WWN Video Game Deal Topic

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

Pkdragon

WWN Video Game Deal Topic

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:04 am

EDIT: this post was a mess, summary: post video game deals in this topic so we can all save money!
Last edited by Pkdragon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Re: WWN Video Game Deal Topic

Post by thefalman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:02 pm

For those who want to get in on WWN's L4D2 nights, Game.co.uk are offering the PC version of the game for a paltry £10. For that price, I'd pick up a copy myself if I had a PC I thought could run it decently. This is somewhat UK-centric, although they do ship anywhere in the world for a flat fee per order (£2.95 for Europe, £4.95 for the rest of the world).
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:38 pm

£15 is a pretty good price for L4D2, considering.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:57 am

Okay kiddo's. Steam's currently offering a cute Diablo-esque hack and slash game called Torchlight for 5 bucks. It's usually 20. I'm playing it, and while it does play a lot like Diablo 2, it's got a lot of personality and I'm enjoying it a good bit. Just throwing that out there.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:21 am

Play.com have various deals on video games (and lots of other stuff) on at the moment, but one in particular jumped out at me: Madworld for not even a whole 4 quid. Bonkers. I've no idea how good the game actually is, but it looked pretty stylish if nothing else. And seriously... 4 quid?
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:57 am

£9 for the Quake series is a steal if you don't already have it. It lacks Quake 4, though.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:35 pm

I found this neat little site - good for comparing cross region steam prices: http://www.steamprices.com/
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed May 05, 2010 7:49 am

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Five full indie games. World of Goo is an amazing game, not sure about the quality of the rest, but it's still a good deal because You pay what you want and you can choose to have all the money to charity.

They work on OSX natively too!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed May 05, 2010 8:54 am

Oh man.

That pack looks awesome despite me having 3/5 games already. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BUY IT.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu May 06, 2010 4:40 am

And don't be a douche and pay 1p for it. Donate a decent amount, otherwise you end up costing them money due to bandwidth.

kiwi

Post by kiwi » Sat May 08, 2010 10:47 am

fudge someone paid 1000 for this thing

I coulda swore the highest was ~200 and the total ~300k when I checked this yesterday morning

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 am

HL2 series 30% off.

If you don't have these games, get them. Truly amazing games. If you didn't like the first one, don't worry as it's a bit different in style.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri May 28, 2010 8:47 am

Very impressed with the HL2 graphical update. Redownload it if you already own it, it looks like it could've come out last year.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Supreme Commander 2 sale this weekend on steam!

11Bux, seriously. Madness. Absolute madness.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:03 am

Buying when I get home.

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:12 am

Crazy Steam Summer Deal just started. Fire up Steam and head to the store at your own peril. Specials every day. Today's specials:

Overlord Complete Pack ($4.50)
Counter-Strike: Source ($6.80)
Unreal Deal Pack ($13.60)
Aion Standard Edition ($19.99)
BioShock 2 ($14.99)
Trine ($4.00)
DiRT 2 ($10.00)
Killing Floor ($5.00)
Make good choices

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:18 am

There goes my pay.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:05 am

god dammit steam

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Pkdragon wrote:god dammit steam
My thoughts exactly.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Strong Bad Season 1 is currently on sale on Steam for $5 USD.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:51 pm

I found this: http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

Three classic rockstar games ready to download? Hell yes.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:12 pm

GTA 2? Hot damn.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:18 pm

For those of you with iPhones/iPod touches, Civilization: Revolution will set you back a grand total of nothing on the app store right now.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:00 am

I imagine they're not the only people rolling out deals for Black Friday, but MS have detailed some one day only XBox Live price cuts, as well as further deals that will run until the beginning of next week. Full details here.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:04 am

Steam are having a Thanksgiving sale thing.

Seriously, Audiosurf for £1.50?

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:23 am

The Daily Indie Bundles are the standout here. I wet myself when I saw the story bundle up yesterday (And Yet It Moves, Gish, Recettear, Jolly Rover, and Puzzle Agent), and apparently it's still there for one more hour so HOP ON IT.
Make good choices

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm considering going in for today's indie bundle simply for VVVVVV, even though I already have World of Goo.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Vx6 is pretty cool. It was worth the fivebux I bought it for before it was on sale in the pack.

Xen

Post by Xen » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:41 am

Worms Reloaded is 50% off on Steam this weekend.

If you guys get it, hit me up for a game or two :)

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:02 am

I just bought Super Meat Boy and the entire Civ IV series for 10 USD on Steam.

Goddammit Valve
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:57 am

gog.com has just released Heroes of Might and Magic IV complete for tenbux.

Wooo tempting but I still have three King's Bounty games to complete ._.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:33 pm

for an undisclosed amount of time Perfect Dark is 800 points instead of 1200

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:15 am

The are five free games in the Steam Store. Check'em out.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

ThrawnFett

Post by ThrawnFett » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:04 am

slickdeals.net

They post almost all of steam's deal plus a ton of others...
Wow. We went from a cynical look at history repeating itself and Pichu swearing to Veggie Tales. Thrawn is definitely online. ~Pichu
You know, I have this feeling that one day your sig will be nothing but an archive of witticisms I've made over the years. ~Pichu
"Frankly, I wish that everybody was a little more like you. We'd certainly see less asinine behaviour all over the world." -Terragent

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:22 pm

hat fortress 2 is now free

so far all I hear people that paid for it get = a hat

fudge YOU VALVE.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:27 pm

I got a hat too when I downloaded it for free.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Monsyphon

Post by Monsyphon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 am

Im ok with the hat looks nice on my medic and F2P gives me more noobs to blow up

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:14 am

Heh, Audiosurf is now 89p. Kinda' glad I held off on it.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:53 am

Humble Bundle 3 is here, I imagine it'll get its own topic at some point but well, here will do for now.

Also, Xbox-owners - ME2 DLC is half-price until August 1st (apart from Overlord for some reason), and there's a deal on various Microsoft-affiliated DLC, including map packs for the Halo series and Gears Of War 2. I think the latter deal ends today though, so you may want to be quick.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:59 pm

thefalman wrote:Humble Bundle 3 is here, I imagine it'll get its own topic at some point but well, here will do for now.
I was able to pick this up in the nick of time. Yesss.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis