War Room Hack II - Beta Test

Discussion of complete and in-progress major AW Hacks or Projects - challenge hacks, War Room map packs, Online Advance Wars sims.

Moderator: Terragent

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: War Room Hack II - Beta Test

Post by Xenesis » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:46 pm

...do you have a video of that one? I'd really want to see it. ._.

But regardless, happiness! All S-Ranks confirmed. Now to finish off my other lists of things...

That clears the list of number one priority! All that's left is to fix up bugs and do all the remaining presentation work!
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:55 pm

I will continue to play the ROM, and each limit, which, of course, is in China in the BBS. Because I was to prove XENESIS is correct, and not to show off the ability. But I will put the video to here, further shows that I didn't lie. Just don't know you can see my video released yesterday?

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Oh, I forgot to say, if Xenesis to announce my name, please write hl7608239, in China I have been using the ID, and most people simple call me as hl

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 pm

tangbaichuang, I can download and re-host the videos if necessary, keep posting them! :D

On a related note, that Bombadier strategy is very amusing.

EDIT: In case you're not aware:
Von Bolt's picture messes up in the victory splash.
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Xen

Post by Xen » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Nope, missed that one.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Very happy you to my video interested, I have time plus do video, but I don't know what the original video through method to you, it will be better. But in China can not open the YouTube, I only can choose Chinese website, I hope you can understand the difficulties. But my English is not good, please forgive me the grammar of chaos.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Yeah, we understand. A lot of western sites are indeed blocked in China.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Thank you for your understanding. Also very happy X0_000 can see my video, then other friends may also can see. In the future I don't know, can use video to exchange it. Below is my AW video folder, everybody has the interest can be to look, http://www.youku.com/playlist_show/id_16503388.html
It is my own video, not regularly updated. Purpose is to improve the http://awrevival.netfirms.com/ strategy, http://awrevival.netfirms.com/ is very famous in China, many people think that there is the limit of the strategy, but I tell them, and better WWN.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:11 am

I also was able to see the video. Nice tactics. I did not see the whole video, but your manipulation of enemy units is great.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

Thank you very much for my affirmation,I do not good.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:09 am

Alright, so I've updated the first post with things I need to do.

I've got a bundle of bugfixes to do.
Coding the last of the GUI things (Essentially S-Rank Display) is all that's left there.
A few more COs need new power AI, although I can probably blow that through in an evening.

If you guys have any more bugs for me beyond the odd AI falling asleep weirdness (which I do not know what it is caused by), please tell me!

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Looking forward to the new version of the early arrival, I will continue to participate in the test work.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Revirside (Grit) 15day 300S
Day 14 is to end the task, but I a mistake. Should not use Tank to play Inf, but should use the Mech to play. Is a pity. But the next day, Andy MD walkman-Tank not dozen Grit MD walkman-Tank is first met, I don't have very good preparation, although already is faster, but I think that grasp well, should can be faster.
http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/ ... MjI4/v.swf
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzIzMTQyMjI4.html

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Bugs, bugs, lots of bugs~

Kindle and Von Bolt's names will clip on the CO Dossier
Been researching this bug, it's going to be a pain to fix. But basically happens because the graphics are not a nice, even length in terms of compressed datasize so it overwrites a part of the next block of data. Yay! >_<

Von Bolt's Sadface is glitched
This was caused by a bad pointer, it will be fixed with the next update.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Xenesis,Your article Xen's AW2 Notes Dump Very good .But can modify a project specific address to come out? For example I want to change the price of colin, just look at the numerical is said in ECFF, and I can't put all this value to try all of them, I hope you can in a time when the AW2 modify the commonly used write down the address. Be like me so of the layman is can't find the hidden deeper address. Of course if the great god, can you make a static CO modifier, can let we all can make your own HACK ROM (just to change the CO attributes), then that was the eternal important event!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:02 am

Actually, there's an easier way than just using a hex editor to edit it: Link

I've compiled some nightmare modules which are small modification scripts for Advance Wars 2 (And AWDS too) that allow you to just edit specific information. The instructions are all in english, however.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:09 pm

You are too big, I used your module, really very good with, you are a genius, I can DIY a own HACK ROM, this all is because your masterpiece, thanks again.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Consult Xenesis, I modify War Room inside of the map for the fog is invalid, what is this?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:11 pm

The war room only uses default game settings that are hard-coded. The Fog of War setting will only work if you're playing in the Campaign.

I had to write some GBA assembly code to get the War Room hack to have Fog of War with Sonja.

