The Official Kanz Topic

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

Kanzer

The Official Kanz Topic

Postby Kanzer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:01 am

Well, guys… it has been really a long time. Some of you might wonder where I've been, many will not care, and the newer folks will not even know who I am.

You might remember how I had been almost a whole year giving you folks some hints as to how my life turned from hyper-awesome to utter crapsack in almost no time, and talking about, no matter how hard I worked, nothing ever got better. It's been many months since that, and it still hasn't. And still I fight. Life pretty much sucks, but I get by.

I health, I also got worse. I almost stopped coughing and my lungs stopped growing worse (not getting better), but then a pain started making home in the left side of my chest and it's been there for almost two months. It's searing, it burns, and it sucks. The doc's are studying it. I went through many more tests, lung capacity, asthma checkouts, electrocardiograms, many X-rays and a digestive tract analysis (many of these tests I might not know the correct names in English) sicne they prefer not to think someone as young as me would have developed a heart condition. All tests for naught. I’ll have some more results January the 10th-ish. Yesterday I got worse again, and vomited like 6 times in an hour and a half time. Blood, after I emptied my stomach. Yuck. Scary.

University… well, I went through quite a lot of crumpets, but this year I’ll be through with it, I’ll graduate, I’m halfway through this year’s classes and through my Grade End Fieldwork, and now facing the potential inflection point of my life.

Since my life is very unlikely to ever come back to normal (let’s face it, it’s been too long to still think as the past as the definition of "normal" anymore, aka "sucky" is the new "normal"), I was thinking about… well, building a new life from scratch. I’m tired of always giving my best for everything, for everyone, and always having to face everything alone in the end. Not always because I am alone, but rather because, no matter how many good friends I've made, nobody can possibly help me when I need some help. I was thinking about throwing paleontology out the window (despite it being my lifetime dream job), picking something in the oil field, and flying somewhere else. Some place where no one knew me and I knew nobody. Starting anew with only one thing around from my past life: myself.

It sounded kinda silly but it made a lot of sense. Also, nobody in that hypothetical new place would ever feel sorry for seeing me in my current state, since I would have been like that for as long as they knew me. I could only go upwards from there. Seriously, I was even considering not communicating even with my family anymore, so that they wouldn't be bothered by all the people I'd left behind, since I would've also cut off all means to contact me.

It sounded kinda silly but then Repsol grew interested on me. Repsol as in Repsol YPF, the third largest corporation in Spain, and the 15th–ish biggest oil refining corporation in the world. I’ve got direct contact with a woman in the presidency of the company and they are quite interested in me, for some reason. So the means to my crazy plan just came by in golden lace. I will do my end of Grade professional practice (kind of like an "intern job") with them, then get sent to Argentina, Venezuela or wherever the fudge they need me, and start winning some big bucks, travel around, probably never settling anywhere and riding the dollar if I prove my worth to them.

So well, starting this summer I might start working for them, and by the end of summer I might be getting the hell outta here. I have less than a month to decide.

In other news, my theatrical fencing group, Versus Madrid, is getting involved into quite some BIG crazy stuff, we're going to act in a crazy bigass Con in Madrid's Theme Park this July. Famous actors like Viggo Mortensen, geeky crumpets like the last Batmobile or Doc's DeLorean and many, many cool fellas like the 501st Legion an all that. And we’re gonna have the Great Theatre all for ourselves. This is HUGE. It's quite frightening. But we'll nail it. Also, I mastered reiki just two weeks ago, and it's quite a big change in me. I'm not gonna on this elaborate unless someone personally asks me anything, but woah.

You might not be surprised if I tell you that my former Advanced Technical English, Alastair, asked me to do some classes for him while he was out. In addition to working in the University, he also teaches groups of varying age in his house, and since he's also working at the embassy, sometimes he has to go out of town and wanted me to cover those classes for him, despite me not having any official titulation for that. He pays very well, I have good practice and the groups (ranging from 10 year olds to First Certificate Applicants) don't have to lose any of their weekly classes. Alastair said they like me very much. I was quite glad to know. Luckily my health is giving me little trouble about this.

Also yeah, I'll try to get better. I take care of myself. Promise!

So uh, how about you guys? Bored too much without me? I remembered you, oh man did I. The one I've been thinking about the most is Mel. Probably because she's the one I've seriously and personally talked to the most, but for some odd reason I've been pretty worried about her. I seem to recall something was odd the last time we talked and then I haven't seen her on MSN for quite a while. I hope nothing bad happened because I've been quite worried, so you better come check in and say "things are awesome" and it be true. Other folks like hat-tastic Xen, Treddiepie and all the regulars I also thought about, hoping everything was on the range from "regular bawww" to "aw crumpets yeah" for them. Guess I'll know if I stay a while… and listen.

