What video game are you playing right now?

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: What video game are you playing right now?

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:24 am

Dragonite wrote:I guess a Wii U can't emulate gamecube games properly, otherwise they would have done so already. The NX probably will though, so it can get a rerelease then.
It's missing the ports and the disc drive, the Wii U can do hardware backwards compatibility like the Wii though (so much so that hacky types can run it via USB loaders and whatnot)
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:13 pm

One of my minions bought Destiny. I kinda just like faffing about the maps, helping random players by throwing space hadokens at baddies.

In other games, this is a little too spot on for comfort:

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Xen and I had a lot of fun educating Sven about the waifu horrors of FE fates on IRC yesterday.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:28 am

The way fire emblem fates handles kids made me cringe so badly.. It's just messing with my immersion at this point. Bah.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:26 am

I don't even try to get immersed in Fire Emblem at this point. It's a combat simulator/eugenics simulator, nothing more : D

But yeah the excuse for children in FE Fates is just SO incredibly half assed... Same for all the home base stuff, tbqh. The writing in general just seemed really bad in this installment, so I just stopped caring. Still need to beat Birthright though.

Still playing Witcher 3. Not a short game, and I intend to beat it.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:46 am

The base is pretty fine. They could have mentioned a bit more, but it's a valid concept, and makes shopping less of a hassle. It's a pretty good excuse since several of the later chapters take place the same location in quick succession, so a hideout frozen in time is okay, since the only exit is in the time and place you entered or something.

I actually think the plot is decent. It holds up a bit better if you played a path before and are familiar with everybody's personality. I'm enjoying being on the Nohr side after playing goody-two shoes the first time around. Only issue is that a few character still overdo it being quirky, and only of them is sadly a royal sibling.

Conquest is very good gameplay-wise. I've gotten past the infamous chapter 10 now, but I am playing normal, and I went to Camp Boo DLC a few times. I also sinned heavily, I'm finding the zombie horde very gimmicky to deal with, so I discovered the game lets you back and forth between phoenix and casual, so eh.. yeah. The awakening EXP run was also quite the pain, to the point the money DLC map is way easier to gain some early EXP. If it's paid they shouldn't design it to be such a drag. Maybe the map is easier if I'm not stuck with earlygame units with poor weapons.. Thus, phoenix, so can attack more liberally. It's a bogus story with a haunted peak anyway(can't beat veggie zombies though) My current headcanon is that most of the DLC are just trippy dreams, and the EXP gain is just the result of sane training >_>

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:30 pm

So I got my first clear of Kirby: Robobot planet. This is the game that just keeps giving.

There are drills, mecha spaceship fusions and cyborg assassins.

And I can decal my robot so it says "KING KNIGHT" now.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:37 am

I've been playing a shooter named dirty bomb recently which is basically counter strike on steroids.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:41 am

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:08 am

My Etrian Odyssey Untold playthrough is reaching its end. I defeated the three dragon kings (finally!) so now I'm getting some levels on me so I can clear out the last of the Claret Hollows.

Still not enough levels to beat the Depth Dancers convincingly though. Although I can beat them now. Stupid birbs.

Edit:

Very nearly done. Found 100% chests, party is at 70/92, need to grab a few more materials and find the world flower monster. Then I can get horribly annihilated by the Yggdrasil Core. I gave it a look as a lark, TPK on round 2. :?

Narts

Post by Narts » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:51 am

mei is the great satan.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:36 am

Xenesis wrote:Very nearly done. Found 100% chests, party is at 70/92, need to grab a few more materials and find the world flower monster. Then I can get horribly annihilated by the Yggdrasil Core. I gave it a look as a lark, TPK on round 2. :?
Yggdrasil Clover spawns in the tiny three-square room at the bottom of B30F - all the encounters there are full of red & white cells, so bring some AoEs.

Primmy is a giant pain of a boss, you're going to need to read up on its attack pattern if you want any chance of beating it on Expert.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:08 am

Terragent wrote:Yggdrasil Clover spawns in the tiny three-square room at the bottom of B30F - all the encounters there are full of red & white cells, so bring some AoEs.
A combination of Demon Beak, Draining Thrust and Formulae are doing the trick. Certainly better than the rest of the floor and its REVENGE CRABS. I have to take off Severing Slash now, because it gets me TPK'd.
Primmy is a giant pain of a boss, you're going to need to read up on its attack pattern if you want any chance of beating it on Expert.
Yeah, I think Normal may suffice for now. Even then.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:21 am

Even then you'll probably want to be wise to at least the fuzzy picture of how it works. The only seriously vicious attacks there are Root Cyclone (Bravery's Gift is your friend) and the elemental nukes (use the appropriate wall). Problem is, there are some turns where you just have to flip a coin and that sucks.

I managed it with a team of Ronin / Landsknecht / Protector / Medic / Alchemist, but would probably have been sunk without the Yggdra Vaccine grimoire from Manticore (Ancient Pollen is basically a TPK move if Activate is up).

