WRASSLIN'

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

McTool

WRASSLIN'

Post by McTool » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:25 am

So instead of GoD and myself and whoever else taking over random topics with wrasslin' discussion we should concentrate it here I guess

Current Title Holders as of 11/28/2014

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar (won via pinfall on John Cena at Summerslam)

Divas Championship: Nikki Bella (won via pinfall on AJ Lee at Survivor Series)

Tag Team Championship: The Miz and Damien Mizdow (won via pinfall on Goldust, taking the titles from Gold and Stardust at Survivor Series)

Intercontinental Championship: Dolph Ziggler (Won on TLC... AND STAIRS via Ladder Match on Luke Harper)

United States Championship: Rusev (won on RAW Post-Show via submission defeating Sheamus)
Last edited by McTool on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Re: WRASSLIN'

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:18 am

Triple Threat Tag Match.. Great match. Usos continue to make me happy with their progress. The Brotherhood (CALLING THEM THAT NOW) are great but Rollins and Reigns.. and Ambrose in fact, give them a bit more development. Shield used to make me sit up, now.. I kind of want to stop seeing them for a bit.

Summer Rae beating Natalya by roll up might be related to Fandango winning his first match with a roll up (against Jericho.) Honestly, NXT Divas matches are so much better than most Divas matches. AJ Lee beating Brie should hopefully not lead to another AJ vs Brie match and hopefully they either bring up Paige or Emma from NXT or Kaitlyn vs AJ in a more serious story can happen this time.

Big E vs Ambrose was good. It wasn't amazing but it was better than nearly every other match on this card that wasn't a Triple Threat Tag match. They hit heads during the match and both get cuts that make them bleed. Blood on PPV! Yay! Plus Big E hit a spear through the ropes in a great spot.

Punk vs Heyman... be over. Please. Please just be over. You should have had a big ending match at Battleground or finished it at NoC. But this match was fine, considering Ryback was in it.

Cena... No sell Arm! That's all I'm saying on that. Los Matadores, off my screen, give me more racist screentime. Zeb over, Cesaro over, Swagger over. And they're heels.

Screwjob. A Cell match and a screwjob. And Orton's the champ. Orton and Cena? What happened to my future people?! Why did people vote Michaels and not greatest man alive Bob backlund?!

running a tumblr making wrestling gifs, you realize who people like. The Shield being the big one, even to crumpets on Big E which disappoints me.

I'd like to see Sami Zayn on the main roster soon, he's one of top five talents in NXT, if not the top. And there's Raw soon. And Arc of Wrestling podcast (which I'm a regular) already hates the screwjob (or a kneejerk reaction as someone keeps insisting on)

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:49 am

So last night was certainly a thing.

Immediate thoughts:

Thank god Punk/Ryback/Heyman is over. I could not be happier. A Street Fight match was a good way to end it once and for all.

Looks like we're going to get Team Punk/Bryan/Miz/Kofi vs. Team Wyatts+probably Kane at Survivor Series. Sure why not. SPEAKING OF KANE, really glad Monster Kane is back! Also really interested to see where this goes!

Big E getting "demoted" to gunning for the US Title is sad, and hopefully Axel heals quickly so someone can take that away from him. Also really sick of every Shield thing turning into a 3v3 instead of just being allowed to play. SPEAKING OF TAG TEAMS, if I have to watch one more Los Mats/3MB match I will... still end up watching wrestling. BUT I WON'T BE HAPPY. Also glad they're pushing The Real Americans and boy do I hope they end up with the titles soon.

Summer Rae is wrestling now! Hopefully this means they'll bring up some more NXT Divas soon, although given how long it took for her to finally wrestle instead of just accompanying Fandango, who knows.

Could care less about Show/HHH honestly, but I'll bet this burns until 'Mania

OKAY THE BIG ONE

I swear if Sandow gets buried so Super Cena can be Super Cena for a while I am going to be livid. Losing his cash-in was a bit of a clever nod, since Cena is the only other person to cash in and fail, but if I have to watch Cena win night after night after night while Sandow just sits around I will be so sad.
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:48 am

Might not even be Kofi, Teaming with Team Internet Darlings. I enjoyed the beatdowns (and Punk/Bray gives me my favourite gifset I've done: http://wrestling-giffer.tumblr.com/post/65439688849)

Summer is good. I like Summer. She did more to impress me than Bellas already, though that's not hard.