Anyhow, lack of progress. I'm a bit frustrated because I can't test on my actual GBA because my GBA flashcard cable has gone missing. Most irritating.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:00 pm

I'm sorry, I asked a sad problem. But with the simulator to test ROM can also? If you need any help can tell me. In China some things very good buy, I can give you, as gifts for my friends. I still have some questions, hope you can answer. 1. How to modify map, 2. How to modify AI

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:50 pm

I tested all the toll-gate, S level evaluation of time and CO as follows, the hope can help to you the next job.

Spann lsland Kanbei 12 days
Mial's Cape Colin 13 days
Iron Knuckle Colin 8 days
Beach Head Colin 9 days
Long Bridge Sami 15 days
Bank Robbery Colin 11 days
Battle Bridge Colin 14 days
Island Nation Colin 14 days
Crescent Isle Colin 6 days
Fort Isthmus Sensei 9 days
Barracuda B. Kanbei 10 days
City of Gold Eagle 8 days
Waza Sensei 9 days
Legion Pnsla. Sensei 9 days
Sorrow's Bl. Colin 9 days
Bombardier Max 13 days
Whirlpool Kanbei 6 days
Talysman Grit 10 days
Old Wounds Max 15 days
Frost Bight Sami 13 days
Snow Day Sami 9 days
Under Siege Colin 12 days
Split Mountain Colin 21 days
Feeling Blue Colin 11 days
Riverside Grit 15 days
Marshlands Sami 20 days
Ganglands Sami 13 days
Comet Catcher Sensei 15 days
Silo Storm Sensei 9 days
Unholu Alliance Sensei 13 days

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Yesterday I was started from the limits of ROM, below is the research results of the yesterday, I was inspired our BBS others joined in, and the results will tell you in succession. Hope you work in China can get promotion.
Spann lsland Max 9 days S
Mial's Cape Sensei 8 days S
Iron Knuckle Sensei 8 days S (limit time Sensei 5 days 200 points)
Beach Head Sensei 9 days S (limit time Sensei 8 days 271 points)
Long Bridge Sensei 14 days S
Bank Robbery Sami 5 days S(Sensei 10 days S)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:57 pm

tangbaichuan wrote:I'm sorry, I asked a sad problem. But with the simulator to test ROM can also? If you need any help can tell me. In China some things very good buy, I can give you, as gifts for my friends. I still have some questions, hope you can answer. 1. How to modify map, 2. How to modify AI
Don't worry about it! I like it when people have an interest in the things that I'm doing. Some things are just challenging unless you're experienced!

Anyway, you and your friends' progress on the maps is nothing short of amazing. Those times are great. :o

For doing other mods:
1. To modify maps, look at this topic. Use the nightmare modules to help you.
2. For modifying AI, it is very difficult. What do you want to change?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Patch Update, mainly bugfixes!

-Fixed Bug (Von Bolt's Sadface Portrait)
-Updated Von Bolt's SCOP to use new graphic (Thanks to x0_000)
-Fixed a text-wrapping error on one of Von Bolt's SCOP Quotes
-Fixed a situation in the tutorial where you could end it prematurely by capturing.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:47 pm

All the test and limit is one of my complete, we don't like it much superior BBS, I even if is a more severe role! I specialized in research and video walkthrough limit. Recently are doing their best to recommend you for all the ROM.
AI's problems, which it is. The inside of the CAMPAIGN such as level, on the WAR ROOM inside, winning conditions can't identify. AI will break Pipeline, not protect it. Or the choice of such as Spann Islad, can only be left lower, I want to choose the upper right, but there appears a mistake, then to only 1 P upper right into, and then it becomes the I go first, how to let me choose the 2 P? Only seems to change the map AI it.
English learning is too poor, I hope you can understand, and help me answer. Thank you.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Excuse me Xenesis, ROM will update? Will have such great work of art? I will always support you!

