Gentleman of Dread presents: Insane Dreams

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

Gentleman of Dread

Gentleman of Dread presents: Insane Dreams

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:12 pm

I had the most meta and confusing dream ever that I need to write it down. I dreamed I was in a dream of my school life and that I'd always been able to read minds outside of the dreams but not inside of the dreams. But I kept reliving days of my schoollife and then I found out I could read minds of the past and it was hell of interesting.. My dream was just me reliving my past but I could read people's minds in the dream and they'd matched up to what I remembered them thinking previously. It turns out something was wrong with the dream I was in.Because I witnessed the 'suicide' of a North Korean woman that I was convinced at first was a murder because there was another dreamer apart of my dream and all I saw was her screaming over the corpse

I then learn two things via notes from the woman's personal effects: that this dream state is not common but can be induced by a special drug and that a few people had been induced like that. The north Korean woman had been someone who went around making sure that the dream state was not dangerous, and in fact had been murdered, but the only answers to the whole thing where in North Korea. Three things happen after this goes down. One, I find my some of my teachers are in this dream state too and very aware of it, who know everything about the world but just don't want to share. Two, my school moved to become next door to North Korea at some point and that the border guard was in the military base near the school. Three, The North Korea's North border guard was a man who didn't speak a word of anything but his pet monkey spoke for him (It spoke very broken English) and pointed me to a faceless man who got me into North Korea

This is how, during the tail end of the dream, I ended up in the Labrynths under North Korea, searching for answers, and finding out that the woman had been murdered by an 'archangel' who said they were looking to return dreaming back to a very natural state.

There's some details I've skipped purely because they were just nothing in compared to the craziness of this dream, but I can describe the room vividly. It was a pretty decent sized square room, a grey concrete lit by candles. To get there, you travelled through a natural cave that was lit up by mushrooms and crumpets, and one way led to a different room that was filled with posion gas.

The room we were in was filled with old clothes and toys from different people's lives, filed into different bags and I noticed that they were some of the other people in the dream state.

The Archangel then mentioned that I was here on my own accord and that I hadn't been drugged, meaning they were powerless to do anything.

Information I gleamed from his mind was he wasn't an angel but rather a thief looking to steal people's identities via the dream state and that the murdered woman had found out about the thieves and was desperately trying to wake up.

I woke up after a second thief showed up and my faceless guide got in a fight.

hawkesnightmare

Re: Gentleman of Dread presents: Insane Dreams

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Once I dreamed I had a shark with legs for a pet. He was pretty cool.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Gentleman, if you turned that dream into an experimental indie game, I'd play the hell out of it.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:50 am

I would really like to do that. I don't even know why my mind made it North Korea I had to go to, but I should probably specify that the thieves were European. I don't think there was anything bad about NK in the dream?

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:48 am

i once dreamed the earth fell out of gravity and the sky was just a constant stream of stars and what not zipping by

life continued in its current mundane way, there was just a lot more skywatchin
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:05 am

When I was a little kid, I dreamed about something right out of a fantasy novel or video game (before I even read or played any of those), and ended with me having to jump from a rock cliff to another, something like 25/50 meters away.

I dreamed this several days in a row, and while my brothers and my mother always made it, I kept on failing and falling into the water down under with a shark bringing me a nasty death.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:01 am

Satel, did the shark have legs?

hawke, did the shark wear fishnets on its legs?

Gentlemen, while I agree with Treed's profitability assessment, I cannot help but feel I have seen that somewhere before.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:30 am

Nah, the shark kinda looked like #leftshark, except it looked like a real shark.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:53 pm

It's got bits of inception in it I suppose.

Sniffit II

Post by Sniffit II » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Fractal dreams are confusing. They are straight-up mindscrew of the highest order.
i don't know what a bishop ninja is but if it can still move diagonal without being seen it's got my vote - Pkdragon

FEAR ME, FEAR THE FIRE THAT BURNS IN MY BALLS, VERIDIAN FOREST! - Dragonite

Vote Sniffit for Space Dictator.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:38 am

i dreamed i was playing a D&D game with Luc from Suikoden last night. He calmly explained that I was derailing the game with my antics and it might be better if I play a Lawful character instead of a Chaotic character. I really need to lay off the Suikoden.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon May 18, 2015 3:22 pm

So I had this dream where the Jews invited me to Tel Aviv, which was this giant utopian sci-fi fortress in the middle of the desert that looked like something out of Final Fantasy. Bubble canopy, city built on multiple levels, flying cars and everything. By the time I got out the rest of the world had turned into this Mad Max style radioactive wasteland, with gangs of crazy mutants attacking everything in sight. Curiously, the biggest source of irradiation was Fort Tel Aviv itself, so when you left the city you had to drive through the desert as fast as possible to get out of the radiation zone with minimum exposure. Then the mutants started chasing you in their rusted flying vehicles.

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed May 20, 2015 3:38 pm

I discovered that gasoline poured from a jerry can had the magical ability to "flip" spray can paint so that if I poured gas on random splotches of paint I had sprayed on streets and walls and then set them alight they would turn exactly into the shapes and designs I wanted.

For a fleeting moment, in my dreams, I was the greatest graffiti artist in the world.

To celebrate I even declared Thursday before Easter the International Jerry Day.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed May 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Narts you need to lay off the drugs. Or get me some.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sat May 23, 2015 4:30 pm

I once dreamed someone stood on the Acropolis in a thunderstorm, with Thor's hammer in hand.
My sig is a void.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun May 31, 2015 12:03 am

Just yesterday night I dreamed of playing baseball, and I was playing with Mika.
Also I was playing like I was left-handed, failed and ended up with my right side falling into a puddle of mud, but we loled so it was kay.

I need to stop trippin balls sometimes.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun May 31, 2015 10:57 am

Fire Emblem X Danger 5 is the weirdest mashup ever.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun May 31, 2015 11:07 am

if i increase my screentime too much i start to lose my body in my dreams and i just become an extension of a screen.

anyway i took a nap and had a lovely dream about being trapped in the darksun yellow WWN PM system. eventually i woke up when i received a message saying "that's ok sven, i switched your role with someone else", or at least the same sentiment.

the message was from HPD rekttt

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun May 31, 2015 5:23 pm

'Heropsychodreamer'

It's been his plan all along!