WWN Video Game Deal Topic

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

Pkdragon

Re: WWN Video Game Deal Topic

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:21 am

i had just made a resolution not to buy any more games until I had beaten a couple... then the humble bundle goes and does that

it just isn't fair.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:23 am

Thankfully I already have the only two games I'd want in this sale (SR3 and Darksiders) so I'm not in on this... and I honestly am a little miffed at this Bundle; the original intent seemed to be to spread interest in indie devs while raising money for charity at the same time. THQ as a company is decidedly not an "indie dev" (not even a developer period), and I imagine one of the only reasons this sale is being run is because the company is on the verge of collapse due to poor management.
Make good choices

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:48 am

Probably. But the HB represents the way the industry needs to go to marketing-wise.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:38 am

I'm not sure the humble bundle is sustainable but it does get people like me buying video games.

I don't remember the last time I've bought a game at full price (besides Elemental: Fallen Enchantress which was fantastic and I'd been waiting for a long time.)

I'm such a scumbag but hey i'll buy games at full price when I have a full time job.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:48 pm

awww yeah

i actually have never owned duke nukem, this is great news

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:19 am

Saw that just in time, thanks for the heads-up!
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Obligatory mention of new Humble Indie Bundle.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:20 am

obligatory mention of steam sale incoming

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:44 am

Neat! I heard it's fantastic.

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Swagged out. Waiting for a Steam release and sale so I can buy tons of copies and gift them to literally everyone
Make good choices

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm

see i'm afraid that the amount of hype i've heard for this game is going to ruin it for me

i'm literally expecting the best game ever

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:37 am

Can we use this topic to attempt to facilitate b/s/t of games? Trying to figure out a way to get MK9 Komplete before I get paid :V

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:44 am

Oh hm I would be interested in creating a separate topic for that. I think a lot of people would balk because the idea of using your real address w/ regards to strangers on the internet is a bit of a terrifying prospect, but I'll fire up a new topic regardless.
Make good choices

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:23 am

torchlight 2 on sale for this weekend i believe, also steam workshop for it is out

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm

75% sale on Portal 1 and 2, if any of you guys still don't have them you can get both for like 5 bucks.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:41 am

http://www.gamersgate.com/springsale

*breathes in*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Estimated bank account by end of week: overdrafted
Make good choices

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sat May 25, 2013 11:35 am

Not quite a video game deal, but a video game music deal:

http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed May 29, 2013 4:05 am

Speaking of (indie) bundles, the daddy of them all is back.

I've been meaning to check out Thomas Was Alone for a while, so the rest of this is basically just gravy.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed May 29, 2013 10:27 am

It's a pretty neat deal. I bought it for Hotline Miami and Proteus.

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Wed May 29, 2013 11:07 am

A really solid group of games. Definitely grabbing this one.
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Wed May 29, 2013 11:15 am

It's like they have a hotline to my wallet!

Thomas Was Alone easily sold this one for me.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri May 31, 2013 4:35 am

Maybe you have not played The Walking Dead because you are a bad person (like me).

Now you can fix that with the latest Humble Weekly.

I swear, Alan Wake and a Telltale pack back to back, plus HIB8? They are going HARD.
Make good choices

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:01 am

If you have Xbox Live Gold, you can currently get Fable 3 for free/zilch/nothing/nada. Dunno how good it is, but free is free, right?

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:41 am

So, Torchlight is free on gog.com at the moment, just thought you should know. There's also a sale on, 50% off a bunch of stuff, sometimes going even higher.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks GoG, I'm now $30 poorer and 20 games richer. :o
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Yeah, GoG's sales today are insane.

And I was making so much progress on clearing my backlog, too...

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 am

For someone who doesn't own all the games already, the Sonic games available for android (and presumably other devices) are available on sale. For example, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 (The widescreen one with Tails and Knuckles as other characters, so it's slightly different from the other 12 consoles you own it on which isn't available on consoles for some ridiculous reason) is available for 77p and whatever that equates to in your local currency. Sonic CD is too, as is Sonic 4 Eps 1 & 2 and Sonic Jump. If you care about the latter games.
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Holy free games on registering at GOG, Batman!

no seriously, I was not expecting that
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:45 pm

You missed out on when Broken Sword: Directors Cut (plus the original and other GoG bonuses) and Fallout were free.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Do they just periodically give out free games? Or are the free games special bonuses for stuff? I'm not too familiar with GOG.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:55 pm

They were just free for some reason. I think one of them was celebrating the site's birthday.

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:12 am

Steam Sale started

You know what to do
Make good choices

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:29 am

Did someone say Steam Sale?

[youtube]VFxfooNz_mY[/youtube]

[youtube]-SGCWhWBjYc[/youtube]

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Humble Bundle alert.

Already played Fez, Trine 2 and Brutal Legend, but sure, I'll chuck a few dollars your way for FTL and Mark Of The Ninja.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 pm

I already own FTL and Fez, so there's nothing here that appeals to me :(

Oh well, I'll see what they add in a week, since it's always something.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

Narts

Post by Narts » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:52 am

Silent Storm on Steam. Anyone who liked XCOM and hasn't played this classic should be very interested.

Yes, I just called a post 1995 game a "classic". Very uncharacteristic of me but in case of Silent Storm I can make an exception.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Latest Humble Bundle is actually really awesome.

Worms: Reloaded
Ticket To Ride
Bard's Tale
Greed Corp
Anodyne
Incredipede

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:38 am

Woah

Indeed