CO Ion

The forum for CCOs in our new dark wargame.
doopliss

CO Ion

Post by doopliss » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:34 am

Name:Ion
Army:IDS

A brilliant tactician who uses terrain advantages or just the terrain to help defeat his enemies.

"The battlefield is my best weapon!"

Effect stars:
Attack:
Defense:

All units in Co zone get 1 more terrain star.As well as that all of his units get a 5% attack boost from each terrain star when in Co zone.

Co zone:3

Boosts:All units

Co power:
Terra Form
All units (including air units) get a 10% attack boost from each terrain star as well as the normal defense boost and all of his air units get terrain star effects until his next turn.
Last edited by doopliss on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I like you, but Mr.Bear HATES you"(Penny)

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:31 am

Sort of new lash comibined with air balancing..
The COP looks somewhat weak without air units..
The boost is,t very steep,woods only give %21 and that isn,t to high..

I are not sure,and I absoluty have no autoroty so...
Anyone got an comment?

doopliss

Post by doopliss » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:31 am

your grammar SUCKS but anyway this game does not have lash so I thought it would be good and I think I tried a bit too hard to try to keep him from being broken.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:53 am

Yeah, not to be rude or anything, but your grammar isn't anything to be particularly proud of either; your sentences run on without any pauses making them look both hasty and messy, and you seem to be oblivious to the existence of the comma. And in case you were curious honey, dragonite is Dutch, meaning that he's in the process of learning English and as a result won't have as great a command of the language as a native speaker like you or I would.

Even if you didn't know this, you could be more courteous at the very least.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 am

...That sounded like a common Gfaqsuser..
Ah wel.. Should have paid more attention,but it's tiring if you have to correct all tiny mistakes,and sometimes I forgot the correct spelling.

And well...
I hate fighting over this any longer.
Back to topic,what can be improved to the COP?

Schpaksie

Post by Schpaksie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:09 am

doopliss wrote:your grammar SUCKS but anyway this game does not have lash so I thought it would be good and I think I tried a bit too hard to try to keep him from being broken.

I think someone needs to consider practicing what he preaches. Capitalising at the start of sentences and using correct punctuation would be a good start.
Don't make me give you a STFUPPERCUT! - Shifty
"Little bit in the flask, a lil' bit in the cup, Spill a lil' on the counter when I'm fillin' it up"

doopliss

Post by doopliss » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:36 am

Well if I knew that I would not have said that and uhh can someone ACTUALLY consider my CO. Also I don't really think that I HAVE to use perfect grammar I was just saying he needs to make it understandable if I had known he was learning I would have never said that.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:58 am

dragonite's writing is understandable enough, and no one would probably question your own writing if you hadn't brought it up in the first place. As for your CO it's a rehash of AWDS Lash. What's there to consider?

Given that it has a zone of 3 you'll be getting your COP easily enough. I would say it's just above Brenner's level, since Brenner grants +20% defense plus the zone and rank bonuses for a 110/130 minimum. Your CO, depending on the terrain, gets

0 stars +1, 115/120 total, no rank
1 stars +1, 120/130
2 stars +1, 125/140
3 stars +1, 130/150
4 stars +1, 135/160

keep in mind that terrain defense is lowered with HP loss. Your attack ratings under the COP is 10x the number of stars plus the zone and rank bonuses.

Otherwise why not choose Will et al. for consistency? The 3 zone is what makes it useable, not sure if it's abusable. To be frank, I'm not fond of terrain COs, but it does get better offense than most of the IS COs if the terrain is in your favor.

doopliss

Post by doopliss » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:32 am

THANK YOU, finally SOMEONE actually wants to look at the CO rather than arguing with me.