Custom AWDoR COs

The forum for CCOs in our new dark wargame.
Modular

Custom AWDoR COs

Post by Modular » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 am

A few I came up with. Let me know your thoughts:

Name: Fredrick

Description: A Rubinelle general prior to the meteor strike, Fredrick was engaged with a Lazuranian army when the cataclysm occured. Banding together surviving soldiers from both sides and set up a temporary settlement under a neutral banner. A soldier at heart, he is respected by both his troops and adversaries for his honorable ethics and his skill as a commander. A great believer in the importance of battlefield experience over tactical theory his troops are among the most experienced fighters in the world.

CO quotes: I will take charge here. You know what to do, men.

CO Effect:
Co Zone - 2
Boosts: Universal Boost
Effect: Offense * Defense *

COP: Baptism by Blood
All units level up to veteran status

Victory Quotes:
"There is no replacement for experience"
"My soldiers, you are truly without peer"

Name: Nina

Description: Originally a member of the Rubinelle army's intelligence gathering unit, Nina was promoted by Greyfield following the formation of the New Rubinelle Army to the head of intelligence. Sent on a mission to evaluate the strength of the attacking Lazuranian army, Nina and her company promptly deserted. Using her knowledge of the local terrain, Nina and her troops easily outwitted Greyfield, and admiral was forced to give up the search to deal with the more pressing Lazuranian advances. Nina meanwhile hacked her way into several still operational factories and was able to equip her battalion with the firepower necessary to establish control of a small peninsula off the Rubinelle Coastline. Here her battalion, known by locals as the nightwalkers, has established a virtually impenetrable fortress where they watch events abroad pan out.
Nina herself is a paradoxical individual. Admitted to the intelligence unit at only twelve years old, even then Nina showed immense potential as a tactical strategist. Her rank in the unit remained low however due to her horrifically short attention span, and a bad record of being caught sneaking off-base at night. She is a master of chess and othello and remains the reigning champion amongst her battalion. She has a tendency to treat warfare like a game though is still very careful with all of "her pieces".

CO quotes: Alright, I'm here to play. Try not to bore me.

CO Effect:
Co Zone - 3
Boosts: Land units on terrain with at least **
Effect: Offense ** Defense *

COP: Hidden Trails
Movement cost for all units drops to one regardless of terrain (only applies to terrain traverse-able by the unit)

Victory Quotes:
"Interesting move...oh wait we're done"
"I'd say you need a little more practice"

What are your thoughts?
Lash loves her Blowhogs ;)

Random Wi-Fi Scorecard
Wins: -
Loss: -
Draw: -

Modular

Re: Custom AWDoR COs

Post by Modular » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:12 am

Name: Destin

Description: Destin is an IDS scientist in the experimental weapons division. Preforming research for Dr. Caulder on force field technology, his facility was perhaps the only area of the planet totally unharmed by the meteor strike. Since then he has continued his research, despite losing contact with Dr. Caulder, and has used plasma energy generated by the meteors to develop usable force fields for combat. His perfectionist attitude and obsessive work ethic however
has kept him on the project for over three years now with almost no signs of his work abating.

CO quotes: "Ooooh, lookie here!"

Co Zone: 1
CO Effect: Protective Field
Boosts: All units
Effect: -50% damage from indirect units

COP: Shield Boost
Units gain +0/+20

Hits: Creative ideas
Miss: Failed ideas

Victory Quotes:
"That was totally awesome"
"Hmmm, how could I have made that cooler?"

-----

Name: Polyment

Description: Developed by Destin accidentally during his research into meteor plasma, Polyment is the bizarre creation of a human infused with plasma. When the experiment failed to grant Polyment the shield capabilities sought by Destin, he was released from the facility and given free range to roam the destroyed wasteland. A loner by nature, Polyment retains basic sentience and has since hijacked several abandoned factories to allow himself to be augmented with additional firepower. He now roams throughout the world aimlessly.

CO quotes: "..."

