The Super smash bros topic for U guys.

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

Dragonite

The Super smash bros topic for U guys.

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Olimar revealed. *tumbleweed*

This may indicate regular updates will be starting, and as such, I just went ahead and made a topic for later.

Shift Breaker

Re: The Super smash bros topic for U guys.

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:14 am

Wasn't Olimar revealed a while back? Oh well, I hope that the site gets updates as much as it did for brawl. This may be the reason I get a Wii U. Eventually. Vita first.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Not sure, happened to check the site, seems like it updated with his introduction today, but he could have been revealed elsewhere.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:41 am

Sakurai is doing a daily photo on Miiverse, for those who have a Wii U. Although I think they get put up on the site too.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 am

Oh hey, it's sonic.

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:27 am

Yeah Sonic being back should surprise exactly no one given the exclusivity thing.

Toon Link's confirmation makes me hope and pray they've mixed up his moveset at least somewhat to avoid clones, but screenshots confirm bombs, bow, and spin attack, so my actual confidence is low.

Sonic's moveset was solid in Brawl but he had exactly three kill moves; a couple changes to some normals or at least the way they hit would be awesome instead of having to try to land a back air or forward smash constantly.

Who else has been confirmed since this came up last? Luigi is back, he'll be the same, Peach is back, she'll be the same. It's been all veterans since the proper reveal at E3 and I'd love to see who else Sakurai has up his sleeve.
Make good choices

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:44 am

Current list is...
Newcomers

Mega Man
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer

Returning Characters - Super Smash Bros.

Donkey Kong
Fox
Kirby
Link
Luigi
Mario
Pikachu
Samus

Returning Characters - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Bowser
Marth **NEW**
Peach

Returning Characters - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Olimar
Pit
Sonic
Toon Link

Total: 18
Last edited by Shift Breaker on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:14 am

I think at this point it's safe to say everyone from N64 Smash is in there permanently; we're missing Ness, Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi. The F-Zero game in Nintendo Land confirms Nintendo hasn't *completely* forgotten F-Zero exists, Earthbound just got an overseas VC release, Jigglypuff has somehow made it into three games and is now Fairy Type or whatever the hell, and Yoshi has a new game coming out in 2014 as well.

IF I HAD TO SPECULATE AND I WILL NOW I'd say Marth is also coming back, Chrom is replacing Ike, Diddy or Dixie is showing up but not both, Zelda/Shiek will come back, 'Dorf is likely but please god with a new moveset, Falco is back, DeDeDe or Meta Knight depending on who's more important in the new Kirby game, Ice Climbers will probably be in it (guhgughughghh), and whatever Pokemon is the flavor of the month from X/Y will replace Lucario. Also Zero Suit Samus probably (gross).

That puts us at 32 characters, five less than Brawl if we include Shiek and Zero Suit in those numbers. That's a realistic guess though, if I was wishlisting I'd have a whole different set of crumpets (Toon Dorf with the twin swords, Dixie 100% over Diddy, fudge' GROOSE, 9-Volt and 18-Volt replace Ice Climbers and have a totally different moveset, oh my god I could go on).
Make good choices

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:32 am

I honestly think we'll see Mewtwo again. Two new mega forms offer a whole new playstyle compared to his Melee self, and point to him being the current flavour of the month. Not to mention being pretty highly requested.

The most curious thing to wonder is which guest characters we'll be getting, if any. I'd expect more in this than Brawl, but even then only 4. Can't expect Snake again, although he was bloody good fun to play with. Maybe Bayonetta? Someone from the SMT series? Commander Video?

Okay, the latter is extremely unlikely.

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 am

Bayonetta is a Dream but they'll have to change her playstyle given that the core mechanic is her clothes come off as she attacks more. I haven't watched enough Bayonetta 2 trailers to see how much of that is retained, but if it's toned down that's possible. Given how Sakurai has thrown a fit about "not just any franchise," though, I doubt it. Someone from SMTIV is possible to cross-promote SMTxFE, it'd probably be Flynn/the MC although I mean if they do Bayonetta with clothing removal Mara would be rad.

