Single-Player Maps High Scores and Strategy

Talk about the shiny-new post-apocalyptic Advance Wars game here.
Blackbird

Re: Single-Player Maps High Scores and Strategy

Post by Blackbird » Sat May 24, 2008 5:59 pm

We have a new 450! It turns out that T38: Whirl Peaks can be maxed after all. The enemy's build order is a bit specific, but I don't think it should be too hard to repeat.

Here's the walkthrough:

Day 1:
Create Infantry.

Day 2:
Inf 2N, 1W.
Create Rig.

Day 3:
Rig 3N, 3W.
Load Inf into Rig.
Create Mech.

Day 4:
Rig 4W. Drop Inf west.
Mech 1N, 1W.

Day 5:
Inf 3W, begin capturing airport.
Rig 2E, 2S.
Mech 2W.
Save.

If the enemy has built a Mech on either Day 4 or 5, the build order will be correct later. If he builds Infantry or Mech on -both- days, (that's 2 Inf or 2 Mechs, as opposed to one of each) then it will be incorrect. Reload if a single Mech hasn't been built on enemy's Day 5.

Day 6:
Complete capture of airport.
Load Mech into Rig.
Rig 5W.

Day 7:
Inf 1S.
Create T Copter.
Rig 1W, 3S.

Day 8:
Load Inf into T Copter.
T Copter 6S.
Rig 3S, Drop Mech west.
Create Bomber.
Save.

Enemy Day 8:
Blue should create an Anti Air on this day. If he creates a Recon, it will prioritize attacking your Inf instead of your Mech, which is bad. Assuming the enemy built a single Mech on either Day 4 or 5, you should always see the AA built on Day 8, as opposed to the Recon.

Day 9:
Mech 2S.
T Copter 6S, Drop Inf north.
Bomber 7S.

Enemy Day 9:
AA should attack your Mech. Another unit will attack your T Copter (usually a Bike).

Day 10:
Inf 2S, 1W. Begin capturing HQ.
T Copter 1W.
Bomber 5S, destroy Bike (100%).

Enemy Day 10:
AA will destroy either Mech or T Copter. No other units should be in range to attack your Infantry, though.

Day 11:
Complete HQ capture.

11 Days; 150 Speed - 150 Power - 150 Tech =).
Last edited by Blackbird on Tue May 27, 2008 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sun May 25, 2008 12:19 am

I can see it's definitely possible, though the unit build order is quite difficult to manage. The closest I got, the enemy built a Recon instead of an Anti-Air and I couldn't finish the walkthrough.
What can change the nature of a man?

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Sun May 25, 2008 4:04 am

Hmmm. On my game, it seemed like the AI generally picked one of two build orders: one where it builds Infantry early on, then Recons later, and a second where it builds a Mech earlier on, and AA and Bikes later.

I got the AA and Bike order in 2 out of 3 tries. I'll replay this and write down exactly what the enemy built.

Enemy Day 1:
Bike
Day 2:
Inf
Day 3:
Inf
Day 4:
Mech
Day 5:
Inf
Day 6:
Md Tank
Day 7:
T Copter
Bike
Day 8:
AA
Day 9:
Nothing (AA blocks factory)
Day 10:
Duster

Edit: Ah, I see where my mistake is. It's actually the enemy's 4th day on which they build the Mech. They will choose to build either an Inf or a Mech that day, so it's just a matter of reloading until you get the AI to begin the desired build order. After that, it is important that the AI create AA on day 8, because a Recon will prioritize attacking your Infantry instead, which is bad. I've updated the walkthrough with the specific points of importance, hopefully this should work for everyone.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sun May 25, 2008 7:04 am

I figured out swifty's Sunrise walkthrough for the most part.

2.2.6) C26 - Sunrise
Maximum Score: 435 pts
150-pt. time limit: 4 days
100-pt. time limit: 9 days
Player CO: Will
Enemy CO(s): Caulder
Special Condition(s): Destroy the five laser cannons to complete objective

Overview: Every single unit at Will's disposal is used to manage the high score
in the final mission in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. The CO unit,
Rockets, War Tank, Anti-Tank, and Bomber are used to destroy the five
laser cannons while the Infantry are used to distract the enemy units
and capture the three com towers in the area. The Fighter pummels
the air units the Nest deploys, while the Missiles, Anti-Air, and one
Infantry distract the left mortar.