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:32 am

Terragent wrote:Even then you'll probably want to be wise to at least the fuzzy picture of how it works. The only seriously vicious attacks there are Root Cyclone (Bravery's Gift is your friend) and the elemental nukes (use the appropriate wall). Problem is, there are some turns where you just have to flip a coin and that sucks.
As in, you have to flip on which elemental nuke it uses (I saw explosion which I assume is fire)? Might have to find some wall Grimoires if that's the case and share them out.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:35 am

Fortunately it's not quite that sadistic - there are turns where it has a 50% chance of using either a (predictable) elemental nuke or a physical attack. That's mostly quite manageable, except for the small subset of those turns where the physical attack is Root Cyclone. -_-

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Narts wrote:mei is the great satan.
I somehow became a overwatch fan without playing it. And I know most hero abilities. Why does this always happen.

Narts

Post by Narts » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Strangely enough that seems to be a common thing (knowing about Overwatch characters but not playing the game)

The characters are pretty cool though. Except Mei. She should be removed from the game and erased from all records.

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:55 pm

Agreed. I would not object to Genji and/or Tracer being removed as well.
The user formerly known as St Johnston

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:54 am

mei is great i love shutting down people's ability to enjoy the game for seconds at a time and being able to lock my team in spawn when the game begins, blizzard has done a great thing with her

dragonite do you lurk on tumblr or something is that why you keep being infected

mobius reactor why would you wish that on genji and/or tracer, they're great characters. i mean sure i rage when i see yet another genji on my team during defense, but that's only because i know that they're probably awful at genji and won't be providing the nigh-constant harass that is necessary for a genji to pull his own weight on defense.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:25 am

You just answered your own question right there.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:55 am

but i mean they're still great characters

you can't blame a character for the people that play them

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:37 am

I lurk on twitter pretty much. Then I saw the fancy lore to pull me in, discovered some pro players on youtube and eh.. watched quite a lot.

Versus a coordinated team Mei is actually rather useless, or so I heard.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:43 am

Mei is the sole reason why I carry the "I will break you" voice line for Zarya.

So I can say it to her face when she hides inside that stupid ice block in front of me and I reload preparing to boil her when she comes out.

I will break you.

Her sin is to make the game less fun, the fact that she's quite easy to deal with any ranged character is almost moot.

I tend to play a lot on short range characters though which might be my problem

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:30 am

Right now the dev team is very busy not making competive blow up, and looking at heroes that have more pressing balance problems, but they might retool her sometime if the game's more stable if this hate keeps going on.

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:16 am

I keep confusing Overwatch with Battleborn and vice versa.

MobiusReactor

Post by MobiusReactor » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:43 am

Overwatch is the one that isn't dead.
you can't blame a character for the people that play them
Fair point. What about Reaper though, can we kick that obnoxious fudge out?

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:48 pm

I feel a bit sorry for Battleborn. I tried it in the open beta and it didn't seem like a completely bad game... even if my feelings toward it could be largely summed up with "meh" and that was before trying OW.

But being released around the same time with Overwatch... ouch

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:50 pm

SUKA BLYAT

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:38 am

So the new hero is a badass granny

Too bad I'm a complete turd with snipers so probably won't see much play from me.

So just another squishy I can smack around as D.Va

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:55 am

you and your dorito goblins

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:08 am

im just looking forward to not every game requiring lucio and/or mercy, likely in mass

paired with zenyatta updates which probably won't make him top tier but may make him actually playable, the support meta may get more interesting. unless ana or w/e her name is too strong and redefines the meta, but my guess is b/c she is a sniper most people that play her will be awful so she won't ever be used to her fullest ability outside of the top ranks. (on the other hand i am truly dreading the players who pretend she is widowmaker and ignore 90% of her kit)

in any case, this is as good a time as any to practice my sniping!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:15 am

Was getting bored with my EOU cleanup and I'm not equipped to kill superboss, so I have dug into Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold.

Just about near the end of the 2nd Stratum. I am expecting a horrible fiery death.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Pkdragon wrote:im just looking forward to not every game requiring lucio and/or mercy, likely in mass

paired with zenyatta updates which probably won't make him top tier but may make him actually playable, the support meta may get more interesting. unless ana or w/e her name is too strong and redefines the meta, but my guess is b/c she is a sniper most people that play her will be awful so she won't ever be used to her fullest ability outside of the top ranks. (on the other hand i am truly dreading the players who pretend she is widowmaker and ignore 90% of her kit)

in any case, this is as good a time as any to practice my sniping!
I'm also glad as a casual spectator Mercy's Rez charge time was nerfed. Funny nobody really seems to think it's a bad decision since it was dropped every single skirmish.. And they made her more fun to play as well.

I might buy overwatch soon..

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:41 am

Been trying to play more Lúcio to get his competitive win percentage down to a more reasonable level...

except it won't go down

Guess I have to face it... we a support main now

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:05 am

i need to finish bravely second but i need a hella good endgame build to go with

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:23 am

First game after update

Quintuple kill using ult

Love, D.va~

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:05 am

Flame Demon wasn't so bad!

I'm now exploring SNOW. Third Stratum in EO2U go!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:45 am

Decided to play this as a nice surprise.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:12 am

Yeah! Let me know what you think of the classes, I'm really looking forward to trying it out myself 12 months down the track.