Pokemon Go

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

daisy

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by daisy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:15 am

it makes you go outside lol

the graphics are good

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:06 am

yeah but i mean

i played pokemon go

for a few days

then it was way too hard to keep up with so i stopped
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:19 am

pokemon goatse

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:47 pm

i hope this doesn't mean we won't get a pokemon snap sequel
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:36 am

Trainers, a new bug affecting throw accuracy increases the odds of escape and omits the XP bonus. We are working on a fix, stay tuned...
All I needed to hear.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:23 am

Yessss

Even though I seem to be doing ok with my captures lately, I do miss the XP bonus for nice/great/excellent throws. At least the issue caused me to actually put some more effort into my throws.

Also yesterday me and my friend got chased off by a cop for playing PokeGO where we shouldn't. Sort of proud haha <_<;
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Now revert the flee rate and we are good.

The tracker outrage is people not getting the strain on the servers. Once it's replaced stuff will be fine. This game has so much room for growth still. New items, pokemon, polishing..

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:28 am

So this thing came out yesterday

There are three pokestops surrounding my workplace and they all have lures

help
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:11 am

Dragonite wrote:There's no way I'm going to put effort into this in public.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:31 am

Linkman wrote:
Dragonite wrote:There's no way I'm going to put effort into this in public.

Lol, time sure taught me. I played it when shopping.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:09 am

You get used to it. Just looks like you're texting.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:50 pm

I'm not getting the buddy update yet, but I heard Niantic is being stingy with the rewards(about 5 km for a single candy for rare mons). Which wouldn't be so bad if the app didn't have a very strict max speed cap before it just stops tracking at all. I just biked 15 km for just sort of a KM tracked. I know they are afraid of driving, but I'm starting to dislike their way of designed combined with how silent they tend to be..

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:05 am

I don't have the update either. Don't know why it's rolling out so slowly.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:45 am

who the frick is still playing this garbage
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:06 pm

i got monster hunter so i no longer leave the apartment outside of work and dinner

so i stopped
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:21 pm

I still whip it out from time to time but tbh what's keeping me from playing is the fact that I no longer run into new pokes. My dex is at ~80 or so.

I probably still open it daily.

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:26 pm

I'm still playing it as I go from A-B and sometimes go on Pokewalks still, but I would never do that alone. It's more of a social thing. I've reached 90 in my Dex. Once I get to 100 I'll probably call it quits until gen 2 is released.

And yeah, the tracker is way out. I essentially double any egg distance requirement.
scraggypunk wrote:who the frick is still playing this garbage
Wrong Pokemon topic.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:26 pm

HPD wrote:I don't have the update either. Don't know why it's rolling out so slowly.
I don't get it. Last time they tweeted the update I found 24 hours a long wait, but didn't expect to be so late this time. It's been 3 days. Logistics can't be it right?

They know since July pokemon GO is something big. 2 months should be enough to dial up the team and resources a bit, at least to avoid stuff like this..

I had hoped the cold weather would bore people easier so I could take gyms easier, but as I'm writing it the temperature is breaking a record with a tropical 30 C in mid-september. Last year it was rain and all doom and gloom. Gyms continue to be a hot potatoes or bastions I can't take easily. I haven't got my hands on something like Snorlax or Dragonite yet, and unless I get lucky with that, I still have to blow a lot of resources if a gym happens to be entrenched.

Magikarp looks like it will be a excellent buddy pokemon though. 1 candy a km makes it a lot easier to raise the remainding candy I need. I also plan to get a Dragonite someday, but I'm only just short a Dragonair. With the current system I would need to walk 500 km with it to evolve it easier. At least it will ease the grind somewhat.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Not gonna walk a karp lol. Got enough candy for my second Gyarados as it is.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:21 pm

You must have more spawns then I do.. I've caught a fair amount of them, but pidgey still dominates for me.

Heard on the web IOS 10 might be related.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:08 pm

I run Android Oxygen, definitely not IOS

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Probably region based you guys. I haven't got it either.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Does only the US have it?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:43 am

I'm guessing they're rolling it out slowly, region by region.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:03 am

If so, they should've been clear it was a very slow rollout that could take several days. People only figured out their intent after nothing happened for a few days.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:11 am

buncha clownnoses running this show
wisdom

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:28 am

So, now it's online everywhere all at once. The hell?

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:04 am

After the botched launch, bugs still not addressed, and obvious features missing, did we really expect anything else from Niantic? They're the Bethesda of the mobile world.

EDIT: Actually they may have been waiting for noon San Francisco time, as that's where they're based and that's approximately when the update occurred.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:23 am

By the way, I greatly enjoy all our grumping in unison. Really, it makes the game more fun for me if I have people to talk it over with.

You got more to rant about Niantic Dave? They seem do genuinely care about the game, but they are so clumsy about it. They have major updates planned, but the game excessively relies on being grindy to keep you from completing it too early. I found out Ingress has this problem to a lesser extent. It's not really pay to win either, they just demand you'll settle down with a slow progress after a while. Might get tweaked, Ingress seems to have less random elements in, as far as I can tell.

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:19 am

Get some irl friends who also play. It makes it so much more fun. I would have quit in the first week otherwise. It is grindy now, but it doesn't feel like it because it's social. If anything, I'm grinding to overtake my irl Gary who is always one step ahead. Friends can always make an otherwise crumpets game fun. (Ingress is better in terms of mechanics, PG is better in terms of theme and community.)

Niantic clearly don't have the budget to be running games like PG or Ingress. There are bugs in Ingress that have never been addressed, despite being known about for fudge years.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:00 pm

I mean they made over 500m already. They are literally rolling in cash from being mediocre.

So who's your buddymon? I wanted Eevee but 5 km per candy is ludicrous.

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:37 am

Wartortle because if I don't get a Blastoise before irl Gary I will commit suicide.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:38 am

Charmander. I've got a pretty decent one I want to upgrade to a 'zard at some point, but candies are scarce so it's not a very difficult choice.

After that it's probably Clefairy, since I also have a good hatched one, but hardly find ones in the wild. Besides, they're low on km/candy.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:33 am

I had a Dratini for 5 km(seriously guys, you know me), and I now have chosen magikarp a bit. A Gyrados might expand my gym options a bit.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:47 am

I'm doing Pikachu cause I barely see them here.

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:55 am

HPD wrote:After that it's probably Clefairy, since I also have a good hatched one, but hardly find ones in the wild. Besides, they're low on km/candy.
Weird. Around here they're so common they're annoying.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:50 am

pokemon GO(atse)

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:48 pm

App has been acting weird with loading the shop page and such since yesterdays ''stability'' update. Anyone else noted stuff?

daisy

Post by daisy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Lesson #7 in dealing with Niantic: Only update the app after a couple of days or if you're forced to.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:51 am

I'm convinced we need a evolution animation skip badly >_>