I have no time today but for this only post, but I'll be checking up on you guys. I hope my life allows me to come check by regularly again.

PS. I promised Treedles a brand new stickman doodle. He told me you never had one since I last came. Shame on you!

Used some reference. I hope it does not detract from the lack of quality you've grown to know and love!
Last edited by Kanzer on Tue May 08, 2012 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Narts

Re: OHAI

Postby Narts » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:50 am

So looks like kanzer boy has grown up and accepted reality. It's every man for himself and big corporations are the best thing ever. Yay! But it's true. Money does taste sweet.

Mel is still posting, by the way, meaning she's probably alive and well. I think she mentioned something about having attempted suicide though which is something I have to admit is pretty horrible.

McTool

Postby McTool » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:06 am

Good to hear you're doing alright, Kanz! Hope to see more of you around the forum, time permitting.
Make good choices

onewaystreet

Postby onewaystreet » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:01 am

Yo yo good to see you back!
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.

thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o

I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:54 am

Glad to see you're still around, Kanz!

I sincerely hope everything will work out for you as you've planned it. I admire your courage.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Treedweller

Postby Treedweller » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:16 pm

It's beautiful. Thank-you my darling.

I'm so glad that you're still doing well and that you have a connection in a corporation--use it! As much as I used to be against 'selling out' and working with big evil corporations, life isn't fun without money. Get it, use it to travel and pursue what really matters to you. Just watch your health, hon.

Enkuro

Postby Enkuro » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:38 am

No need to cut off people, I think. Just... don't wind up like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRT9CMh3s8c
" No... It was indeed not a dream. We really did it. The King of All Cosmos has really done it. A sky full of stars... We broke it. Yes, We were naughty. Completely naughty. So, so very sorry. But just between you and Us, It felt quite good. ♥ "

Atticus

Postby Atticus » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 am

Oh hey, it's the most badass dude this forum has ever seen. Good to see you!
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Well, it's been a month since I said anything again but know I did come to check the topic, just didn't find the time to actually say anything. I'm touched so many of you still remember some stuff. I know it hasn't been that long after all, but for me it feels like years, no kidding.

I'm very shocked to learn that about you, Mel, but I'm not going to speak about that here, of course. I hope whatever made you go down into that place is long gone and that you'll recover to smile at life again. Know that people all over the world remember and love you. You can still find me out on ol' MSN if you wanna hang out for a while. Say hi even if I'm disconnected, I might be actually there.

Same goes for everyone, I'm hard to find anywhere on the net nowadays except via MSN and Steam. Those are on even if I'm not, say hello and I'll chat a while if I'm there. Will update with some stuff about... well, something. Whatever you might wanna know. When I find some time.

I hope I can start coming more often from next week on! I'm still in finals.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Good luck with those Kanzer. I'll make sure to chat with you again then. Last time was... august or something?

Chilly

Postby Chilly » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Good luck, Kanz! ^_^

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 am

Today I made THE Big Decision. If I do eventually work up the balls to act to it, I hope it works up for me for once. I also hope I'm not making a huge mistake.

Also if somehow I do not get myself a place at Repsol, I'll totally try to move to Norway instead.

SJCrew

Postby SJCrew » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:56 am

You know, it's usually more constructive to be specific about whatever it is you're talking about so that we can chime in. Not much I can chew on with that first line.

What's got you interested in Norway, anyhow?
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Postby Xenesis » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Eh, he's been mysterious for a good year now. I don't see why he'd stop. :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Kanz

Postby Kanz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Sorry on that guys. I'll try to be a bit less secretive. No promises, though. Anyway, My PC's been broken for like a month and I'm still having some trouble with it, nothing I can't get done by this week's end I think. I hope we'll see each other faces more regularly een if it's only via L4D, not like there's anything wrong 'bout that.

Gentleman of Dread

Postby Gentleman of Dread » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Use the skulls of your victims to make a new computer. That's what Apple do!

Kanz

Postby Kanz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Well, that sounds actually interesting...

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:55 am

I broke my hand last Friday night out of pure frustration when I couldn't change friend's mind out of suicide. We eventually managed, at least for now. I've lost far too many people to give up on anyone else. With only one hand, I'll probably become even harder to find on the Internet, but those of you with Steam still can find me out there for a chat.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Postby DTaeKim » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Sounds dramatic.
What can change the nature of a man?

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:35 pm

The guys is becoming kind of a prick. I worry that I'm stopping to care.

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Tue May 08, 2012 6:41 am

I'm being awesome enough to having managed getting all the assignments done, the End Grade Project running smoothly, the many camps prepared and the Professional Practice thing going on with only one hand woo hoo.

Aaaand I'm probably having the cast removed off my right hand tomorrow. We'll see how it's been healing.

