"The wait is over… the time is now."
VERSION 0.3.5 OPEN BETA
Welcome to Custom Wars Tactics!!!
Hello. My name is JakeSamiRulz, the current lead of the Custom Wars Tactics initiative. I am here on behalf of my talented team and supporting individuals to present you with the first ever engine dedicated to modernizing AW, Custom Wars Tactics. This is not your typical common AW clone. Everything in CW:T was built from the ground up, using the latest tools and technologies. We are determined to make this the final time that anyone has to go looking for a proper AW experience.
Custom Wars Tactics Home Page
Check out the link above to try the game using the "Play CW:T" in the left menu.
Features of 0.3.5 Open Beta
- Play anywhere with a browser: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS
- Control Support: Keyboard, Mouse, Game-pad (Chrome), Touch Gestures
- Maps Available:Spann Island (Featured), Stand-Off, & Minus-Hills
- AI: Play against AI and even pit AI against each other
- Modernized Look & Feel: Custom UI and themes
- Basic AW Game Play: Ability to capture, attack, move, and create units.
This is only the beginning. The team at Custom Wars Tactics isn’t focused on making a game. We are focused on designing an experience. To make sure that this program has longevity over the course of many years, we also have a lot more features currently in the works.
- A desktop version dedicated to take advantage of PC features
- Emulation for AW1, AW2, AWDS & AWDC/DoR via modifications
- A fully realized Network mode with Lobby
- Ability to alter the game object data (Units, Terrain, Properties & Inventions)
- Ability to create and edit CO’s, maps, & campaigns
It doesn’t have to end with just testing the game, though. I suggest that any individual that feels they have something to contribute to make this project better to please step forward. We have set up a few ways to do this…
Custom Wars Tactics Forums
Custom Wars Tactics Bug Report Site
My goal for this project is to turn this into a community effort. I am willing to take any support I can take, even if it as simple as just filing in a bug report. In order for CW:T to turn into the best that it can be, I need a good support net to help take it there. There is no support net better than a community that hasn’t had a core game release for over 5 years. Beyond bug reports and feature requests, we are also looking for…
- Talented artists
- Map sprite artists
About the Team
I believe that all great games have a powerful support group. This game engine is no different. Here is a little bit of information about the team that made this possible.
- JSRulz (Lead): A Java programmer for 10+ years, with experience in art & music.
- CesarRamsan (Network): A Perl Programmer who works our servers & advanced AI.
- MaraSargon (Forum): Responsible for music, writing manuals, and forum upkeep.
- Xenesis (Founder): Founder and Host for all forums and servers for CW.
Custom Wars Tactics Credits
https://github.com/ctomni231/cwtactics/ ... redits.txt
About the Game
I really do hope that you get the chance to enjoy what we have produced so far. It is your continued support for the games that has given my entire team the ability to create something as awesome as this. At the same time, I still would like your full support as we move on to the future of CWT.
Thanks for your continued support! Now have fun and enjoy the game!!!
Custom Wars Tactics Lead Representative
Advance Wars Fan since 2001