Also yeah Mewtwo makes sense, good call.
Make good choices

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:37 am

Ah, true, I forgot that this isn't Sony Smash Bros. and it's not getting filled up with just any old game series. Well then, that makes things more interesting. Maybe someone from Dragon Quest? Monster Hunter? Rayman?

Oh god, imagine if it was Rayman.

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:27 am

Marth confirmed

Hold your surprise please
Make good choices

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:33 am

Holy crumpets I did not see that coming
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:42 am

"Are people already complaining Marth is still nerfed because of the continued loss of wavedashing" "You bet"
Make good choices

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:12 am

Wavedashing was fun tho! It upped the pace of the game.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:03 am

Marth was a given, only what happens to Ike interests me. He might be axed in favor of Chrom, or Ike stays and Lucina is introduced as a more agile fighter.. However, seeing how fast marth is I doubt they can make a faster sword wielder without her being broken(meta holds that role and broken status anyway). I still like Ike more then Chrom as a option after playing both games though, Chrom suffered from being the last in a line of many archetype recycles and the slighty bloated nature of the plot(I should bring the game itself up in further detail elsewhere).Ike stands out more vs marth, this was the case even in the Awakening DLC.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 am

Linkman wrote:Wavedashing was fun tho! It upped the pace of the game.
Yes, I find finger cramps genuinely fun.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 am

At least they removed tripping this time. I didn't play brawl enough to hate it, but randomly getting stunned when moving around is a very bad way to solve the problem. Sakurai wants acessible carnage over competive sleekness anyway, so he probably will stick close to Brawl in other aspects.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:38 am

Xenesis wrote:
Linkman wrote:Wavedashing was fun tho! It upped the pace of the game.
Yes, I find finger cramps genuinely fun.
Why so bitter?

It's okay if you don't like wavedashing, but it did make things faster and for those who played that way, it was fun.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:52 am

Marth, such a surprise!

I edited the list because lists are fun.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Linkman wrote:Why so bitter?

It's okay if you don't like wavedashing, but it did make things faster and for those who played that way, it was fun.
I don't like it because it gives me handcramps. That seems pretty straightforward. :|

You can make a game faster without silly things like that that actually y'know...hurt?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:14 am

Fair enough.

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm

i just want to play as mewtwo

i play a shockingly decent mewtwo
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:12 am

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:31 am

What

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:02 am

Is there a reason why that is on a different site?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:03 am

Your first question should be why does Nester look high as balls?

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:29 am

A rather disappointing troll, for all the effort that's gone into duplicating the look of the pages.

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:29 am

Yeah, a valiant effort for a bizarre reason. Would have been far better spent on a crazy third-party character or Geno (why is it not Geno).
Make good choices

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:06 am

Because no one really cares about Geno.

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 am

Did that die down then? I remember hearing about how mad people were about Geno's "snub" forever around Brawl.
Make good choices

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:22 am

Screw you Xen Geno is da bomb

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Never heard of nester before. I admit the site made me fall for it at first, until I looked around, because I heard it here. I TRUSTED YOUR LINKS LINKY

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 am

I realized it was an april fools but c'mon! I had to let you figure it out for yourself!

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 am

In a perfect world Big N would have announced that the entire cast of every Super Mario RPG game - Mario & Luigi included - was playable.

And then the rage would be FURIOUS.

"Fawful, Geno, and everyone else turn-based battle their way in!" youtube comments explode
Make good choices

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:05 am

I totally heart Mallow.

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:39 am

Direct solely focused on Smash on the 8th.

Make good choices

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:11 am

That direct.. especially glory mode lol. Sakurai knows how to troll. And of course, charizard is back.. And greninja is our gen VI contestant.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:01 am

Looks pretty good, to be honest.

I'm disappointed that Zero Suit Samus is back, though.

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:09 am

Yeah we also cheered when Sakurai said she wouldn't be back...

And then she was. With pumps. Ew.