Some CCOs of mine

The forum for CCOs in our new dark wargame.
A Guy

Some CCOs of mine

Post by A Guy » Thu May 28, 2009 8:37 am

CCO Rand

Name: Rand
Short description: Though not the best commander, Rand realizes the value of troop morale on performance. He is a gifted speaker.
Army: Rubinelle Army

CO Zone: 3
Boosts: Attack (+10)
CO Power: Fighting Spirit
All units gain +40%/+40% attack and defense (not including the effect of the CO Zone)

CCO Greg

Name: Greg
Short description: Fiercely protective of his territory, his army is trained in sabotaging enemy weapons and buildings.

CO Zone: 2
Boosts: Enemy units that move adjacent to a unit in the CO Zone cannot move further (although they can attack)
CO Power: Blackout
Enemy income is negated for a turn
Last edited by A Guy on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

DieselPheonix

Re: Some CCOs of mine

Post by DieselPheonix » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:20 pm

If Penny is any indication, toughing it out with just the defaults, even with a zone at 3, will be rough. The power offers a nice bonus but you'll be hard-pressed getting it, and it's only a 1 turn thing when practically every other CO walks with their power boost.

I've never been certain of economic sets. No one really has, not without the chance to see the set in action. However, I do know that I don't much like luck, and if I had to choose between the two COs I'd take the first, although any of the IS COs outclass them. Except, perhaps, Tasha. If you do get lucky and pull off the power, its impact will probably depend on the map.

A Guy

Post by A Guy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm

I like the theme of my first CO. Should I increase his CO zone? Buff his power?

I didn't really want the second CO to be used for his zone. It's just something to help him survive long enough to pull the power off. Being a day behind can really hurt, and it can help you pull off an HQ capture. I'll change it.

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Increasing the stat bonus during the power just makes the situation more extreme; being able to use the power is the problem, not the power itself. Your only real options while sticking as close as possible to the original concept would be to include a minor bonus day to day, such as +10 attack. I wouldn't take anything worse than +10/10, but then people would decry it as making Forsythe even more obsolete.

I don't know about the zone snare.

A Guy

Post by A Guy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 am

Changes made. I need an opinion on the second CO's effect.