For the few of you I've managed to chat at any time, it was nice talking to you guys.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: The Official Kanz Topic

Postby HPD » Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 am

Keep up the good work, man!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Thu May 17, 2012 2:47 am

My hand is healing surprisingly fast and well. I went on the first field camp last Thursday through Sunday and I found out just how awesome a geologist I have become. The workload and constant distraction were pretty good to keep my mind busy and off the wrongs I can't right. Today I'm finishing the less important of my three assignments and preparing for a pre-camp exam for the long field camp. Also been helping a bro move and having more sleep.

Last few days I've been reflecting on something. I've been a bit happier than usual. Or more exactly, I've been happy for longer periods of time. It is because things are starting to click together in my academic life and as a geologist. Of all thing things that have been happening to me, of all the things that have gone horribly wrong this last year, and knowing how hard have I fought for every single bit of what I've achieved, this one thing nothing could take away from me. And I'm almost there. I'm almost there!

I have grown wisest, more prudent, more knowledgeable, a better geologist, and my last assignements, exams and fields trips have been going amazingly smoothly. And it's tomorrow's exam and presentation, one more paper, three exams, the camp and the End Grade Project presentation, then I'm done with it. Those are quite a few things all right, but it's just one month and a half... and I can do it. And I know I can! The sheer realization of this is a breathrough.

I'm not afraid, but I have to be careful about this. I want this to go right. So many things have gone wrong, this one has to be it. I'm confident, and I'm working hard enough and looking for other's help, friends, colleages, teachers.

I am going to make it. Things are looking up.

Gentleman of Dread

Postby Gentleman of Dread » Fri May 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Kanzer, you are the person who gets dealt a bad hand in life, flips the table over, beats life in the face untill Life gives you better cards.

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Sun May 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks guys, I try. I had another field trip yesterday and man, I'm getting really good at this.

Also I'm managing to get myself some free time to help a bro move and roleplay some Exalted, which is a very good evasion from my everyday stuff and real fun.

I'll try to keep you guys updated as my exams start rolling in next month.

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 pm

crumpets.

Two new positions have appeared for Professional Practice. I was working on getting into fossil restoration by pulling some connections, the two new challengers appeared. One is, again, an evil super oil corp, Cepsa, and the other is a dreamjob, Dinópolis, a place in a rad dinosaur lab-museum. Both are amazing one-time oportunities. I cannot choose.

I'm so not used to things going fine.

Gentleman of Dread

Postby Gentleman of Dread » Fri May 25, 2012 12:48 am

As I've always said, when life goes your way, play a new game.

Or flip a coin.

Narts

Postby Narts » Fri May 25, 2012 6:55 am

good is whoever pays most money

Treedweller

Postby Treedweller » Fri May 25, 2012 10:08 am

I thought that in Spain young people were struggling to find even the worst jobs. Congratulations, my darling, it sounds like you're tops when it comes to your career. I say go with Dinópolis because the weird 'o' is pretty.

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Fri May 25, 2012 11:05 pm

Treedweller wrote:I thought that in Spain young people were struggling to find even the worst jobs.

We are. Neither of these options truly guarantee I'll end up working there, but it's a start. I'll probably end up asking for Dinópolis, but whatever my choice, I'm first in line, so it's all my way this time. I'll have to make a choice next wednesday.

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 am

This weekend I'll be acting with my stage combat group Versus Madrid in a great convention in the Madrid Amusement Park's Great Theatre. This means 1.800 people will be watching our show. The event is Fanvención (Fan-vention) and we are going to play a great part on it. Besides the big show (both days) and the End Event (both days too) we will have different fights in different places of the Park and Making-Of shows in another stage, teaching people some of the basic moves. We're also going to battle before a red-illuminated lake with waterfalls with our friends fighting over the bridges behind as Dark Moor plays Duel of the Fates after their concert.

This is gonna be wicked awesome. We've been preparing for this for months. It's our most ambitious project to date, by far. More than 12 people on stage in the main show and a total of 23 people in the crew, not including the guys managing lighting and sound (they are the Theater's crew).

There will be so many videos and I'm going to spam the fudge out of them.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:39 am

Wanting to ask something.. Do you not msn often, or do you just set yourself offline? You're never on lately, yet active on other things like facebook.

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:03 am

I haven't been logging in to MSN for a while. I do so every now and then but not often. I do check FB and Twitter for private messages and share the occasional funny/interesting post I see.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah, Happy Birthday!

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Happy birthday!

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:37 am

It was cool, but few people joined me for various (or no) reasons, I'll make another two plans for next week to pick up some other friends.

For now, I've been on TV today promoting tomorrow's show and this weekend is going to be a blast!