There is one instance of luck needed. The rest of the walkthrough
relies on AI peculiarities to succeed.

Day 1:

Northwest Section
- Move western Infantry 3E and begin capturing neutral factory.
- Move eastern Infantry 2E 1S and begin capturing neutral com tower.
- Move Anti-Air 5S 1W.
- Move Will/War Tank 3E 1N.
- Move Rockets 4N 1W.

Southwest Section
- Move Fighter 6E 3N.
- Move Md. Tank 5E.
- Move western Infantry 3W.
- Move eastern Infantry 1E 1N and begin capturing neutral com tower.
- Move Missiles 2W.

Southeast Section
- Move War Tank 3N.
- Move Anti-Tank 3N 1W.
- Move northern Infantry 3N.
- Move southern Infantry 2E 1N and begin capturing neutral com tower.
- Move Bomber 7N.

Day 2:

- Finish capturing all neutral com towers.
- Save here.
- Move Fighter 6N 1E and attack enemy Fighter from the west. This must end
9 - 3 in your favor. If this does not happen, reload.
- Move Bomber 2N and attack enemy War Tank from the east. This must end 10 - 2
in your favor. If this does not happen, reload.
- Move Rockets 2N 1W.
- Move northwestern Infantry 2N 1E and begin capturing neutral city.
- Move Will/War Tank 1E 1N and attack enemy War Tank from the west.
- Move War Tank 1E 3N.
- Move Anti-Tank 4N.
- Move northeastern Infantry 2N 1W.
- Move Md. Tank 5N.

Caulder Day 2:

- His Md. Tank must attack your capturing Infantry.

Day 3:

- Save here.
- Move Rockets 1N 1W.
- Move northernmost Infantry 1S 1W and begin capturing neutral city.
- Move northewestern Infantry 2N 1W and join with wounded Infantry.
- Move Will/War Tank 2N 1E and destroy enemy Missiles from the south.
- Move Md. Tank 4N 1E.
- Move Fighter 1W 2S and destroy enemy B-copter from the west.
- Move Bomber 4E 2N and attack easternmost laser cannon from the south.
- Move Anti-Tank 2N 2W.
- Move War Tank 3N.
- Move northeastern Infantry 2N 1E.
- Move south central Infantry 1N 1E and begin capturing neutral city.

Caulder Day 3:

- His 4 HP War Tank must suicide on your War Tank.
- His Fighter must not attack your Bomber from the east.

Day 4:

- Attack westernmost laser cannon with Rockets.
- Move Will/War Tank 1E 3N and attack west central laser cannon.
- Move Md. Tank 1E 3N and attack central laser cannon.
- Move Anti-Tank 2N.
- Move War Tank 1W 3N and attack east central laser cannon.
- Move Fighter 2N 1W and destroy enemy B-copter from the west.
- Move northeastern Infantry 1N.
- Move Bomber 2S 5W.
- Move northwestern Infantry 1E 2S.

Day 5:

- Destroy westernmost laser cannon with Rockets.
- Move Will/War Tank 1S.
- Move Md. Tank 1W and destroy west central laser cannon.
- Move War Tank 1W and destroy central laser cannon.
- Destroy east central laser cannon with Anti-Tank.
- Destroy enemy Fighter with your Fighter.
- Move Bomber 5E 2N and destroy easternmost laser cannon.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun May 25, 2008 9:47 am

DTK after the 1st day on your D2D they fire with lasers on your Will/War Tank and bomb your Rockets/War Tank

i tried many times but it doesn't change

edit: for T38 he meant day 5 Mech, not day 4

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sun May 25, 2008 11:35 am

I made a mistake in transcribing my directions. That should be 3E 1N, not 3N 1E.

EDIT: I have to agree with ALAKTORN. For T38, the enemy Mech must be built on his Day 5, not Day 4.

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Mon May 26, 2008 6:42 pm

The exact day the mech is built on is not so much important as it is the indication that the AI's build order has altered (presumably to counter your Mech); Blue opts to build a Md Tank, then AA, rather than spending the funds on a series of Recons, instead.

