D3

5/430 for me, 130 Power, I didn't luck abuse day 3 so I think my Power is greatly improvable, but I don't know how much… it probably wouldn't beat the current highscore

edit: 5/442 with the D3 luck abuse, STL wins ^^ I got a weird movement once which could make the strategy better, but it's not happening again

D2D for my strat

D1 same as GFAQ's guide

D2
- NW Inf Siloes Bike, he won't move again
- Inf caps city
- east Inf 2S
- east Mech 1W 1S
- CO Tank destroys Tank
- Tank destroys Inf
- Arty destroys Inf
- Mech 2S caps

D3
- CO destroys Tank
- east Mech destroys Inf
- Tank destroys Inf
- Arty attacks Mech
- Mech destroys Mech
- 2HP Inf 1N 1E
- Inf 1S

Enemy D3
- Tank on Mech ends 7-5

D4
- 5HP Mech 1N 1E
- eastmost Inf joins
- Arty attacks Mech
- Mech 1E 1S destroys Mech
- Tank destroys Tank from N
- CO destroys Bike from W

D5
- Arty attacks MD
- 7HP Mech destroys MD
- Mech destroys Bike
- CO destroys Arty
- Tank attacks Mech

Enemy D5
Mech suicides

either on D2 or D3 MD Tank might move up instead of a Tank, I haven't tested if that's better or not

edit: MD attacked me on D3 while testing the D2D, but I didn't bring down the Silo Inf so I can't test it properly
Last edited by ALAKTORN on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:50 am

Ok got it 1 more Power point, 5/446 at least beats the 6 day win =P
I´m 8% away for 1 more Power, 15 attacks in total.

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:28 pm

I tried Hourglass again and got suprisingly Enemy Inf attacking my Woods Tank. On day 2 reattacking him gave 12% more i went for the 447.
On Day 4 Enemy Tank and Mech positions were swapped which turned out as another advantage as i could kill the Enemy Tank with a Day 4 counter and a Day 5 attack instead of Day 4 and Day 5 attack. So i got 5/450 while my Power was probably around 153 XD

So in the end a new 450!!! =O

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:35 pm

what the hell Image

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:53 pm

I tried it again and as you assumed Inf attack on day 1 and swapped position for Tank and Mech are linked.
And Power is in fact 155, even close to 156 (3% away) if you take the best outcomes XD
We have 16 attacks and only 2 nonkill attacks on Day 3 on the Mech and MD. Needless to say that no suicide is required anymore lol

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:28 am

5/450 D2D

Day 1:
- Move eastern Tank 2N
- Move Artillery 1W4S
- Move remaining Tank 4S
- Move westernmost Inf 1N
- Move western Mech 1S1W
- Move western Inf 1E 2S and begin capturing neutral city
- Move remaining Inf 1S
- Move remaining Mech 1W

Enemy Day 1:
- Enemy Inf must attack your Tank, your Tank keeps 10HP

Day 2:
- Move westernmost Infantry 3N and launch silo Target the enemy Bike
- Load Gage into Tank, move CO Tank 5S1W and destroy Tank from the north
- Destroy Inf from the north with Tank
- Destroy Inf with Art
- Move western Mech 2S and begin capturing neutral radar
- Finish capturing neutral city
- Move remaining Inf 2S
- Move remaining Mech 1S1W

Day 3:
- Destroy Tank from the north with CO Tank
- Destroy Inf from the north with Tank
- Destroy Inf with Mech
- Move remaining Mech 1S1E and attack Mech, deal 5HP damage
- Attack MD Tank with Art, deal 5HP damage
- Move wounded Inf 3W
- Move Inf which capped the city 1S

Enemy Day 3:
- Both enemy Mech attack your Mech, you keep 2HP

Day 4:
- Move 7HP Mech 1S1E and destroy Bike, join the other Mech into it
- Destroy 8/9 HP Mech with Art
- Destroy 7HP Mech from the north with CO Tank
- Destroy Art with Tank from the west
- Move 6HP Infantry 2W

Enemy Day 5:
- Tank attacks your CO Tank
- MD tank moves into Woods south of your Art
- Bike may attack your Mech

Day 5:
- Destroy 4HP Mech with CO Tank
- Use Inf to uncover MD Tank, destroy it with Art
- Destroy Tank and Bike with Tank and Mech
Last edited by -STL- on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Dragon Fogel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:23 am

I'm trying it out, but I haven't had any luck whatsoever getting the infantry to attack my tank.

Edit: Now after finally doing that, I don't get both mechs attacking my mech on Day 3. Instead I get a bike attacking it and the 5 HP mech attacks my artillery.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:28 am

The Mech shouldn´t be able to attack the Art. 2HP Inf blocks the way. The 5HP Mech sometimes kills the 2HP Inf though. The Enemy Bike should attack the full HP Mech, but it always attacks and it always ends 7-3, so i didn´t include it in the D2D. I assume you didn´t move your 2HP Inf 3 West?

Edit: Oh found a mistake in the D2D it said moving Inf 1N instead of 1S, sry.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Dragon Fogel » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Okay, finally got it to work.

