Infinite COs 1.2 - Sensible Bug Fix version

Discussion of complete and in-progress major AW Hacks or Projects - challenge hacks, War Room map packs, Online Advance Wars sims.

Moderator: Terragent

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Infinite COs 1.2 - Sensible Bug Fix version

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:26 pm

For Hacking Detail See Here

This hack includes an IPS file that you can use to play Advance Wars 2 with a ridiculous number of COs. Have fun!

IPS Patch V1.2 - Requires Clean USA AW2, I haven't included a patch for both variants
IPS Patch V1.1
IPS Patch V1.0
Will likely be updated as I improve the core ARMIPS module.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Sven

Re: Infinite COs - Silly 1.0 Release Version

Post by Sven » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 am

this is super cool

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:08 am

What's the difference between Sniffit and Sad Sniffit?
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Lambda

Post by Lambda » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:06 am

It's AW1 campaign Sturm and AW1 versus Sturm.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am

aw1 VS mode sturm dittoes are the pinnacle of advance wars.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:38 am

Now you can ditto AW1 campaign sturm as well!
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Infinite COs - Sillier 1.1 Release Version

Post by Xenesis » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:43 pm

I uploaded an update.
Version 1.1:
Fixed an Ex Machina and Covering Fire crashing bug
Reallocated the War Room CO select so that a larger list can be used (can select all COs for War Room now)
Fixed some text that was spilling out that I didn't realise.
Magically Fixed Walter's music (I don't know how and I'm not asking why)
Download from the first link.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Infinite COs 1.2 - Sensible Bug Fix version

Post by Xenesis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:46 pm

I uploaded a second update.
Version 1.2:
Fixed AI Profile Setting for Advance Wars 1 COs
Fixed Movement Chart Typo allowing Mechs to traverse the seas
Fixed AW2 Andy havin a WIP Daily CO Power Function test code still active
Fixed Numerical Stat mistakes for these COs:
-AW1 Sami
-AW1 Eagle
-AW1 Kanbei
-AW1 Vs Sturm
-AWDS Max
-AWDS Sami
Fixed an ARM/THUMB mode pointer error causing AWDS Olaf's SCOP to hang the game
Fixed AW1 Andy using glitched graphics on Hyper Repair animation
Fixed AWDS Eagle's AI power use rules
Fixed AWDS Andy's Powers having no effect
Fixed AWDS Eagle's Powers having no effect
Updated the CO Stat Dossier page to blink correctly for many COs
Fixed text string error for the Music On/Music Off strings resulting in window truncation
Download from the first link.

ztdent

Post by ztdent » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 am

I attempted to apply the v1.2 patch, but it seems that all I get in my emulator is a black screen.

Is there some other patch that's supposed to be applied?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:26 am

Try the ROM cleaner patch: link

lstanley93

Post by lstanley93 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 am

These are the known bugs I've encountered, this is in the 1.2 patch version. I have poked around the code myself a bit though so not sure how that may have affected the base code

-Jugger as Green on Stamp Islands - only deploys land
-Kindle as Blue on Toil Ferry - only deploys land
-Rachel as Blue on Trident - only deploys land
-Yamamoto as Blue on Egg Islands - only deploys land
-AWDSEagle as Blue and AWDSDrake on The Ring - only deploy land
-Javier's power counts Md. Tank as Indirect Combat unit
-Caroline and BillyGates pointerhack tables seem to ignore input on the defensive attribute
(It shows up in the CO data stat bars in game, but doesn't appear to effect the actual damage calculations, the default 10% defensive boost on co powers still does seem to work properly with them.)

These are just the known bugs I have run into on the 1.2 patch, not all of the ones that exist.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri May 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Great, I'll have a look into the AI settings and see what's going on there.

lstanley3

Post by lstanley3 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:31 am

Been playtesting a few ideas on how to import the Days of Ruin COs to Black Hole Rising, done by modding the sfw COs, came up with a few implementations that I think are fairly balanced, (Where appropriate that is, Caulder and Tabitha builds are still a little OP, but they were OP in Days of Ruin, so what're ya gonna do, mostly I just did direct translation of stats, I'm sure you'll see the pattern)

(These implementations all include giving all units an additional +10 to attack on top of the standard +10 Defense when using a power, just trying to stay truer to the mechanics of Days of Ruin which include the firepower and defensive boost with all powers, and CO zones. I mainly just wanted to see how the Days of Ruin COs would look like using the built in Wars World Mechanics)

Will: xxxXXX (Might seem like an Overly Nerfed Max, but I would counter argue that he doesn't have Max's Weaknesses either, IE no indirect penalties)
Daily: All Direct Ground (Including Infantry and Mech) get a passive +10 to Attack, no other positive or negative daily effects.

Power (Blitz) (Rebel Yell was taken by Lash/Hawke Tag Power in Dual Strike and couldn't come up with anything better): Direct Ground units (Including Infantry and Mech) boost to firepower is increased to +30, in addition they gain +1 Movement, all other units gain +10 Firepower, all units gain standard +10 Defense

Super Power (Rally Cry): Direct Ground units (Including Infantry and Mech) boost to firepower is increased to +50, in addition they gain +2 Movement, all other units gain +10 Firepower, all units gain standard +10 Defense

Gage: xxxXXX
Daily: All Indirect and Naval units get a passive +10 to Attack, and +5 to Defense, no other positive or negative daily effects.

Power (Snipe): Indirect and Naval boost in increased to +30 Attack, +20 Defense(standard +10 Defensive boost included), and +1 indirect range, in addition all other units gain +10 Firepower, and standard +10 Defense.

Super Power (LongShot): Indirect and Naval boost in increased to +50 Attack, +30 Defense(including standard +10 Defensive boost), and +2 indirect range, in addition all other units gain +10 Firepower, and standard +10 Defense

Tasha: xxxxXXXX
Daily: All Air Units gain +20/+10

Power (Turbo Boost) (NOT THE SAME NAME AS JESS's TURBO CHARGE): Air Units stats increased to +50/+30 (Standard Defense Boost Included) in addition to +1 Movement, all other units gain +10/+10 (again standard defense boost included)

Super Power (Sonic Boom): Air Units stats increased to +90/+50 (Standard Defense Boost Included) in addition to +2 Movement, all other units gain +10/+10 (again standard defense boost included)

Caulder: XXXXXXXX (8 Stars, on purpose)
Daily: All units have +10 Attack, +10 Defense (Like Von Bolt)

No CO Power

Super Power (Mega Boost): All units heal by 5HP, and stats are increased to a total of +60 Attack, +60 Defense

Tabitha: xxxxxXXXXX
Daily: All units +5/+5

Power (Scorched Earth): Drop a 4HP Meteor, and increase all unit stats to +35/+35 (Obligatory +10 Defense included)

Super Power (FireStorm): Drop an 8HP Meteor, and increase all unit stats to +60/+60 (Obligatory +10 Defense included)

(Do you see my pattern yet, my other planned tests involve similar translations, the trickiest implementation would be Lin, since her vision boost only affects her ground units, we would have to write something new to handle that.)

BloodyKeyblade1994

Post by BloodyKeyblade1994 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:24 pm

THIS + Force Ranks + Changable Army Colour + DoR CO's = Me want
^ I would even pay for that if necessary

Anyways super silly me finding this one so late ._.
Great job on this so far Xenesis

Also Tronald Dump and Hadolf Itler would be funny CO's just sayin' :D