Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

Dragonite

Re: Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Post by Dragonite » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Found out a bit more about deathpool, seems interesting enough. Should try to see it sometime.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:19 am

Everyone should go see Deadpool. It is honestly the most fun I have had in quite a long while.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:35 pm

Yeah I went to see Deadpool. It was pretty fun, agreed. Opening scenes were brilliant, at least up until the origin story started. It definitely suffered from the origin story stuff slowing down the pacing, and the villains were kind of really really mediocre (especially given the potential villains deadpool COULD have been going up against) but the movie still more or less delivered what it promised, which was dirty humor and asskicking. Worth the ten bucks for the ticket, not worth the concession stand trap, holy crumpets popcorn is expensive. (lol i am theater newb)

I'm hyped for the sequel, in any case. With the origin stuff out of the way and Deadpool firmly established as a character, there will be more time to let Deadpool actually do his thing. Plus, you-know-who. Yeah.

Of course, I then went and watched Daredevil episodes 5 and 6, which was an interesting contrast. Ironically, I think Deadpool was the more heroic of the two heroes- the fact that the violence in Deadpool is over the top for the sake of humor (... for the most part), while Daredevil puts a lot of effort into showing the brutality of the fights. I don't know that much about Daredevil, but I've always thought of him as one of the more... hero-y heroes, but they are definitely giving him the Dark Knight treatment in this show. So far, at least. Excellent stuff, though. It's a good time to be a marvel fan.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:40 pm

i'm very superhero'd out
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:16 pm

"Unakau has nicked off. And there was much rejoicing."

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:49 am

Pkdragon wrote:and the villains were kind of really really mediocre
I for one was totally okay with having a mediocre villain. Not every superhero movie needs to be about saving the planet/solar system/galaxy/plane of existence/whatever.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.