Advance Wars Net is dead (Again!)

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

Blame Game

Advance Wars Net is dead (Again!)

Post by Blame Game » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:17 pm

you care, deal with it

Xen: It seems we have the ultimate zombie on our hands.

Narts

Re: Advance Wars Net is dead

Post by Narts » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:26 am

lol

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:04 am

This was bothering me, so I edited it. - Linkman

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:27 pm

too soon
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:50 pm

not according to gipface apparently

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:58 pm

or you

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:36 pm

when it comes to advance wars gip is my moral compass

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:14 pm

This explains a lot.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Now we're just waiting on when we are gonna kick the bucket right? What's left by now of the AW community? Just us and AWBW?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:01 pm

AWBW forums are down at the moment! Not sure what the deal is with them.

Apparently Wars Central is still a thing. Not that I even really know what that is.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:04 pm

IS better get a fudge move on then
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

monkymeet

Post by monkymeet » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:34 am

i think by this point we aren't really an AW community anymore, but just a hangout for bitter assholes

woo

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:52 am

Pretty sure I've never posted once outside of Chatter but someone feel free to call me on that
Make good choices

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:46 pm

the AWness of the community is dormant, like a sleeping volcano, or a mega evolution

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:59 pm

The AWBW forum was dead for a while before it went down.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:36 am

I find it a little bit ironic that I'm seeing this on the day that I put up some threads to help us actually fill out the guide sections.

Then again, I will freely admit that I put those up out of boredom more than optimism.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:15 pm

This topic depressed me a little. In a way, it amazes me that this forum is still alive and kicking after all these years and after the majority of the community stopped posting about AW at all. It's sad though, because it does seem to be a community at the end of it's rope. Honestly, I still consider this my main forum. I check here just about every day, and like, for example, I still occasionally get ideas of articles to submit to Olaf's Chair. Mostly because I've never submitted anything of worth to this site, and still feel a little bad about it.

It doesn't surprise me that people move on as our common threads are getting smaller, but it still makes me sad.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Anonymous Guy

Post by Anonymous Guy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:42 am

I find it funny you claim to be [i]bitter[/i] assholes.

No, you have ALWAYS been assholes, plain and simple. You created a hostile environment with crumpets humor even before getting into stuff like deleting pages that would have been useful because they were "not needed", or simply mocking the likes of Matthew Pyke. And you keep doing it because you know your friends will be equally slimy by supporting you, rather than rightfully call you out, all because you wouldn't so much as welcome it even as a necessity. You are nothing but slimy cowards, and it reflects in how you think Artillery spam is miraculously balanced, because Artillery are totally the Pawns of the game.

Seriously, you think that Artillery should be able to sponge abuse for how spammable it is. It only shows you to be just like Greyfield, in that you're hypocritical darwinists. What next, you're going to order your firing squad to execute you as well?

You are scum, you refuse to [i]even care about that[/i], and you are getting what you deserve. That's all there is to it.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:57 am

Hi Juigi.

Anyway, it's kinda sad but AWN was unfortunately on the death knell the second they lost their forum database and couldn't get it restored due to madcow not being willing to do it. Still, I feel bad for DeathBerserker, he's a nice guy and he did a ton of work for the site. It was kind of unfortunate that despite his best efforts he couldn't get everything going back around him. :(
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:25 am

s/o to anon here for instead of just calling us assholes over making light of the dead also bringing up how *awful* this forum's AW strategies are

Like I mean it's one thing to be haters but bad strats, that crumpets is just inexcusable
Make good choices

Narts

Post by Narts » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 am

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS.

Christians: 1 - Hypocritical darwinists: 0

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:03 pm

I'll take the accusation of being a hypocritical darwinist with grace, though I don't think I'll order firing squads to execute myself anytime soon.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:16 am

who the hell is greyfield
the dream

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:07 am

Twelve Boats wrote:who the hell is greyfield
My thoughts really

I do feel sad that we're not posting as often, but I suppose it can't be helped.

EDIT: McTool's post made me lol. I'm sorry about Matthew Pyke, but Juigi is just... ugh.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:00 pm

lol juigi

But yeah regarding AWN I think PK and Xen summed up my sentiments quite well. It's sad to see all the AW communities fall apart like that one by one. Losing AWN is, whatever anyone's relation with the site may have been, another major blow for the series and its fans. It's true that the previous board wipe was a lethal blow it was not going to recover from, so it comes at no surprise it was gonna kick the bucket. Remember, AWN used to be the biggest community by far when we hardly mattered in comparison.

JSRulz

Post by JSRulz » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:40 am

To be honest, I'm actually more concerned about if its possible to obtain the text dumps from the forums. Even if the site is dead, is doesn't mean that the loads and loads of user content contributed should go down with the ship. I'm actually considering finding a place where all that stuff can be stored myself in order to keep all those hours and hours of custom campaigns and other works in that site attainable by the community.