The main piece is that an AA be built on Day 8 so that your Mech becomes a decoy, and not your Infantry. If that works, then everything should fall into place for you.

I just tested the "Mech is built on Day 5" scenario, and it turns out it can work either way. So long as the AI builds a Mech on Day 4 or 5, and then goes on to build AA later on Day 8, the plan will work just as well. In fact, getting the Mech built on Day 5 worked out even better for me than having it built on Day 4; usually my Rig comes under attack by an Infantry later on if the Mech is built on Day 4, but this didn't even occur when the Mech was built on 5 instead; the infantry had moved away already.

I'll do some further testing on this and see if it is possible for the Recons to be constructed, assuming the Mech is built at some point. Thus far, so long as a Mech is built Day 4 or 5, I have always observed this build sequence: Day 6: Md Tank, Day 7: T Copter and Bike, Day 8: AA. My observation is that the Recons are only built if the AI builds Infantry on -both- Day 4 and 5 (and thus never builds a Mech).

If you are still having trouble with it, let me know exactly when the plan goes awry for you, and I'll see if I can debug it.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Tue May 27, 2008 1:42 am

Oh, it works. I'm saying in my case, the Mech was built on day 5.

Sometimes, the opponent will build a Mech on day 4 and day 5. That is a definite no-no.

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Tue May 27, 2008 2:35 am

Oh, that's good. I'm relieved that you got it to work. Yeah, I don't want to know what kinds of bad things Mech on Day 4 and 5 will do to the build order later =P. I'll update the walkthrough to take account of our findings.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue May 27, 2008 2:04 pm

anyone have a 3-day D2D for C12? i tried for many hours, i thought i had it but in the end i couldn't do it :/

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Tue May 27, 2008 11:06 pm

I believe Swifty got a 3 Day rout on that map; personally the fastest I've been able to complete is 4. It does seem possible, though. Maybe I should work on this map next =). I was working on C24: Crash Landing and tied Swifty's 441 point score, but did so a day slower (7 Days as opposed to his 6).

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue May 27, 2008 11:16 pm

Blackbird you are awesome, i'm beginning to think that you're better than Swifty :shock:

for C12 i could destroy everything in 3-day except for the northern B-ship or Cruiser (different strategies) with full HP, so in the end only one enemy lasted :/ i may try some more now

edit: now the sub was alive with 7HP, lol

i think i've done it, but it takes a crumpets load of luck, so i'm restarting from quite a bit of time, but i'm almost sure my score will suck compared to Swifty's lol

364 in 3 Days 150S 109P 105T Swifty has 385 :shock:

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Wed May 28, 2008 3:11 am

i see on C13 the power score isn't maxed, if the ally destroy the cruiser with his two gunboats on day 1, would that give more power? cause he just did to me

edit: maybe not, 7/442 150S 144P 148T no idea where i lost power, i don't understand this map

edit2: C14 D2D is completely messed up

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Wed May 28, 2008 5:40 am

ALAKTORN wrote:Blackbird you are awesome, i'm beginning to think that you're better than Swifty :shock:
I don't know about that. I think everyone here has their own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to tactical thinking; As an example, I feel really comfortable in pre-deployed maps when the main objective is to figure out how to make the most of your limited resources, but I'm totally lost at the larger scale maps where you only start with a few bases and have to build everything from scratch (Bounty River, Comb Map...).

Furthermore, a lot of my skills are attributed to things I've learned by studying how other people here go about beating maps =P.

When we all contribute, everyone benefits from the shared knowledge. To be honest, I'm wondering where Swifty has gotten to... it's been awhile since he/she has posted another batch of boggling high scores =).

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Wed May 28, 2008 6:15 am

about Swifty... i think he retired from the internet... we had a talk on Cyberscore, than he suddently told me "goodbye it was fun playing against you at AWDC" or something like that, and he was gone.. if you go on his Cyberscore profile you'll see he took every information off and even put his display picture in a grey color..