Show/HHH. K. Big E/Ambrose is good and the one internet indie fan who hates Big E should stop hating him.

Sandow losing.. It pissed me off to no end. SuperSuperCena. But, I mean, out of this whole thing, I got this: Image

Genius. Excited for the future, but worried about Survivor Series placement already (plus this seems to be leading into a Punk/Bray feud more than a bryan/bray feud.)

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:42 am

I find it *immensely* funny that the last time we saw Sandow he was calling out Alberto Del Rio on sexism and mistreatment of women and made a really interesting face move and the WWE appears to have just gone "NOPE WE TAKE IT BACK STILL A HEEL." I'm still waiting for the one day Sandow gets to the "King of Kings" section in the Hallelujah Chorus, just because I want to see that immediately interrupted by Mr. Power Suit.

Anyone who hates Big E is a huge moron and needs to go away, and while I agree that Ambrose is a great person to wrestle Big E, I just *really* want Axel to lose the IC so that he can do something else. I was really gunning for Axel to also get mad at Heyman for suddenly favoring Ryback and trash-talking Axel constantly but that obviously couldn't happen while Punk was still trying to murder Heyman. Hopefully we'll see that when Axel comes back, though I'll be curious if they build up Big E/Ambrose only to ditch it as soon as Axel returns (this would be bad).
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:12 am

Sandow can and should be one of the top heels of the company. He's got the JBL smarts with Savage Charisma and Kurt Angle's visciousness in the way he carries himself in the ring. So this means he'll be gone next year.

I was hoping Axel would become more angry and crazy in his attempts to impress 'daddy' (I have a theory of how Heyman Guys are a crazy family.) but it never showed and it kind of made me sad. Big E seems to now be in the program with The Shield, so I'm interested to see how that goes. Honestly, only thing I'm not excited for is Cena. Already it's just business as usual.

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:24 am

Gentleman of Dread wrote:So this means he'll be gone next year.
Womp womp
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:47 am

Yeah, I don't have hopes for anyone in wrestling any more (and it's a shame if this happens, WWE haven't had such a great heel since Edge.)

MC, watch/follow NXT at all?

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:23 am

I really should; I think they put it up on Hulu and I might add it to my Saturday night Smackdown catchup. I have a tendency not to watch Smackdown when it airs because they don't cut anything on Hulu and Smackdown is just a recap of RAW 90% of the time, although that thing where Cody Rhodes threw Sandow's briefcase into the Gulf of Mexico was amazing.
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:05 am

It's only on Hulu in the states, and trust me, it's golden. Interesting to see all the new talent and indie guys and Bo Dallas. (Bolieve.) It's probably the best 50-55 minutes you could spend watching wrestling.

Smackdown.. get less raw recaps please.

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:47 am

I wonder if we'll get to see this again tonight

I mean we got it again on RAW, and I'll never get sick of Cesaro sooooooooooooo
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 am

So there's been a lot of talk about Bryan and his standing in WWE at this current moment, especially with PPV buys down. Dirtsheets seem to try and be rucking up a ruckus and you know what? If people are upset with his standing, instead of Yes chants, chant Daniel Bryan, especially with Big Show (he still deserves better) vs Orton happening. J

Also, Cesaro is great. But I think he's currently in the UK so might not be on smackdown because he would have to flow out Tuesday.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:40 am

only good wrestling is VGCW

Liam

Post by Liam » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 am

Triple H to climb the ladder and become the Undisputed Champion in a shocking twist.
Your political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:02 am

The WWE Network finally coming to fruition is the greatest thing I've ever heard

I've barely got time to catch up on things as is, and the ability to have PPVs readily available in a quality that isn't "awful" is GREAT
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:12 am

so

A lot of my views in wrestling are on Arc of Wrestling podcast, (we've got a website now www.arcofwrestling.webs.com ) but there's one thing I keep wondering. If it would turn back to non PG, do people expect people they hate (Cena, Orton) to be gone or something?

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:31 pm

okay
mctool
you should go watch the nxt recap of 2013
because the match at the end
oh my god.
Oh my fudge god.
Regal can break my heart over and over again.

