Pokemon Go

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

scraggypunk

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:55 pm

it's your friend's big moment. don't be rude
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Actually, I didn't see my Dratini evo due to a literal unknowm error. The rest I've seen about 180 times for exp fodder evo's.

Or at least award exp for third stage evolution peoperly..

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Due to too little time, I haven't really played in over two weeks now. Now I feel I have little desire to go back to it. I think I've sort of moved on. The grind is just getting stale after a while.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:54 pm

It will likely go down in popularity over the winter months, and probably see a resurgence in spring.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Depends on if they roll out more features and/or gen 2 next spring
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:25 pm

They'll probably will. I'm still in conflict if I should go for a Pokemon Go Plus, since this game is pretty much is a beta right now, could be useful if I used it to get ahead in the coming lull.

Gyms are still a pain if they are fortified, but I've been gathering more viable pokemon over time. The main issue with battles is that enemy special moves hurt a ton for some reason, and dodging is messy. The tell is vague ,and in some cases damage will be applied before the animation or text box. You can't dodge in the middle of a animation, and it's already quite bothersome to trigger specials yourself. And then it's easy for the game to think you're tapping to attack instead of swiping to dodge. Finally, dodge to the right and you might hit the run or switch buttons.

It's really odd how barely complete this game feels. They haven't fixed the pokespot error either, and like I stated this morning, anything but hatching is entirely devoid of rewarding you proportional to effort/resources spend.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:36 pm

and even hatching is pretty terrible

not gonna go for a goplus. it's an overpriced trinket that does very little and apparently has an abysmal capture rate

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:19 am

Dragonite wrote:this game is pretty much is a beta
It actually officially is. It's at v0.37.1. I'm surprised they haven't made that bit more obvious, as it's a good excuse for everything that's gone wrong.

And I won't be going for Plus. It's not worth it. I do intend to keep playing the game though.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:47 am

I might be able to use it to it's full extent with how the city is laid out. It has many pokestops and spawns in a road where it's somewhat of a pain to stop every few meters. The poor capture rate is because it seemingly throws one vanilla pokeball for you. For such a price you would at least except some decent catch rate boost.
Speaking of which, Ultra Ball suck pretty badly if you take into account how rare they are, and it's easy for a throw to miss or fail in addition to this. Yeah, it's a easier time if you don't want to get a rare basic mon get away, but it drops off sharply if your target is anything more then that.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:58 am

Today I caught a Pikachu with a santa hat.

Uh.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:43 am

I have like 4 of those now.

Anyway, hit level 28 yesterday. Have some degree of power, but still no Dragonite.

Also, gyms are still a mess. Current system encourages people to be pragmatic and oftentimes lazy. The local instict gym is stable, but mostly level 10 all of the time to just encourage the strongesy players to leave the large mass of mystic players alone. This pretty much sucks and bores me.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:50 am

I'm lazy and only level 26. I've stopped paying attention to gyms altogether as they're not much fun at all. Pokedex is decent at 122, but I'm missing basically all the rare ones and all the gen II mons they've released recently. I had put it aside for a few weeks between the Thanksgiving event and Christmas event, but the free incubators are nice right now, even if they're only one use.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:14 pm

Haven't bothered with it since september or october.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:58 pm

So Blissey is nearly unbeatable within the 99 sec time limit. I'm having increasing doubts about the gym system. It favors defenders, and the whole freenium aspect warps how they will balance the 'economy'. getting any coins at all is a drag.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:24 am

Dragonite wrote:So Blissey is nearly unbeatable within the 99 sec time limit. I'm having increasing doubts about the gym system. It favors defenders, and the whole freenium aspect warps how they will balance the 'economy'. getting any coins at all is a drag.
eh, i've long since stopped bothering with gyms altogether

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:00 am

I last did early January, then didn't play much due to cold. I had a go at a local Blissey to check, and now I'm just waiting until the nerf will strike. 200% HP just skews things in general. I'm sour about the feature to gang up on gyms with multiple attackers. It's a nice idea for those with a squad, but the need to balance for it made battles sluggish. They've started to tinker with the rules though. Although effective, spamming basic attacks was a bit silly in practice. Charge moves still leave you very open considering how random attack patterns are. If they are shooting to eventually make it Pokemon battles like, they have a long way to go before it feels even average.