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed May 28, 2008 8:33 am

If that's true, we lost a great Advance Wars player.

floan

Post by floan » Thu May 29, 2008 3:36 am

ALAKTORN wrote:about Swifty... i think he retired from the internet... we had a talk on Cyberscore, than he suddently told me "goodbye it was fun playing against you at AWDC" or something like that, and he was gone.. if you go on his Cyberscore profile you'll see he took every information off and even put his display picture in a grey color..
I have look at his profil of cyberscore for view and he have submit 3 new score of AWDoR :wink:

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Thu May 29, 2008 4:05 am

hey it's true, he got 2 new records :) maybe he'll be back

swifty

Post by swifty » Thu May 29, 2008 7:33 am

I'm sorry.. I couldn't find a exit in the huge maze. but a light at the exit just was seen from you. Thanks!

Anyways I managed to get 450 pts in Crash Landing. To obtain a high power score, you would have to destroy enemy's rockets as much as possible in one shot with some tank. I had unwounded 4 tank (w-tank & m-tank on the west, m-tank & tank on the east) in 6 days.

C24 - Crash Landing - 6 days - 450 pts

and I got new score in Greyfield Strikes. but I think blackbird should play it again and would be able to get it. Your strategy was really awesome!

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu May 29, 2008 7:46 am

Ooh, a Campaign 450. We haven't had many of those.

I'll mess around on C24 and see if I can figure it out.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu May 29, 2008 10:27 am

Welcome back swifty.

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Thu May 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Cheers, man! Looks like you beat me to the max score on Crash Landing... I concede defeat, this time =). *salute* :colinds:

I had been working with the strategy to get uninjured, veteran tanks on that map, and my strategy seems similar to yours in that regard. I just couldn't figure out how to clear it in so few days =). The best I could figure was to use the AA's for bait, as they will be less useful later in the mission (against the tanks and rockets).

What was your new score on Greyfield Strikes? I need to know what score I'm shooting for =).
swifty wrote:I'm sorry.. I couldn't find a exit in the huge maze. but a light at the exit just was seen from you. Thanks!

Anyways I managed to get 450 pts in Crash Landing. To obtain a high power score, you would have to destroy enemy's rockets as much as possible in one shot with some tank. I had unwounded 4 tank (w-tank & m-tank on the west, m-tank & tank on the east) in 6 days.

C24 - Crash Landing - 6 days - 450 pts

and I got new score in Greyfield Strikes. but I think blackbird should play it again and would be able to get it. Your strategy was really awesome!

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Thu May 29, 2008 12:28 pm

The new score swifty achieved can be found here: http://www.cyberscore.net/chart-38182.php

I'm assuming the breakdown is 150, 150, 148 (Speed, Power, Technique) for 448 pts.

-Translucent Air

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu May 29, 2008 12:35 pm

Judging by swifty's comments, I would think he used a bit of Blackbird's strategy to pull it off.

All of a sudden, everyone is coming out of the woodwork. I'm rather tickled by this.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat May 31, 2008 7:59 am

Well, I'm not getting anywhere with C24. I've figured out a few ways to destroy or significantly weaken most of the enemies on Day 1, but after that I just get stumped.

For that matter, calculating the Power score manually will be quite complicated. At least all the terrain has 0 stars, so enemy HP doesn't figure into it, but there's going to be a lot of attacks made, probably close to 50.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Sat May 31, 2008 3:29 pm

I haven't gotten 450 on this map...my personal best is 441 in 7 days. But maybe my general strategy will help other people along as they try to figure out the 450 score.

I use the Wartank and Md Tank on the left side of the map to pick off infantry and recons to build their level up a bit. When the Rockets come in from that side (after you clear the map the first time) they should be at or near veteran status. The Md tank in the southwest of the map starts near an enemy Md tank, and will come under attack from it unless you bait it with something else, or destroy it immediately. Usually I bait it with either an AA or Recon (not sure which is best, yet) and then destroy it with the Rockets and Md Tank on the second turn.

The right side is quite difficult to deal with. Your War Tank can't escape from the enemy War Tank, and baiting it isn't a very good option because it wouldn't put it close enough to your indirects to make killing it any easier. So usually I just go ahead and attack the enemy War Tank with mine. If you get an amazing luck roll (doing near 65% damage/10 luck, and taking little damage in return, very high 8 HP, like 21% damage) it is actually possible for the enemy War Tank to suicide on your War Tank in an 8/4 matchup on the enemy's first turn. It dies on the counterattack.