One tweak: It is not necessary to get the mech down to 5 HP on Day 3. All that matters is that it is down to 5 HP after countering, and that the Mid tank goes down to 5 HP (as it moves differently at 6 HP). I gave up on getting the luck needed for a 5 HP attack and still ended up with 150 Power.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Yep there´s much room aslong you don´t make 1 more attack you get 150 Power. That 5HP damage was required in the old strat and w/o it the ending is probably harder. You can also use your SIlo Inf to kill the N Mech and COP or jokes like that.

C14 - A Hero's Farewell 8/450
This came expected but it might even be possible to get 7/450

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 pm

nice job Julian! another score of SwifTy down

why are you in as Guest btw?

STL

Postby STL » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:44 pm

I´m not home

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Dragon Fogel » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:47 pm

I added STL's last two scores to the list in the first post, but I'm pretty sure there are other scores that need to be added. Let me know of anything that's missing.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:26 am

Yes there another Score that needs to be added:
C14 - A Hero's Farewell 7/450 :)
I then tried again to do it even faster and got a 6 day win in 5 mins XD
But it´s pretty clear the a 450 isn´t possible in this time

Thank you Dragon Fogel :)

Edit: Oh btw could you add Swifty´s C22 as maxed, it has 150P/150T and it´s not any possible to win in 9 days.
Last edited by -STL- on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 am

wow, great job with that O_o

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:20 pm

T16 Pentagram 6/446

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:58 pm

-STL- wrote:T16 Pentagram 6/446

is that maxed Power and Technique? amazing job… you kept telling me we should've tried it but I didn't believe it was improvable, nice!

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:35 pm

It´s 146 Power.

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:45 am

been wasting all day trying to improve Freehaven… eventually gave up, tried random maps and now I'm interested in Intricate Map 6/450 rout, here's an image Image

I've had AI build Mech instead of War with different builds, if it could've happened there maybe the Mech could suicide on the CO

edit: just got an Inf, but it didn't attack… doubt it could, but if it could it'd be epic!

edit2: Mech attacked lvl1 AA for 3-6 :S

edit3: made tons of tries… figured out that for the War to not appear, you mustn't have 2 units within 6 squares of AI's Base, also the build order AI uses seems to be random if it's Infs or Mechs from D4 onward no matter what you build, D1 CO Bike manipulates AI into building D1 Inf (as opposed to D1 Bike) which can create a good situation but not good enough to rout; D2 CO AA+D3 AA also creates a good situation with the newly built soldier alive (it can be either Mech or Inf) Inf won't do anything probably, Mech can attack lvl1 AA and obviously doesn't die

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:47 am

Pentagram 6/450 =O

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Dragon Fogel » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Impressive! I eagerly await the strategy.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:48 pm

I don´t think i will write the strategy for Pentagram. 450 required an incredible amount of luck for DoR standards, the hardest strat in the whole game. I needed Inf attacking my Tank On Enemy Day 4, both on Plains, that means in the estimation he must have max luck and me min luck so it´s 1 to 121, damn you 1500G Inf >_> Without that attack i got 448, 449 are possible with a "bit" more patience on Enemy Day 5.
The improvement came from killing the MD Tank in 1 shot. We help opening the Meteors and let the MD attack our MD. Then reattack and destroy.

C5 New Allies 6/450 lol 450 wave

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:14 am

-STL- wrote:C5 New Allies 6/450 lol 450 wave

what the crumpets O__o

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 am

New max scores!? My strategist blood is boiling!

STL

Postby STL » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:25 pm

C8 7/436, 136 Speed

ALAKTORN

Postby ALAKTORN » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:16 pm

how did you make AI build more o___________________________________________________________________o

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Postby DTaeKim » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am

Did swifty possess you or something?

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:08 am

Lol ok time for some review.

First the Trial maps

31 are 450´d
5 more have 150S/fastest theorectic win + 150P + 150T, no lost/built/factory/Enemy join:
T1 and T11 where we can´t get 150S but capture in minimum theoretic time
T17 and T37 where we also cap in minimum time and Tech is locked at 128/125
And as last T33 where we get 150S but Tech is locked at 143

Now the 2 last maps:

T29 - Triangle Lake 11 days - 431 pts
It is clear that we need a Rockets to 2HKO the Anti-Tank which is the only way to get any decent Power.
But we already have a attack on Day 9 together with Tank attack and a Recon counter on Enemy Day 8 we could kill it and capture the HQ in 10 days.
But that would also mean we would need to use our last Inf to appeal the Rockets so it doesn´t attack the Inf whixch shall cap the HQ. We get 6 more points of Speed in 10 days and even if there´s a way to get that work it´s not clear if we can get 144+ Power.

T32 - Resistance 5 days - 432 pts (150-145-137)
The only way to improve it would be to avoid the last Enemy join (Infs) i had in my strat. I managed to get full Tech (143T) in 6 days but not 5. All my kills besides the 1HP MD on Day 2 were done by full HP Mechs and maximizing all counters+levels gave 145,0 Power so this can´t be improved seeing you only have Mechs (and Infs)
Last edited by -STL- on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-STL-

Postby -STL- » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Replayed some Time Map and got it at least 1 day faster
7/448

Edit: Time Map 10/450 :)

9/450, this should be the minimum time
A 2nd Mech helped here to get Power up, he killed 2 Black War Tanks, then killed 2 yellow Mech with LV2 and Vet in zone.
My CO Mech killed the 5 other yellow Mechs
Last edited by -STL- on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict General”