Dual Strike - Super Force Ranks Mod

Discussion of complete and in-progress major AW Hacks or Projects - challenge hacks, War Room map packs, Online Advance Wars sims.

Moderator: Terragent

Z_Boy

Re: Dual Strike - Super Force Ranks Mod

Post by Z_Boy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:23 pm

I could either translate if you:
- give me the tool you use for editing the texts of the new CO skills
- or just write theses texts in a simple .txt file (or .doc whatever) and I'ld give you back with the french translations.

But still, in first I wish to play on my NDS without fatal bugs. ^^

Question: did you change anything in Hard Campaign mode missions?

PS: mobile artillery with a range up to 8 squares O o

Chelf

Post by Chelf » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:35 am

Sorry for bumping this, but I was testing this on hardware, and it worked perfectly fine, but when I booted it up into Desumune (0.9.11), it crashes the game when you attack with a unit, unless you turn off combat animations. Figured I would let you know.
Signature. Mmhm.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:54 am

Thanks for the report :)
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

ThermobaricTank

Post by ThermobaricTank » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:40 am

It doesn't work in my R4i (using it on a regular DS Lite); it crashes whenever i start a battle or enter any kind of CO selection menu, even in the CO Design. I really like this hack and enjoy using it in the emulator to make Grimm absurdly strong but i would like to play it in the DS. I understand if this can't be fixed and thanks anyways for this awesome hack!

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:33 am

Could you please list the address of the skills "Team work" and "synergy" when loading the rom with winhex? Thanks!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Uh, what specific address? The skill's ASM code? The graphics? You'll need to be more specific.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:33 am

Ah, I mean the address for changing the value of the 'synergy" and "team work" (5% and 8%). I would like to modify this to other values.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:58 am

I spot a potential bug after installing the patch in the AWDS(US).rom. The game can crash(can get stuck in the battle animation) if the battle animation is on. But if I totally turn off the battle animation, it works fine.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:42 am

This doesn't work neither on my R4 nor TWLoader (2DS with CFW) I get a red screen with all options of the main menu, could I make it work if I use the source code to modify my rom directly instead of patching it?

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:17 am

it doesn't work on hardware anyways

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:47 am

I just want to tune the already existing skills because I feel the impact they have is too low, but I have no idea how to do this. I tried hex but I can't find the offset or the values for the skills even when using the CO data as reference. I also looked at the source code but I'm not really into ASM so I didn't understand anything, and instead of using this patch as a base I would like to make it from scratch for myself. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated, I'm happy with at least getting the empowerer effect.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:42 am
This doesn't work neither on my R4 nor TWLoader (2DS with CFW) I get a red screen with all options of the main menu, could I make it work if I use the source code to modify my rom directly instead of patching it?
Hmm! I haven't seen this one before. What type of R4 (or clone) do you have, and what kernel are you using? (Stock R4, Wood, etc.) I wouldn't trust anything with TWLoader yet, because I know the compatibility will be terrible for a fair while. I don't even know if TWLoader works with stock AWDS yet.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:47 am
I just want to tune the already existing skills because I feel the impact they have is too low, but I have no idea how to do this. I tried hex but I can't find the offset or the values for the skills even when using the CO data as reference. I also looked at the source code but I'm not really into ASM so I didn't understand anything, and instead of using this patch as a base I would like to make it from scratch for myself. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated, I'm happy with at least getting the empowerer effect.
The way the skills work is almost entirely through ASM subroutines (even in the original game!) - so you'd either have to adjust the values in my source code or find where the code compiles in the ROM and manually edit the values. The actual strength of all the force ranks is controlled in a file in the source code called "forcerankpower.asm" and it's in the common folder. You can modify most of these by adjusting their numbers.

I will fully admit that modifying the source code is a pain in the arse at the moment, but I need to work out a better and less hacky method of changing AWDS code.

D-Reaper

Post by D-Reaper » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:07 am

Well mine is a R4i and I tried with the original firmware,wood and another one which I cant remember but always get the same problem: crash with any menu option. And knowing TWL compability issues I kinda expected that it wouldn't work with the patch but tried anyway. I was really hoping that the skills had the values accesible in hex but I'll try using your source code, thanks.