Protecting your Rockets is a big part of this mission, I think; you need them later on to kill the enemy's waves of Tanks effectively. The one in the northwest is threatened by Infantry, a Bike, and AA. I usually kill the Bike and retreat this Rocket south on the first turn, freeing up the northern Md Tank to start moving east early on. The eastern rocket is very hard to defend; I usually wall it off from the Recon with Tanks and the Rig, will simultaneously killing both the enemy Tanks with my Rocket, Md Tank, and Tanks.

After you clear the initial forces in a day or two (or three =P) the waves start. The hard part is being in position to effectively fight the waves as they come in. First wave: rockets left, tanks right. Second wave, tanks left, rockets right. Third wave: all rockets.

The rockets are relatively easy to kill, exploit their deadzones and try to oneshot them as much as possible with veteran Tanks, Md Tanks, and your remaining War Tank (the full hp one on the left flank). The most effective way I've found to deal with the Tank waves is to force them to join; use veteran tanks and rockets to reduce all the tanks to 3 HP or less apiece, and they will usually all join into one unit, rather than attacking and wearing down your forces. Veteran Md Tanks can attack the enemy tanks at full health and do enough damage that they won't take a full HP of damage in return (once...). Your veteran War Tank can even oneshot enemy Tanks. You can also join your Tanks together, you will probably only be able to build one Veteran Tank on the east front, the other will serve as replacement HP's if the main one gets damaged.
Last edited by Blackbird on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat May 31, 2008 3:42 pm

Blackbird, what were the points in your 441? is 7 day still 150 speed?

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:55 am

i guess you guys don't care about 2nd places but i'd still like if these scores gets added:

C12 - History of Hate 3/364
C21 - Lin's Gambit 9/423
C23 - Sacrificial Lamb 8/410
T16 - Pentagram 11/399

improved T16, 8/412 133S 129P 150T i'm gonna try to build a bomber next

got 10/391 with a built B-Copter lol

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:23 pm

ALAKTORN wrote:Blackbird, what were the points in your 441? is 7 day still 150 speed?
Nope. On C24, you must clear in 6 Days to get 150 speed. 7 Days drops your score to 146. I can manage to clear in 6 Days... but my power score suffered quite a bit as a result :miss:.

I believe the breakdown for mine was 146 Speed - 145 Power - 150 Tech.

Oh, another hint which may assist everyone: you are allowed multiple enemy joins, and can even sacrifice one or two of your units, if need be. I still had 150 Tech even after I lost a unit (the Mech, I believe) and allowed several enemy Tank joinings. Obviously, you won't be able to get the needed power and speed scores if your best assault units (like your tanks) die, but you do have leeway to use some of your less important units, like the Recon, AA, and possibly your Rig, as sacrificial lambs.

Very nice score on History of Hate, by the way. What is the point breakdown on that, and what is your general strategy there?

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Blackbird wrote:Very nice score on History of Hate, by the way. What is the point breakdown on that, and what is your general strategy there?
150S 109P 105T, i'm not good at explaining strategies.. i can write a D2D if you want (maybe, i don't really remember it well lol) there's a trick on the first day that i think helps a lot, if you put your units in a certain way their Fighter will go in a blind spot for their B-Ships so you can 1HKO it

btw i lost only my Duster, so it's the power where i'm losing, i do a lot of low % attacks, but otherwise i can't find a way to end it that fast, i could probably get a better score in 4 days lol

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:59 am

Don't worry about D2D if it's too much trouble. Seeing the point breakdown is really helpful info by itself; Power is the most mobile score, while Speed and Tech have hard caps. So this shows we where we have to work, and that we have room for improvement.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:15 pm

something very strange just happened: on Crash Landing i hit the northern Tank with my Md Tank (70%) and it goes to 2HP O_o i thought the best luck was 9%?

edit: happened again, Tank vs Mech (70%) Tank 9HP Mech 2HP

edit2: sorry Blackbird, i can't remember my D2D for C12

swifty

Post by swifty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:07 pm

I got new score on C23 Sacrificial Lamb. I built nothing and loaded will into w-tank on 2 days. Although we can finish in 7 days with building a gunboat, that score wouldn't be done in the maximum. I guess that 442 pts is the theoretical maximum score. It's possible by making enemy to deploy 34 units in 8 days. Enemy built only 1 mech on 3 days in my 440 pts strat. but it was possible to get even 2 mech, after that I couldn't find a way that make enemy to keep on building maximum (+2 +2 +3 +3) units by 8 days.