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:12 am

DUDE I SAW IT LAST NIGHT

TEARS ROLLED DOWN MY FACE

I HOPE HE COMES BACK TO COMMENTARY SOON

Also okay I am well and truly caught up now so here are some thoughts

1) How long do we think Orton is keeping the WWEHCWUHCUXHJL Title? 'Mania? He's certainly not losing it at the Rumble, and the days of titles changing hands on RAW is gone. I don't think it'll go anywhere at EC either (though I'll bet the US Title and Tag Team Title change hands).

2) Who's gonna win the Rumble? The obvious guess and dream is DBry, but I wouldn't doubt a good ol' CENAWINSLOL.
2a) Bonus points if SuperCena wins and then gives the chance to Daniel Bryan since he's been robbed so many goddamn times.

3) When's 'Taker gonna show up? WM is coming up sooner than we'd think and there's currently no one for him to beef with the way Punk did last year.

4) Speaking of Punk, what the hell is he going to do right now? Wyatts? Shield seems to be throwing down with whomever right now (dat Reigns singles push), so it seems like the revolutionaries gonna duke it out.

5) Holy crumpets that Rollins/Cena match was just as good as I was told

6) After that spot on the NXT recap where Paige says she's not going to be a Diva when she goes to RAW/Smackdown! (bang important (god please soon)) but a Women's Champion do we think the WWE might finally move forward past the idiotic sexism of the "Divas" crumpets?

7) Speaking of NXT people moving up, who's next? You see several Sami Zayn signs at every televised event now, but Xavier just showed up in November and lord forbid the WWE introduce even more new talent (Primo and Epico redux doesn't count, don't care if they're repackaged). I'd really love to see Zayn or Neville; there is no such thing as too many high fliers.
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:10 pm

1) Beyond Wrestlemania I feel. Probs lose at ER or Payback 2: ELETRIC BOOGALOO. It should be Bryan who wins it but...
2) Batista. Because fudge you Bryan/Punk/Ziggler/Sandow/Cody/Goldust/REGAL DAMN IT/others I know I'm forgetting, you don't deserve a singles push >:o
3) Probs just the raw after EC.
3a) SPEAKING OF EC, WILL EC HAVE LESNAR IN THE EC?!
4) Fourth Wheel in The Shield feud. I suspect he's in limbo FOREEEEEEEVEEEEEER. Which is disappointing.
5) Damn skippy son. To me, he's the best one of The Shield and never exactly gets noticed for his hard work. Matches with Punk and Cena help boost his stock.
6) Paige, the Anti-Diva, is great on NXT and will hopefully feud and have matches of the year with AJ or Kaitlyn for example. (LET HER NO WHERE NEAR THE LOLBELLAS PLZ)
7) Rusev. Yeah. Rusev. Because fudge you, you want talent, go elsewhere. It should be Zayn or Kruger brought up, then I can have all my indy rematches again, Zayn vs Bryan. Mmmggh. (Also Regal call up to win the big one plz)
8) Huge fan of the Wyatt/Bryan angle that closed Raw, and made me realise that nobody is willing to wait any more for Payoffs.
9) alsololcenavsorton match number 95

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:07 am

The Wyatt/Bryan angle has me REALLY EXCITED for the future, even though I know it'll bomb super hard. Reading the Conspiracy Theories is pretty great (Kane is a sleeper agent, etc.), and I want to believe in them but we'll see how it goes. Triple H may be in charge of creative now, and he may be hella corporate, but he was part of DX at one point, and I pray and hope he still knows how to write a good rebellion story.

When do we anticipate a Shield breakup? I think it's clear it's going to lead a Rollins/Ambrose feud while Reigns goes off and dicks around elsewhere, but I wonder when it'll actually come to fruition. Using Punk to help push them is cool though, even if it does mean Punk just sits around forever.

Lesnar is going to end up fighting Batista, please. We're going to get The Beast vs. The Animal, and you know it. HOT DANG that F5 on Mark Henry though, that is one hell of a way to show someone is a monster. And did you catch that pop when Lesnar came out?! That's why the WWE needs to stop teasing returns and just let them happen apropos of nothing.

