CO Bolin

The forum for CCOs in our new dark wargame.
Blame Game

CO Bolin

Post by Blame Game » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:33 pm

Totally not a DoR Colin rehash

CO zone: 1 -- no effect, but loading a CO into a unit costs 5000g less, stops at 0 obviously so no 5500g 130/130 tanks

COP: Rush of Gold -- Bolin receives 1 additional income for the day

>_> The first bike this guy builds will be 130/130 pretty much, which is pretty scary, considering that the alternative is often a 130/130 tank a few days later, once again for no additional cost. He also brings new options to the table, such as 9000g 130/130 copters, 130/130 dusters for +1500g, and some other stuff depending on the map, like battleships or maybe the heavier tanks. In a way he reminds me of Tabitha, but less extreme and with more diverse options overall.

yay

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:38 pm

I'm not an expert, but...

I have a feeling that the CO effect should be a percentage rather than a flat cost, but that's just me. I just don't feel comfortable with flat costs. Also, I don't feel that comfortable with 0 cost CO loading for cheaper units (Copters, etc.)

And what do you mean by 1 additional income? Do you mean 1 more city's worth? Because if so, that seems a bit underpowered IMO, unless you mean you got the income again.

Please explain the CO Power for me, as it's a bit confusing for me.

Overall, I think I like the idea.
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Whatever your total income currently is, you receive that much money.

As for percentages, that's what it was at first, but I didn't like that idea because it would make this CO quite a bit more map-dependant. Maps that favor heavy units such as battleships would make him a beast, while he'd gain hardly any real advantage by joining up with a bike or a tank.