C23 - Sacrificial Lamb - 9 days - 440 pts (S140,P150,T150)
C23 - Sacrificial Lamb - 8 days - 439 pts (S146,P150,T143)

enemy's total units number
18-①-> 20-②-> 22-③-> 23-④-> 25-⑤-> 27-⑥-> 30-⑦-> 33-⑧->36

enemy built following units
① inf, mech ② mech, w-tank ③ mech ④ mech, m-tank
⑤ mech, recon ⑥ mech, bike, tank ⑦ inf, mech, tank ⑧ inf, mech, tank

account of enemy's money
Day1: 12,000 - 4,000 (product) = 8,000
Day2: 8,000 + 12,000 - 500 (repair) - 18,500 (product) = 1,000
Day3: 1,000 + 12,000 - 6,000 (repair) - 2,500 (product) = 4,500
Day4: 4,500 + 12,000 - 1,500 (repair) - 14,500 (product) = 500
Day5: 500 + 12,000 - 5,400 (repair) - 6,500 (product) = 600
Day6: 600 + 13,000 - 1,000 (repair) - 12,000 (product) = 600
Day7: 600 + 14,000 - 2,800 (repair) - 11,000 (product) = 800
Day8: 800 + 14,000 - 3,100 (repair) - 11,000 (product) = 700

As for Crash Landing, I had some idea different from blackbird's. I thought that shouldn't allow the enemy's joint, if obtain a higher power score. and I didn't choose a way that enemy's w-tank should commit suicide on 1 day, because could destroy this w-tank in 2 days with my HP6 w-tank. and I didn't think that rocket have to be used as well. Actually, I attacked enemy's unit only twice with rocket, but it was useful as the important decoy. I lost the following 5 units (mech, recon, anti-tank, 2 rocket) by intention. By the way, the annihilation victory is possible in 5 days.

DTaeKim, I want you to update my score in 1st page. I've got 425 pts on C6 Fear Experiment and 439 pts on C26 Sunrise in March.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 pm

ALAKTORN, the luck range is 0 - 10. You will see 90% OHKOs sometimes.

swifty, I've updated the first page per your request.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:32 am

After relearning the 441-pt. score for T16, Pentagram, I thought I'd write down a few pointers for future reference.

The airport needs to be taken by Day 2, with Lin deployed within a mech unit on Day 2 as well. From there, with the exception of those of the battle copter, all offensive attacks on enemy units are made from within Lin's CO Zone. (The only units that are used offensively are the artillery, the medium tank, the battle copter, Lin's mech unit, and lastly the bomber.)

Only one enemy infantry unit in the central region can be attacked (and killed) on Day 1, the other two must be left alone until later. As such, the ideal situation is for one of them to attack the allied artillery while the second attacks the mech unit in which Lin will be deployed. After this requirement is cleared, it's pretty much a straightforward sequence from then on, though a few odd occurrences will warrant reloading. (The more common scenario is both enemy infantry attacking the mech, while both infantry attacking the artillery is even rarer and prevents attainment of the score due to loss of too many funds.)

Finally, funds to produce the bomber on Day 6 are gathered by joining the two mech units the same day.

-Translucent Air

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:46 am

Which side of the star does the B-copter attack? I sent the B-copter to the SE section and had it destroy those two units.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:30 am

The battle copter is sent southwest to destroy the pair of tanks. Of course, the unit's job is hardly done after destroying the tanks; it must be used as a decoy to pick off a couple HP from the enemy unit that absolutely requires it (and is the only unit really willing to attack the battle copter).

For the southeast, allied units help expedite the destruction of the meteor and the two enemy units there are allowed to battle their way up to the allied HQ.

-Translucent Air
Last edited by Translucent Air on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:35 am

Would that happen to be the War Tank?

I've got it down to 9 days.

Translucent Air

Post by Translucent Air » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:38 am

Correct, the war tank attacks the battle copter and the newly deployed bomber finishes the job.

-Translucent Air

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:09 am

Then it's a matter of me figuring out how to take out the Anti-Tank without killing my power score.