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 am

The limit of the now

Spann lsland Max 9 days S
Mial's Cape Sensei 8 days S
Iron Knuckle Sensei Colin 8 days S (Limit time: Sensei 5 days 200 scores)
Beach Head Sensei Colin 9 days S (Limit time:Sensei 8days 271 scores)
Long Bridge Sensei 14 days S
Bank Robbery Sami 5 days S
Battle Bridge Sensei 8 days S
Island Nation Sensei 8 days S
Crescent Isle In addition to Kanbei outside of the all of the CO 6 days S
Fort Isthmus Sensei 7 days S
Barracuda B. Sensei 8 days S
City of Gold Eagle 7 days S
Waza Sensei 7 days S
Legion Pnsla. Sensei 7 days S
Sorrow's Bl. Colin 9 days S
Bombardier Max 13 days S
Whirlpool Kanbei 4 days S
Talysman Sensei 6 days S
Old Wounds Max 15 days S
Frost Bight Sami 13 days S
Snow Day Sami 9 days S
Under Siege Colin 12 days S
Split Mountain Colin 21 days S
Feeling Blue Colin 11 days S
Riverside Grit 15 days S
Marshlands Sami 20 days S
Ganglands Sami 13 days S
Comet Catcher Sensei 15 days S
Silo Storm Sensei 9 days S
Unholu Alliance Sensei 13 days S
Not one of them research level of less than 10 off, soon all done

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:12 am

Apologies if it seems like I have been neglecting this, I haven't.

Just quite simply, GUI hacking is a major, major pain in the arse. I have all the backend ready for the CO-S Rank display, I just need to get it able to be displayed. I've also been working on bugfixes, but it's slow going as some of them are hard to fix. :(

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 pm

You want to continue to work hard ah, now only you can save AW destiny. Most people are not too concerned about LAN games, they AWBW to play, but I don't like. I'm still in insist, believe that the new ROM will bring new hope. Yesterday I and BBS friend appeared difference, I chose to push out, I was his construction of new website, believe that the future will begin to work. And your work will be the focus of the publicity I will, I will be in China open up a HACK ROM column, one of which will be to your ROM pictures, video, text, the comprehensive analysis. I hope you can forgive my rudeness, and support my work. To attract people's eyes, must have fresh feeling, you will be able to do it.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Patch Update:

Bugfixes:
•Completing the Tutorial marks it as complete and with an S-Rank
•Once the Tutorial has been completed, resetting will preserve the ranks.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:51 am

Kindle's Property Boost does not work correctly when attacking Pipe Seams
Been researching this particular bug this morning - it's not quite what I thought, units attacking a pipe seam will get the terrain boost if their initial position was on a property. This is similar to the Caulder bug of being able to move out of his zone and get the boost.

Kindle's variant will likely be easier to fix than Caulder's, and it has less of an effect (Pipe seams are on about...3 maps?)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Guess what? It's patch update time! Now with a double-whammy of bugfix! Get it from the initial link!

Patch Update - Bugfixes:
•Kindle's units will now properly receive her terrain boost when attacking pipe seams - the game now uses the tile the unit is currently on, rather than the one it started on.
•Caulder's units will now properly receive his CO Zone boost when attacking pipe seams - As the Kindle fix.
•Caulder's units will now properly receive his CO Zone boost when attacking enemy units.

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 am

Your update soon, too well. Our BBS, everyone is very like this ROM, Caulder VS Sturm, nothing is more exciting! But Caulder carry not to spend money? This doesn't seem like the original setting.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:47 am

That's correct, putting caulder in a CO Unit doesn't spend money unlike in AW4.

I simply decided against it for reasons of gameplay complexity in the AW2 system.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Minor patch update:

Bugfix:
•Von Bolt hitting himself with his SCOP will result in paralysis that appears to be an allied unit to the current player.

Tweak:
•Von Bolt now uses a Black Hole HQ and Black Hole style units.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:46 pm

•Caulder's CO Unit may de-CO when attacking while stationary as a human player.

Oops. Working on a bugfix now.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:41 pm

The bug has been fixed, if you downloaded within the past two days, re-download :)

tangbaichuan

Post by tangbaichuan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:40 am

Good. Xenesis is perfect make patchwerk his avatar of war! Ask a question, is there any AW1 and DOR nightmare modules? Want to use. And AWDS nightmare modules too simple, want some more content.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:08 am

There's a unit editor and a CO editor for AW1 and DoR in the Syogun Change subforum...but nothing anywhere near as extensive as AW2's stuff.

There's a huge amount more work I've done on AW2 compared to the other games.

WIP for the final feature required for the project! :D
No Bars or +/- or On/Off yet, just getting this far is awesome. But this adds a Page 5 to the CO Dossier ;)

Icons:
Luck, Capture, Price Reduction and Counter-Attack Strength
Plains, Forest, City and Mountain Attack and Defence Strength
Plain, Forest, Rain and Snow Movement
Vision Range, Piercing Vision, ?HP and Fuel Reduction On/Off
Mistwalker, Soul of Hachi, S-Rank

:D