I realized, watching the Zayn/Cesaro 2/3 again, that while god Zayn needs to move up, not even half the WWE roster could actually work with him. He's younger and has more endurance than Mysterio or Not-Hunico Sin Cara, but most of the WWE locker room has crumpets ability to work with high fliers and I see him getting hella injured hella fast. That said GOD BRING HIM UP PLEASE ANYWAYS PLEASE

If Sandow seriously ends up in a feud with Khali I will end worlds. Also Cena/Orton until the end of time great fantastic good job Vince
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 am

Wyatt/Bryan is a good story not just from a wrestling standpoint, but just from a general standpoint. I am excited and I want to see where it goes. I can tell this is a Trips storyline because it's god damn character development naturally and not a random ass stipulation added onto the end of a match.

Shield breakup... Rumble or WMXXX. Honestly, it's going to lead into a Reigns/Ambrose feud, and I feel Rollins is going to be the 'loser' from the Shield breaking up. It shouldn't be, because Reigns is the weaklink of the Shield but when has WWE Done things right.

LESNAR/BATISTA WILL THROW MONEY AT FOREVER. NEED TO JUST LET HAPPEN PLS.

Zayn could work with a fair amount of the top guys.. but the lower card guys will kill him. (Ryback comes to mind.) Unfortuantly, that's going to be the most for the best of NXT at the moment except Tyler Breeze who uh. Is Tyler Breeze.

Sandow/Khali, 10/10 feud, makes no sense. Cena/Orton makes no sense still 10/10.

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 am

Gentleman of Dread wrote:Shield breakup... Rumble or WMXXX. Honestly, it's going to lead into a Reigns/Ambrose feud, and I feel Rollins is going to be the 'loser' from the Shield breaking up. It shouldn't be, because Reigns is the weaklink of the Shield but when has WWE Done things right.
WWE IRONCLAD RULE: Always Push Samoans
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 am

ALWAYS. UNLESS YOUR NAME IS USO.

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:54 am

WHEN I SAY OOS YOU SAY O

OOS "O!"

OOS "O!"

shut up JBL

Also oh my god there was *another* Sandow/Khali match what the hell

But the rest of that Old School RAW had me squealing. JAKE THE SNAKE!!!!!
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:22 pm

JAKE THE SNAKE OH MY GOD I HAD TWO MOMENTS OF PURE JOY AND THAT WAS ONE OF THEM
The other being Too Cool because damn it they were just too cool.

So, WWE Network. 100,000 hours of avaliable footage on demand, live ppvs, the replays, new television content.. for $10 a month.

I wants it.

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:25 am

Yup I'm signing up ASAP. That press conference was probably the best press conference I've ever seen, though DX was a cop-out (I was really hoping to have Trips walk out to "THEY CALL ME THE KING... THE KING OF KINGS"). Paid off in the end though, that Michael Bay jab was incredible. Perkins sold it like a boss.

Also, regarding rollout of the network: USA USA USA

Pretty sure it's not going to show RAW and Smackdown and that weirds me out, but we'll see. I think USA, SyFy, and Ion would be super pissed if they put it on the Network as well, so I'm curious how that will pan out.

EDIT: yup it's not happening still gotta fire up the ol' cable box
Make good choices

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:03 am

I almost cried as I thrust my hands in the air on the couch
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:51 am

Bryan is in top three for most over of all time. YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 am

Hogan, Austin, Bryan? I assume that's your Top 3 then.
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:48 am

Yeah. Punk was the third guy but Bryan is just.. damn man. So over.

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 am

Yeah can he win the Rumble and main event Wrestlemania now please

Look at that crowd Vince

Don't be a moron

Edit: No joke if DBry is put in the Rumble and the card doesn't suck I might actually shell out money for it

Double Edit: I finally updated that stupid first post
Make good choices

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:43 am

oh god they had a cage match between octodad and duke nukem and the ai fudge up so hard they had to cancel the match because neither could get out

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:31 am

Did the AI not even try for a pin? That's friggin' incredible
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:26 am

Man I haven't touched WWE 2k14 in a while. Time to beat the streak as Daniel Bryan I guess.

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:30 am

The only WWE game I ever bought was All Stars

Still holds up
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:45 am

rip all star servers I need it

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:47 am

well that was probably the worst go-home RAW I've ever seen

wow
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:23 pm

yeah

well, that's what happens when WWE suddenly decides the rumble is second fiddle to orton/cena

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 am

[youtube]2tlvbNvsM0s[/youtube]
Make good choices

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:47 am

and goodbye any seriousness I had for this feud.