Custom CCO and COD4CO

The forum for CCOs in our new dark wargame.
backtothetanks

Custom CCO and COD4CO

Post by backtothetanks » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:05 pm

The Teacher
Leader of a fanatic group of followers. They follow him because of his immense intelligence, and he views knowledge as the most important resource in war.
"Ignorance is bliss. Come, with me, and be taught"
CO Effect
CO Zone: 2
Boosts: All Units
Effect: All spaces in CO Zone are FOW that can be pierced by vision normally but is immune to flares
CO Power
Mind Games
All units gain +1 movement. Summons rain at the end of your turn which lasts until the beginning of your next turn.

Imran Zakhaev
Leader of the Russian Ultranationalist party determined to restore the order of the Soviet Union. Has access to large amounts of nuclear warheads.
"Our so-called 'leaders' prostituted us to the West. Destroyed our culture, our economies, our honor."
CO Effect
CO Zone: 2
Boosts: Foot soldiers, recons, tanks, MD tanks, helicopters, fighters
Effect: Attack ** Defense **. CO Unit takes half damage from indirect attacks
CO Power
The Ultimatum
Two aimable silo missles dealing 3 damage each.

DieselPheonix

Re: Custom CCO and COD4CO

Post by DieselPheonix » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 pm

The only units that have 1 vision are the two heavy tanks and rigs. Everything else has 2 at least, and artillery have 3. Coupled with the improved fog mechanics and vision perk that mountains offer to infantry, I'm not sure when I'd use the first CO. If the map has plenty of woods, ruins, and other hiding places, then maybe, but it seems more of a novelty considering there are no stat bonuses to speak of beyond the defaults. In addition, the power looks weak compared to everyone else's. At least Penny's last 3 turns.

The second CO appears a veritable powerhouse. The set uses Lin's great stat boosts with a larger zone on top of a power worth using. The bonus doesn't affect indirects but it encompasses mechs and all the support units you'd need, and that the CO unit takes half damage from indirect attacks on top of 150/150 stats (assuming you chose one of the affected units) just sweetens the deal. Honestly, how are you supposed to beat this CO?

backtothetanks

Re: Custom CCO and COD4CO

Post by backtothetanks » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:40 pm

I guess a 3 range COZ on the teacher wouldnt be too powerful. And I kind of pulled the COP out of my ass. Penny's may last three days, but the chances of rain are 1/3 and effect you too.

As for Zakhaev, he was just for fun. xxx/200 means you take half damage, right? I was going for his CO unit being 110/110 (unless of course 130/130 in certain units), but being xxx/200 versus indirects. If, of course, that means half-damage.