CO Effect: Plasma trail
Co Zone: 0
Boosts: COed unit
Effect: Leaves a trail of plasma in his wake in between his start and end point. The plasma dissipates following his next move. Due to his limited intellegence his troops have a baseline stat of 90/90

COP: None

Hits: Creative ideas
Miss: Failed ideas

Victory Quotes:
"..."
Last edited by Modular on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random Wi-Fi Scorecard

Modular

Post by Modular » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Another one:

Name: Panzen

Description: Panzen is a Lazuranian tank legend. Almost as well known as general Forscythe, Panzen retired at the age of 70 with the impossible record of never losing a single engagement in which he was present. He is even said to have developed a design for his own "Pandle Tank" named after his granddaugter. Though it was an immense improvement off the standard tank and was almost no different in cost, the plan was scrapped in favor of IDS's more powerful wartank design. After retirement, Panzen disappeared from private life and journeyed into the northern arctic and was not seen again for quite some time.
Following the meteor strikes, Panzen reemerged, searching desperately for his beloved Pandle. Stationed as a petty officer under commander Tasha on the Rubinelle border prior to the battle, Panzen worried that his daughter may have been killed in the impact. After gathering up some of his old army comrades he moved south to investigate. Upon reaching the coast however he learned that Tasha's troops had escaped NRA custody with Brenner's wolves and fled westward. Panzen finally caught up with his daughter in the village of Salvation, as part of a special unit ordered to deliver the new vaccine to the few surviving members of the sticken city. Panzen now works with his daughter to keep the city alive, eager for the day when they can together hunt down the IDS members who caused such suffering and put a stop to them once and for all.
Panzen is a very brash general. Gruff with his troops, they respect him for his skill and willingness to join them in the heat of battle. He is often sentimental, remeniscing the days when war was decided by infantry and tanks, as opposed to missiles and bombers. Though a very kind-hearted person he harbors a deep grudge against IDS and their wartank design, which he finds impractical and still refuses to field. He also is deeply affectionate of his granddaughter, Pandle, and is training her in the arts of war.

CO quotes: "Give me a tank battalion, and I will win a war"

Co Zone: 1
CO Effect: Overall Boost
Boosts: Tanks
Effect: Offense **** Defense ****

COP: Field Upgrade
Tanks are healed fully and level up

Hits: Pandle
Miss: Wartanks

Victory Quotes:
"Next time let's decide it with a tank joust, eh?"
"Seems the old basics still carry the day"

Random Wi-Fi Scorecard

Xen

Post by Xen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:05 am

Have some comments!

Frederick:
-By no means a bad CO statwise, he's kinda like Forsythe in that he has no real icebreaker. COP + CO Zone is actually rather decent though. Can't complain about Lin-strength units.

Nina:
-Seems a tad fiddly. But still, 3-Zone is better for such a selective effect.
-COP is rather map dependent, as always.

Destin:
-This guy is never going to get his COP off. Ever. Tabitha has amazing statboosts and 0 zone and she rarely, if ever gets her COP or even +1 Zone.
-This COP is quite possibly the weakest COP I've seen. Your COP is Brenner's D2D.
-This guy is so weak you'd have to create three tiers below low tier and place him in the bottom one :|

Polyment:
-Cool concept, but the lowered stats are rather unnecessary. 100/100 is the new 90/90 in DoR.

Panzer:
-I'd use this guy. The lack of generalisation will hurt him though...he'll have a lot of trouble dealing with COs like Waylon and Tasha of all things.
-Nothing bad to say about the COP.

Modular

Post by Modular » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 am

Xen wrote:Destin:
-This guy is never going to get his COP off. Ever. Tabitha has amazing statboosts and 0 zone and she rarely, if ever gets her COP or even +1 Zone.
-This COP is quite possibly the weakest COP I've seen. Your COP is Brenner's D2D.
-This guy is so weak you'd have to create three tiers below low tier and place him in the bottom one
Lol, this is actually a bit funny, because he was the one who I most expected to be broken. I figured, due to the commoness online of indirects that expanding Destin's CO zone would just slaughter artillery blobs (all artillery -50% not counting the automatic +10/+10?!) The COP was designed to be more like Waylon's than Brenners, though I might have overdone it when I was nerfing him =\

Random Wi-Fi Scorecard

Xen

Post by Xen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 am

The biggest problem with him is the 0 zone. 0 Zone basically means that you have to get a kill a turn or you're done. Coupled with the fact that this guy has no survivability beyond Artilleries (which still hurt Tabitha equally well as this guy) and that you're chopped liver against standard counter-units (Mechs, Anti-air, etc.) you'll not be getting anywhere with him.

Simplest fix would be to give him 1 zone. That way his CO unit charges on counter-attacks and you have potential to do something with the D2D.

Modular

Post by Modular » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 am

Xen wrote:...Coupled with the fact that this guy has no survivability beyond Artilleries (which still hurt Tabitha equally well as this guy)...
Wow...I actually hadn't thought of it that way xD
Xen wrote:Simplest fix would be to give him 1 zone. That way his CO unit charges on counter-attacks and you have potential to do something with the D2D.
Editing...thanks for the advice =)

Random Wi-Fi Scorecard