It is sad. I hope that the tribute to the series we are working on actually still has a community left that'll be able to appreciate it. The forums at AWBW are down as well. That basically leaves here and WC as the two strongest AW forums. CW and BBHQ are still up, but inactive at the moment.

Anonymous Guy

Post by Anonymous Guy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:06 pm

[quote="Anonymous Guy"]And you keep doing it because you know your friends will be equally slimy by supporting you, rather than rightfully call you out, all because you wouldn't so much as welcome it even as a necessity.[/quote]

[quote="Everybody else"]stfu juigi we are glad to be hypocritical darwinists[/quote]

The best way to counterargue a point calling out the characters of the clowns pulling stupidity: PROVE THE DAMNED POINT IN QUESTION BY RESPONDING WITH NOTHING BUT INSULTS.

I even enjoy that claim that I'm a "hater." No really, it's funny. You're so desperate to see the game as balanced that you have to resort to claiming that Artillery is balanced through costing only 6000G for how it easily destroys everything that isn't an air unit while easily shrugging off abuse. Never mind that infantry spam, Infantry OR Mechs, would become considerably weaker without how spammable they are. Get it straight: nobody wants to play a game where "you can never have too many Artillery" as you put it.

And you're also claiming to sympathize with Matthew Pyke's death. Too late to try being politically correct, assholes. Especially when you are saying it just to spew crumpets in a sad effort to again be politically correct.

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:08 pm

okay how about this: fudge off juigi because you're an asshole

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:13 pm

My God you're an asshole. Go away to wherever you came from.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

monkymeet

Post by monkymeet » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:01 pm

suck an artillery cannon, juigi

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:11 pm

JSRulz wrote:To be honest, I'm actually more concerned about if its possible to obtain the text dumps from the forums. Even if the site is dead, is doesn't mean that the loads and loads of user content contributed should go down with the ship. I'm actually considering finding a place where all that stuff can be stored myself in order to keep all those hours and hours of custom campaigns and other works in that site attainable by the community.
If there's any custom content you'd wish to share with the community you're more than welcome to submit it to us and we'll put it up when we finish the site. The new WordPress site should make it easier to put custom content up anyway.

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:43 pm

just want to give a friendly mention that all of you peeps getting hot under the collar about juigi and calling him out for benign rant posts are preeeeetty embarrassing to me given your extremely disappointing track record of 100% tolerating class S++ scumbag gipface

Dragonite

Re: Advance Wars Net is deada

Post by Dragonite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:49 pm

We only survived because our small size invokes the magic of friendship and bonds/the dreadful curse of Olaf's chair.

Also, how did juigi notice this topic, but yet he does not notice that the majority of the memberhood talks about social stuff without indulging in slimy worship of the golden cal- I mean artillery?

Gip rarely posts here anyway. We did call him out on that offensive poem about Matthew he posted a while back though blamegame.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Oh no, I have fallen from BG's lofty socially acceptable standards.

*wailing*

*ahem*

As acerbic as the man is, he's as positive a force you can get in the community.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Blame Game

Post by Blame Game » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:58 pm

my point made, dragonite

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Xenesis wrote:As acerbic as the man is, he's as positive a force you can get in the community.
That pretty much sums up Gip.

But yeah, let's please keep this about AWN. Anymore whining about Gip, Matthew Pyke, Artillery or hypocritical darwinists and whatnot and I'll lock the thread. There is no need to dig up all this crumpets again.

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Wow, I don't go on WWN for a couple of days and come back to a proper circa-2007-style flamewar. Well done, kids.

To be honest, this stopped being an AW community years ago, at least for me. AW was the gateway to the social forum it is now.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:02 am

I've already PMed HPD, but can someone delete my last two posts here? They're childish and I regret them.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:25 am

daisy wrote:Wow, I don't go on WWN for a couple of days and come back to a proper circa-2007-style flamewar. Well done, kids.

To be honest, this stopped being an AW community years ago, at least for me. AW was the gateway to the social forum it is now.
Pretty much the same for me. Since I joined late 2007, I seem to have missed most of the dynamic AW era of this place. I like AW casually, and would enjoy a new game/life in this place very much, but... To be honest I'm pretty clueless how the exact dynamics between the major AW forums used to be. I posted a artillery joke of my own this morning mainly because the idea of it being a issue is just so odd.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:12 am

I'm still impressed that for all of the jokes made about this forum being dead, it's now the most active/last active community left.

I always thought that the AWBW forums had a decent amount of staying power, but that died in like the middle of 2012 or so, and now that there's no sign of the forum coming back it's probably safe to say RIP to that.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote: