WWN Video Game Deal Topic

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: WWN Video Game Deal Topic

Post by HPD » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:36 pm

"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:45 am

L4D2 66% off on Steam this weekend.

If I buy it will there be new L4D2 events here on WWN?

(oh yeah btw I've actually started doing crumpets on steam now so if you wanna add me as a friend you can! ID: DemonKingu)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:14 am

Yes, there will be, but the soonest I'm willing to set one up is during the holidays because this semester has been a new kind of nightmare. Say, December 18th or so?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:02 am

kk i bought the damn thing

now i'm cool rite?

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 pm

Yup, just make sure you have a mic. WWN L4D nights are more fun that way.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:33 pm

Mm, we haven't had one in ages.

If we do I promise to try very hard to not get grumpy and frustrated at the game >_<
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:13 pm

Treedweller wrote:Yup, just make sure you have a mic. WWN L4D nights are more fun that way.
I know but would need money.

Right now I'm broke.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 am

Well, you have all of November to make some money. In fact, why not just NaNoWriMo, secure a book deal, and buy a mic with your advance?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:33 am

Voxatron Alpha, Blocks that Matter and The Binding of Isaac are currently on the Humble Bundle thingy.

Just so you know ;)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:47 am

Jeez, there's a new Humble Bundle out already.

Inversion Bundle: Darwinia, Multiwinia, Uplink and DEFCON. Crayon Physics and Aquaria for beating the average.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 pm

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/empire_e ... ld_edition

Empire Earth Gold free on GOG, bitches

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 am

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Too many of these oh my god

this one has Super Meat Boy

and Cave Story + for those who beat the average price.

Given that I haven't actually gotten Cave Story onto Windows 7 getting the + version might be good for me I guess. Also NightSky HD sounds interesting too
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 am

The Humble Indie Bundles are starting to lose their novelty.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 am

Starting?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:18 am

People participated for the novelty?

I almost always buy them because there's a game I want in there. I view them in the same frame of mind as Steam Sales or something.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:49 am

Treedweller wrote:The Humble Indie Bundles are starting to lose their novelty.
this is true but i'm ok with that because this last one was a really good deal
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:32 am

Just a heads up, If you pay over the extra for Humble Bundle 4, you get the 5 games from Humble bundle 3 with it, as well. And all of the soundtracks for every game. That's 12 games for anything over $5.16.

wat

God, I wish I had some money in my account. Not even enough for this. AGH.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Hexagon

Post by Hexagon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:54 am

Shift Breaker wrote:Just a heads up, If you pay over the extra for Humble Bundle 4, you get the 5 games from Humble bundle 3 with it, as well. And all of the soundtracks for every game. That's 12 games for anything over $5.16.

wat

God, I wish I had some money in my account. Not even enough for this. AGH.
Whaaaaat.

Dammit, I was hoping to never play any of these games ever (because I know my grades would instantly start to suck afterwards), but fudge it that's too good to pass up. D:
Omnes adsint, quamvis dementi, quamvis nefasti

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:42 am

wait i get humble bundle 3 too?

the one humble bundle i missed?

my god

this isn't "value" anymore

this is rediculous
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:58 am

This is ridiculous. I mean, there's this, and then there's Steam. Have you seen what Steam are doing? Deals on...well, everything. And then there's the competition. My god, that competition. Involves the wishlist and stuff. Third place is, like, 5 games of the 10 you choose. Second is all 10, I believe. And first...

First.Well. Good God. It's...It's...

It's every game on Steam. Every. Single. One. Every last game. Everything. All the games there are.

Everything.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 pm

I wasn't going to bother with this Humble bundle and I didn't with the last one, but... yeah, it's pretty much just become too good to pass up really.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Narts

Post by Narts » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:44 am

Treed, if you were thinking of getting Red Orchestra 2, well, it's -50% on Steam, right now.

That goes to anyone who's interested in a different kind of WW2 shooter.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Goddamn it, I missed the 50% thing. It's still on sale for 27 bucks, so I might get it after checking out some videos and reviews.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:42 am

Any UK members who want to pick up Mario Kart 7 for a cut-down price, Amazon UK are doing a deal on it today at 6pm (so in a little less than two hours). Not sure how much of a discount you'll get as they haven't announced that yet, but thought I'd give you a heads-up.

Edit: Never mind, sold out already.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:36 am

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout/

fallout 1 free on gog for undisclosed period of time

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:59 pm

http://mcpixel.net/ here is McPixel, it is an adventure game + macguyver simulator + half minute hero. it is free all weekend or pay what you want

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Borderlands 2 is on GreenManGaming for $48 right now as opposed to $60, it might drop to $37 again if you wait for it.
Make good choices

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 am

I guess everyone noticed it regardless (at least I hope so, because it was excellent) but I just realised there's been no mention of Humble Indie Bundle 5 on this forum at all. Ah well, never mind, Bundle 6 is here now, with Torchlight leading up the 5 (6 if you beat the average) games on offer. Usual site, usual deal. You've got just under two weeks - though no doubt more games will be added after a few days to entice you further.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 pm

That bundle has lots of platform games on it, which makes me quite happy
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 am

Dustforce and Shatter make this a purchase when I get paid Friday, they'll be on the backburner while I play BL2, but Dustforce looks hella rad and I'm always up for more Arkanoid action
Make good choices

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:22 am

Shatter is pretty fun. It's got an awesome soundtrack, too.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:50 am

For those of you with macs, The Witcher 2 was just released for OSX. And it's on sale for another 42 hours too at $22.49 USD! If you haven't played it, you should. It's one of the best WRPGs I've played.

Oh, and GOG stocks Mac games in its catalogue, now.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 am

For those of you who remember last summer's Character Battle, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is going on Steam tomorrow! So if you're still curious about the video game icon Giana, now's your chance to find out more about her!

Of course I'm still waiting for Skullgirls to come on to Steam as well. It's been announced a while ago but there's still no sign of a release date ;_;

Narts

Post by Narts » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:38 am

I'm quite liking this game

It's got even less to do with the original Giana than the DS game did (but that's probably only for the better) the morphing gimmick works quite well (reminds me a little bit of Ikaruga, in a strange but good way), the environments are lush and the soundtrack is all kinds of awesome.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:56 am

Found this:

Steam Game Deals

It's a blog that seems to dig up obscure places that have good deals for steam codes. A lot of it is GMG, but still. Cheap!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:14 am

GoG is having a 'Pick 5 and pay $10 sale.

:o

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 am

Yet another steam sale. It's like they want to drive me broke.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Yeah, there's been some pretty neat deals. Like Skyrim and its DLC are 50% off, making Dawnguard reasonably priced for the first time.

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 am

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay a good price, don't be a dick.

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:53 am

if i could i would, i only have 77 cents in my bank acct