CCO: Regal

The forum for CCOs in our new dark wargame.
Enkuro

CCO: Regal

Post by Enkuro » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Here's my first attempt at a CO. Whoa, I'm PUMPED. Here goes:
Fine, second try:

Regal is the grandson of Forsythe. He is very competent, an intellectual, yet he was on the other hemisphere of the world when the meteors struck. After news of his grandfather's death, he seeks out the 12th battalion. Donning his father's hat, he seeks revenge against IDS, as he heard that the party (Caulder and friends) made Greyfield's actions possible (from the new civilization). He hunts down Tabitha (Penny doesn't count..?), much to the dismay of the majority of the new settlement, with remaining Lazurian nationalists.

CO Zone: 3
CO Zone Effect: (All Units) Attack up 20%, Defense up 10% All enemy units within the CO Zone are visible in FoW conditions (Including Hiding Places)
CO Power: Predator
-Unit vision includes hiding places
-Terrain movement costs are reduced to one, if applicable

The idea behind this CO is a Forsythe replacement. It retains the large zone, but has a more formidable boost meant for a large scale FoW map.
Last edited by Enkuro on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
" No... It was indeed not a dream. We really did it. The King of All Cosmos has really done it. A sky full of stars... We broke it. Yes, We were naughty. Completely naughty. So, so very sorry. But just between you and Us, It felt quite good. ♥ "

deemo

Re: CCO: Regal

Post by deemo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

guaranteed 6 zone with 20/20 to all units?

no.

for a comparison, see lin: she is in the top of fair with will, even though she begins with 1 zone that only affects land units.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Anyway, the game can't handle COZ 6, making it cover the entire map-> broken.
And moreover, +20/+20 is broken with a larger zone than Isa... even her has only +10/+10 for a COZ 2...
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Enkuro

Post by Enkuro » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:45 am

Fixed..?
" No... It was indeed not a dream. We really did it. The King of All Cosmos has really done it. A sky full of stars... We broke it. Yes, We were naughty. Completely naughty. So, so very sorry. But just between you and Us, It felt quite good. ♥ "

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:07 am

Still too strong. In comparison, Isa gives +10/+10 in COZ 2, and nothing more.
Don't forget it.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

deemo

Post by deemo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:37 pm

stern why are you comparing it to isa
isa isn't broken because of her stats, its because of her COP.
probably not broken at this point since COP is essentially useless but he can spam it so he might be broken
i can't really tell at this point

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:53 pm

The COP doesn't strike me as amazing, to be honest.

I think in the current incarnation, he'd lose to Brenner in most situations. Although +20% Atk on all units IS pretty juicy.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

deemo

Post by deemo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:42 pm

the COP isn't that great, true. but my point is that ** attack and * defense all units for 3 zone is pretty darn good even without a spammable COP

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:01 am

Wow, I have to say a two-point short speech.
1- The CO Zone is POWERFUL. Damned, Isa's zone is fair, he has a wider zone with better boosts. Pretty good, he could match M.A.X. (one of my COs) which can pretty much score in high tiers without a COP without having to do anything.
2- The COP is a NOOBTRAP. Maybe not that much since it charges so quickly, but the effects have no valuable impact since his bonus spreads wide enough and piercing vision + perfect movement gives no combat advantage and almost no side effect on gameplay (By side effect, I mean movement, capture, and all-non-fighting abilities).

This CO is UNBALANCED. I'd pretty much kick that second offense star and the little "I see your hidden units in the zone" kink off to give the offense star on the COP only.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

deemo

Post by deemo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:46 pm

ainiku how is the cop a noob trap
3 zone is pretty fudge big to start with. you don't need a huge zone to affect most of your units in the battlefield, which is one of the reasons why forsythe sucks. sure the effects aren't fantastic but it does two things: one it spreads the stats to all units on the battlefield which is useful in a multifront map, and two using the terrain to your advantage is very important to creating artificial chokepoints, which is partially removed when you reduce all movement costs to 1. quite frankly there is no reason not to spam any cop when the zone starts at 3

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:00 am

I mean, if there's not that much terrain for him to take advantage of (and it's harder to use terrain in DC than in previous games, or so I think), the COP is near useless.
It's just a help for breaking artificial chokepoints, that's what you're saying.
But hell yeah, the COP is spammable like crazy so I'll say this CO is near brokeness. NEEDS nerf.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:30 am

I don't know, despite the cheapie COP with 3-zone, I don't see this dude displacing Isabella any time soon.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Enkuro

Post by Enkuro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 am

So then it's fine as is..?

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Hell no.
Give him a less powerful CO Zone and a more powerful CO Power.
Then we'll call it fine. Maybe.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 pm

First, the biography is inconsistent. It's mentioned that he is Forsythe's grandson but refers to the death of his father.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the CO zone. I'm thinking Brenner, but he has better bonuses than Brenner but a nearly-useless COP on par with Lin's. I'm treating this CO as CO zone 5 with 130/120 stats.
What can change the nature of a man?