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:20 am

So, about:

There is a limit to what fighting can do, and I've crossed the line far too many times. Once again I leave sayin' "I'll tell you later" but when I come back I feel like I can no longer give any significant amount of fudge. This is mostly due to how physically and mentally wasted and tired I am, I think. Anyway I'm not holding out this time.

The exam last week I was so happy about afterwards, it wa divided in two parts. In the first one, I got the highest grade of all people, in the second, the lowest. I don't fudge know what the hell happened there. I saw the exam, discussed it with the teacher: I fudge up big time, there's no fixing that, period. How the same person manages to get both the highest and lowest mark on the same day is puzzling. Huh.

Aaaand today I fudge up again. I confused the date of my other two exams with one another, so I was obviously at the right time in the wrong place today. That also robbed me of two days to finish an assignement, which wouldn't have been a problem if the laptop I was assembing the final draft of the thing together hadn't died right in the spot. It was no big deal, though, since I totally needed those two days to actually have a chance with this exam, and there's no arguing my way out of one thing with the other. Both were absolute requisites.

So I have absolutely lost any chance to end my grade this year, woohoo. I want out, fudge.

Will start moving on ASAP for scholarships for the next year, since I don't think I have the money to pay for another year. I don't think I'll even be elegible for one with such few classes, and this very year prices for pubic university have skyrocketed. I also neet to search the COIE to search for a spot an assistant in practice somewhere so I can at least get myself actual experience before I venture the job market once it's over for real. The chances to find an actual job in Spain right now are laughable.

In the meantime, I still have an exam Friday (the one I had prepared for today, hurr) which I expect to at least pass, and then I have a week to wrap up my End Grade Project. Which is not gonna be the end of my grade, hurrrrrrr.
Last edited by Kanzer on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Treedweller

Postby Treedweller » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 am

Honey, I understand that life can get in the way of studying and assignments. But can I ask: why were you still working on an assignment only two days before it was due, even if it was the final draft? Your exam schedule told you that you'd be busy at that time. Why were these exams so stressful when you've had an entire term to prepare and shore up your weaknesses? And mistakes do happen, but missing an exam is huge.

Why let things pile up until it's a crumpets? Or were there other circumstances?

If there weren't--and this is simple, shallow advice--you need to get organized and manage your time your time like a professional. Your problems are tangibly costing you time and money. I apologize for jumping to conclusions or if I crossed a line, Kanzy dear, but the most productive people are on top of their crumpets and do things well in advance in case something happens. Then, all won't be lost to chance when pressure mounts.

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:53 am

Worry not about crossing lines, I wouldn't be sayin' crumpets if I thought it was nobody's bussiness.

I haven't have as much time as I expected for many reasons. The main was ending up stuck full-time in professional practice for the first two months of summer, leaving little time to both the exams and the assignments, even for a non-sleeper like me. I worked and worked hard- like I said somewhere in the last page, my studies are the one thing nothing had managed to ruin for me. Or were, turns out.

But then there is always something, and I've been telling you of things like this one for like three years. This time I really don't feel like ellaborating, but once again I've had to spend whole days from here to there so a class I passed a goddamn year ago shows up the damn grade instead of red letter saying I didn't take the exam. I've also had family issues, I've had to help arrange us selling some small lands of my late grandpa we finally managed to sell so we could cut ourselves a little slack. And it was cartography work, rearranging the actual size from the old maps, going on the field to mark the eroded limits. It took quite some time I should have spent on the field for different reasons. So in the end, I missed an exam due to being busy demanding an old exam be reckoned, and didn't make the assignement in time due to working on a different one for the sale.

At any rate, with a brain like the one I have, I should have been able to press through even in these circumstances, even with so little time. I have in the past. Yet I couldn't. I have said stuff lately about procrastination but truth is, I haven't actually seen the outside in weeks except for going to the exams I've had. My only guess is that the strain of this all continued effort in really showing up. The work, the worrying, the sleepless nights, the ashtma and the pressure from my parents are really adding up. My two bravest friends have actually worked up the guts to tell me "hey, we're mighty worried about you nowadays, like, more than usual". I don't know, I guess everybody has their limits and willpower doesn't quite make up for unrest.

It's just that the one thing I had puts so much work one has been slowlly falling apart during the year, you know? And precisely to outside causes. The one thing. I guess I'm very tired.

Aaaand here I am posting again instead of having decent sleep. I'll go catch some, I promise. I won't get up until I've laid down for at least 8 hours, asleep or awake. And Treedles, again, no offense taken at all, please guys do speak freely.

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Hey guys, I'm trying to get my ass overseas for work for the next 3 months. Any suggestions as where I should I head for? Also, if you know any good places I could work (geology-related always preferred) I'm open to any suggestions and will appreciate your help. As long as it's geology work I'm paid for so it'll be cool. Otherwise, I'll just keep it in mind as backup and try to get on my shady bussiness.

Return to “ASDF”